Download 2006

Route66

Thanks for the update, look forward to hearing. The boards would be ablaze.

I can see it now, the post show interview with Axl...

"Yeah man, the time was right to get back together. Now we're gonna go do some recording for the new record before we start a tour, and it should be out after that."

If you read halfin's website, you'll see he says that he's on good terms with the former members of GNR but not Axl. If you think about that, and think about what he said "the original lineup will play download festival"...he was probably taking a stab at axl, and was really saying Velvet Revolver are playing Download.

I don't believe for a second that the appetite lineup, or UYI lineup is playing Download...can't see it happening.

There would be more news flying around if the boys were hanging out again.

Same old Rumours:

CD will be released: August, Nov, Xmas, March, April, August, Nov, Xmas, MArch April

Reunion: John Kolodner is mediating the band...this was last year's or 2004's reunion rumour. BH left, Slash is back...blah blah blah...

Festivals: more rumours than I can count. Woodstock 99 was rumoured that GNR would get back together for it, plus the countless other times they've been rumoured to play places....

What makes this one any different?

Nothing makes this rumour different. People are just bored out of their minds by the lack of activity in the band, a band which we are lead to believe has been working on a new album for around 8 years.

My own personal spin on the whole thing is that like someone posted on HTGTH, this is like a bush/forest fire. It starts with one single minor thing like a dead bush setting on fire in the heat, and before anyone knows anything there is a massive fire covering several acres. One person posts some made up stuff on a website and before you know it, the whole thing is being believed by people in the industry and written about by the press.

The rumour seems unbelievable to me too, but with this band, who knows? There must be a reason why they have not come back yet, there must have been a reason why the 2000,2001,2002,2003,2004 and 2005 release plans (according to the band members and management) have never come off.

I dream on as ever that Axl will return one day, whoever it is with. My own dream has him returning with CD, but with Robin, Richard, Duff, Slash, Brain, Dizzy and Chris. Tommy would start this by quitting to persue other works he has planned. This would be cool as he didn't write much of the stuff on CD, by his own admission. Slash basically replaces Buckethead and Duff replaces Tommy. Everyone is happy and the world spins once more.

In reality I think what will actually pan out is that Guns will not be announced to play this year, the album won't come out either. There isn't anything making this year any different for me so far.