Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

This isn't a RollingStone interview. It's just a story about Amazon's release date - which has zero credibility.

For this reason, the thread will be merged with the existing one on rumored album release dates.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http

://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/inde...2008/#comments

I guess they caved into the Amazon date, which basically means nothing. Axl looks sort of stunned in that photo.

What's up with Rolling Stone? Every day there seems to be a CD or Axl mention. They still care, that says something, I suppose.

You know in every other thread there are people saying that the time to release CD has come and gone, and that it wont even have an impacy at this point, and that people dont even care anymore. This is just more evidence that is not true. Even if it takes another 5 years to release, EVERYBODY and THEIR MOMMA who is/was a GNR fan is going to be interested, along with every other person who has interest in rock music or the industry at all. I dont think the delay is really going to cuase peoples expectations to be too high, does anyone else?

http

://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/inde...2008/#comments

I guess they caved into the Amazon date, which basically means nothing. Axl looks sort of stunned in that photo.

What's up with Rolling Stone? Every day there seems to be a CD or Axl mention. They still care, that says something, I suppose.

You know in every other thread there are people saying that the time to release CD has come and gone, and that it wont even have an impacy at this point, and that people dont even care anymore. This is just more evidence that is not true. Even if it takes another 5 years to release, EVERYBODY and THEIR MOMMA who is/was a GNR fan is going to be interested, along with every other person who has interest in rock music or the industry at all. I dont think the delay is really going to cuase peoples expectations to be too high, does anyone else?

Completely agree. People will always care. They just need to get over the wait.

To Madison: It's an article I said, not an interview, haha. BTW, congrats on your 17,000th post. :P

People who say that the general public wont care anymore are hardcore fans that are pissed off with the current situation, the general public probably wont start caring untill the album is all over the press and advertised everywhere.

I just saw this:

http://www.antimusic.com/news/07/oct/03GNR...lease_Set.shtml

GNR CD Release Set

10/03/07

(antiMusic) Could it be? After many false starts and rumored release dates it does look like it is finally going to happen. That's right the new Guns N' Roses album "Chinese Democracy" has a release date. At least in the UK which usually sees releases the day before the US does. If your valentine is a GNR fan then you'll have the perfect gift next year. So you gotta have just a little more patience.

An astute reader informed us today that Amazon's UK store is now listing the release date for Chinese Democracy as Tuesday February 12, 2008. (which we confirmed) UK releases usually come out on Monday so this may be an exception or a typo but two other leading UK retailers list a February 11th release date. At press time the US Amazon site does not list the album. The UK site lists Geffen/Universal as the label. So news of Axl's split with the label might not be entirely true but obviously the label would like to recoup the millions they have sunk into the effort. Early mixes of few tracks leaked last year and were meet with rave reviews by the true believers and many expected an imminent release of the album when Axl announced a world tour late last year where he previewed some tracks from the CD. Then a management shuffle came and Axl issued a statement saying the release was coming soon.

Now that you are jumping up and down in celebration we have to tell that this isn't the first time a UK based retailer has published a release date for "Chinese Democracy". In February, HMV's website excited GNR fans when they listed a September 2007 release date. Which will all know did not come to pass. A check of their site today shows a release date of February 11, 2008 which falls in line with the Monday release for UK releases. However, to add more fuel to the fire that this is legit, Virgin Megastore's UK site also lists a 2/11/08 release date. So with three leading retailers listing a release that week we may finally, at last see "Chinese Democracy" come to pass in February.

I just saw this:

http://www.antimusic.com/news/07/oct/03GNR...lease_Set.shtml

GNR CD Release Set

10/03/07

(antiMusic) Could it be? After many false starts and rumored release dates it does look like it is finally going to happen. That's right the new Guns N' Roses album "Chinese Democracy" has a release date. At least in the UK which usually sees releases the day before the US does. If your valentine is a GNR fan then you'll have the perfect gift next year. So you gotta have just a little more patience.

An astute reader informed us today that Amazon's UK store is now listing the release date for Chinese Democracy as Tuesday February 12, 2008. (which we confirmed) UK releases usually come out on Monday so this may be an exception or a typo but two other leading UK retailers list a February 11th release date. At press time the US Amazon site does not list the album. The UK site lists Geffen/Universal as the label. So news of Axl's split with the label might not be entirely true but obviously the label would like to recoup the millions they have sunk into the effort. Early mixes of few tracks leaked last year and were meet with rave reviews by the true believers and many expected an imminent release of the album when Axl announced a world tour late last year where he previewed some tracks from the CD. Then a management shuffle came and Axl issued a statement saying the release was coming soon.

Now that you are jumping up and down in celebration we have to tell that this isn't the first time a UK based retailer has published a release date for "Chinese Democracy". In February, HMV's website excited GNR fans when they listed a September 2007 release date. Which will all know did not come to pass. A check of their site today shows a release date of February 11, 2008 which falls in line with the Monday release for UK releases. However, to add more fuel to the fire that this is legit, Virgin Megastore's UK site also lists a 2/11/08 release date. So with three leading retailers listing a release that week we may finally, at last see "Chinese Democracy" come to pass in February.

That's awesoem man, thanks for posting it. Hopefully this is fully legit!! :xmassrudolph:

if chinese democracy comes out february 11/12 I will eat a glove!

You know what, I'll support you. If CD gets released by then I will eat a poppy seed pretzel and post a video as a prove of me doing that.

fuck ya Feb. 12 is my bday how bitchen would that be if it came out on that day!

This new rumored date seems to be starting to get some legs. Although I wouldn't call it a legitimate "media" site, I just noticed this on 411mania:

http://www.411mania.com/music/news/60882/P...GN//R-Album.htm

Possible Release Date For New GN'R Album

Posted by Mitch Michaels on 10.03.2007

When could we see Chinese Democracy?

Rumors around the net have Guns N' Roses' long anticipated Chinese Democracy coming out on February 11, 2008 in the UK. This would indicate a February 12, 2008 release date in the US.

The album has been rumored for release for years, but talk reached a fever-pitch last year when new tracks leaked online. Many dates were rumored in 2006, but no official word ever came.

As always, take these Chinese Democracy rumors with a grain of salt.

February would allow a fucking Shitload of Promotion, that's for sure

Would like to see someone from the band either confirm or deny this, but won't hold my breath

If true, first single around Christmas or beginning of new year?

February is a stupid time to release an album and I will bet anybody on here that it won't be released then. The album either comes out in Novemeber or it comes out next spring or early Summer. Honestly, I don't think the fucking thing is even done and handed in.

I think it would be cool to let 2007 pass and start a BIG thing in early 2008 - let's have a full amazing 2008 year - 2007 is done, exept for a few shows last june and july, this year sucked.

2008 is around the corner, it's just 3 month away, so start from scratch and:

- release a single + massive promotion (Xmas and January)

- release the album (february)

- a Huge tour all over the world from March to December 2008: March/May = south America and central america, May/July = Europe - (break in August) -September/December = America and Canada.

Edited by maverik

yesss lets all eat gloves! ive been waiting for the moment to eat a glove for a sepcial occasion...and if it does come out in feb...il eat 2 gloves, like to see anyone even dare to try and top that one

This Ferbruary date is such BS guys. After all these years can't you see that this is just part of the bullshit pattern. We will hear nothing this year and then everyone will speculate how Axl's going to play the Superbowl and the album will drop in February. Axl's proven one thing over the years and that is... he's nuts!! He could say "fuck it" at any moment and burn the master recordings. The best hope we've got now is that some nice person will leak the album.

Guest banaszkiewicz

ill piss on myself if it comes out then...haha

i called early 2008 back in some other thread...ill try to find it!

A release in february makes sense. If that´s the case we can be prepared for even more rumors from other sources the next few weeks. These romurs have a bigger time frame than most of what we have heard earlier, and thats a good sign. Gnr camp/label should most likley start preparing this several months before the actual release date. If things start to rolling, people will be aware of that..

Wonder if they even release a single...?

I like how on Amazon it already has 24 reviews ranging from 1-5 stars. Let the hype begin!

Hopefully this date will get some press coverage and we'll hear more about it from the band.

ORRRR...its a bs date to put us all off the scent and in fact its really November!

In the meantime I've ordered 100

Edited by Scabbie

yesss lets all eat gloves! ive been waiting for the moment to eat a glove for a sepcial occasion...and if it does come out in feb...il eat 2 gloves, like to see anyone even dare to try and top that one

I'll eat pussy!

Guest banaszkiewicz

jeez...who started this rumour? haha

but once again...we can only pray

btw..if Axl came out and said that Febuary is the actual release date...is it worth pre-ordering or will it be on the shelf when i get there?

I like how on Amazon it already has 24 reviews ranging from 1-5 stars. Let the hype begin!

Hopefully this date will get some press coverage and we'll hear more about it from the band.

ORRRR...its a bs date to put us all off the scent and in fact its really November!

Hype has come and gone, and most people out there don't really give a crap.

Hype has come and gone, and most people out there don't really give a crap.

C'mon man, most people dont care? CD has a release date on Amazon for the 100th time and I cant cant count on one hand how many reports are out about this- not counting GN'R related sites.

A lot of people do care, but wont even think about it until the record company goes public.