Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

^ Except that's not what anyone is arguing at all.

Whatever. I know this is likely just wishful thinking on my part. But until I see proof that this is fake there will be a part of me that still hopes it's real. And nobody's provided that yet, just a lot of reasoning, which I appreciate, but it does not equal proof.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam Goody is the new drummer. He knows. So STFU.

Im on the phone with Sam Goody now

Oh God. :rofl-lol:

bba

Dude. Fuck off.

Madison, can we ban this guy? Please?

What, is my smiley too much reality for you ? :rolleyes:

bba

Edited by bringbackadler

Sam Goody is the new drummer. He knows. So STFU.

Im on the phone with Sam Goody now

Oh God. :rofl-lol:

bba

Dude. Fuck off.

Madison, can we ban this guy? Please?

What is my smiley too much reality for you ? :rolleyes:

bba

Yes - of course. The smiley.

You have NEVER contributed anything useful to this forum.

Go jerk off to more pictures of Adler, please.

Yes - of course. The smiley.

You have NEVER contributed anything useful to this forum.

Sounds like someone is directing his anger of Chinese D not coming out this year on the wrong guy. :lol:

bba

Edited by bringbackadler

I think that Adler is cool and I think that everyone on this forum can say whatever they think about stuff, but yeah, I think its pretty scary with a guy who worships another guy like that.

Edited by gokken

Sounds like someone is directing his anger of Chinese D not coming out this year on the wrong guy. :lol:

Yeah, that's right. It's not 'cause you're a dickhead - he's just directing his anger that the album hasn't been released at you.

Edit: Sorry, Montrealer, I was typing when you posted.

Edited by Mike Oxlong

Yeah, that's right. It's not 'cause you're a dickhead - he's just directing his anger that the album hasn't been released at you.

What my post was not clear enough?

Stick to topic please.

Edit.. just saw your edit ;)

Edited by Montrealer

The only thing the manager said they had was coming out Oct 30. but it aint Chinese Democracy :( It the DVDs under review Use Your Illusions so looks like this is fake....GOD DAMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well let those 2 have it out the bigger issue is we have been dooped again!

(The following is not meant to be offensive in any way.)

I always thought that that picture of Adler was actually one of the hobbits holding a dagger or something. I always thought the Izzy quote was a bit strange in that context.

(I like Adler btw. More than Sorum. I kinda agree with Izzy's comment. Well put. I never understood how a rock band can ever kick someone for using too much drugs (This was the reason right?) anyways. Same happened with Metallica and Mustaine.)

Sigh.

Calling your local SG is not going to prove anything if they haven't been given the letter yet. You can call their head office, but then again depending on who you get they may or may not know (for example, the receptionist probably won't know or won't care). And if you go higher up, you may get someone who knows but isn't going to say because upper management takes stuff more seriously than some poor schmuck earning $10/hr working on the floor of a local store.

If by early October we haven't gotten some indication that this is real, then I'll say it's fake. Until then I will believe there is a slight chance it's real. Okay? Slight chance. Meaning it's probably fake but there's a tiny chance it might be real. Hope that satisfies everyone.

BTW, I'm not going to pursue this by calling SG head office and hounding anyone I can get on the line, because frankly, I don't care enough to go to those lengths and it may not proove anything anyway. If there is proof coming it'll come in the next few weeks.

Edited by KBear

BTW, I'm not going to pursue this by calling SG head office and hounding anyone I can get on the line, because frankly, I don't care enough to go to those lengths and it may not proove anything anyway. If there is proof coming it'll come in the next few weeks.

This isn't an attempt at an argument Kbear (I know that you're actually capable of thinking like an adult), but if this was honestly going to happen this year, something would have leaked. Songs, coverart, something...

There's no logical explanation why they would keep this thing under wraps until the very last second just so Axl could yell out "SURPRISE, it's coming out !!" People are saying it's not on Universal's list, S N G is saying they know nothing about it.... then it's not coming.

If it was coming, they WOULD be promoting it. Period.

There would be no question about it.

bba

(The following is not meant to be offensive in any way.)

I always thought that that picture of Adler was actually one of the hobbits holding a dagger or something. I always thought the Izzy quote was a bit strange in that context.

(I like Adler btw. More than Sorum. I kinda agree with Izzy's comment. Well put. I never understood how a rock band can ever kick someone for using too much drugs (This was the reason right?) anyways. Same happened with Metallica and Mustaine.)

The following is meant to be offensive in every way. Clean the shit out of your eyes.

This isn't an attempt at an argument Kbear (I know that you're actually capable of thinking like an adult), but if this was honestly going to happen this year, something would have leaked. Songs, coverart, something...

There's no logical explanation why they would keep this thing under wraps until the very last second just so Axl could yell out "SURPRISE, it's coming out !!" People are saying it's not on Universal's list, S N G is saying they know nothing about it.... then it's not coming.

bba

I think it's possible that they can prevent leaks until they actually start burning copies of the album and running the print presses for the cover art. That is the stage that it begins to become accessible, the stage that Geffen has to pass up some control. So if that hasn't happened then I'm not really surprised we have no recent leaks.

I don't think the letter suggests they are keeping this album a secret. On the contrary, it would suggest they are starting to communicate a marketing plan to retailers. I agree with you guys in that, if the letter is real, we will hear a lot of stuff in the very near future. It would mean Geffen is going to communicate with all retailers (not just SG), floor staff will learn of this, and other marketing plans will have to start. Lots of people will hear about the album, and therefore, so will we. For a late November release though, I don't think that stuff would need to start until very early October...but it really can't start any later than that either. Therefore, I still think there is still approximately two weeks til we'd really start to hear stuff, which would leave 6-8 weeks of marketing prior to the album dropping.

Look, I guess I'm just playing devil's advocate...I know this will probably end in disappointment like the dozens of other fake shit we've heard over the years. It's just that the letter strikes me as pretty logical at this stage of the game.

And it's a lot more interesting than, "I stopped by my local HMV and in the GN'R section it says Chinese Democracy, November 2007!!!!"

bba

I think it's possible that they can prevent leaks until they actually start burning copies of the album and running the print presses for the cover art. That is the stage that it begins to become accessible, the stage that Geffen has to pass up some control. So if that hasn't happened then I'm not really surprised we have no recent leaks.

I don't think the letter suggests they are keeping this album a secret. On the contrary, it would suggest they are starting to communicate a marketing plan to retailers. I agree with you guys in that, if the letter is real, we will hear a lot of stuff in the very near future. It would mean Geffen is going to communicate with all retailers (not just SG), floor staff will learn of this, and other marketing plans will have to start. Lots of people will hear about the album, and therefore, so will we. For a late November release though, I don't think that stuff would need to start until very early October...but it really can't start any later than that either. Therefore, I still think there is still approximately two weeks til we'd really start to hear stuff, which would leave 6-8 weeks of marketing prior to the album dropping.

Look, I guess I'm just playing devil's advocate...I know this will probably end in disappointment like the dozens of other fake shit we've heard over the years. It's just that the letter strikes me as pretty logical at this stage of the game.

And it's a lot more interesting than, "I stopped by my local HMV and in the GN'R section it says Chinese Democracy, November 2007!!!!"

The 'SG' letter implies a release is imminent. If this were true, the band members, record label and everyone involved would be singing it from the rooftops. It would also be on the order lists for every major music retailer.

I know that as you say, you're playing devil's advocate, and I'm not down on new GNR at all...I love the band, and wish they'd get their shit together and put this album out but it really, really is not going to happen. We haven't heard shit from the GNR camp in months. A release in a month or two would require all the promotion they can get.

Anyone who believes otherwise is just setting themselves up for another disappointment.

If anyone wants to check, and doesn't want to phone Sam Goody, why don't they e-mail Bumblefoot a copy of the 'letter' photo, and just politely ask him if the things it says are true?

Just an FYI:

Sam Goody is owned by Trans World Entertainment.

TWE owns:

f.y.e, coconuts, wherehouse music, strawberries, spec's music, planet music, saturday matinee, sam goody, and suncoast.

they are a major retail chain.

make of it what you will.

And this means what???? I am so tired of the over enthusiasts believe every piece of fodder is a possible release. How many times do you people need to be proven wrong? Stop being so smug about something that will probably not happen. Do you not care about sounding ignorant all the time? Please do not come storming on the board flashing some stupid rumor with little merit. What are you people going to say come New Years Day 2008 and still no album? When this thing is ready to come out, it will be like an explosion of information. We will know some time in advance when this thing is done and ready to be thrown at the masses. (my comments are not directed at you bonhamfan1, only the first question)

Edited by smokingarthur