Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

I want this to be real, I really really do, but let's be realistic here... it's probably not. I mean, how many of these have we seen before? At least 2 or 3 off the top of my head. And do stores even really get those types of letters? Why haven't any of the bigger chain stores, such as Best Buy for example, gotten anything like that?

Again, I'll be thrilled if it's real, but I'm leaning towards fake.

I cant believe how much people go through just to make a hoax happen. I dunno if it is true, but it probobly is a haox, and if it is, damn some peeps have time on their hands and a mean spirit to accompany it.

Edited by Gunzen

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether this is fake or not I don't know, but this isn't a bad sign. If the album is near then this is the type of thing we will see/hear. Little tidbits of info making it's way to the fans because something this big isn't going to be kept bottled.

As for why other companies aren't getting it, well, who's to say they aren't?

If this is real then it means Geffen are starting to put the wheels in motion and we will hear more soon. The letter looks like it could be legit. Spelling/grammatical errors would not be a big deal. It's written for store management, not for the media/public. They won't get all stressed in order to make it look all beautiful and perfect. "Chinese Democracy I" is obviously a tip off that there will be more than one album. Local and national marketing campaigns planned - would be nice.

Guess we'll just have to sit tight and see where this leads. I am hopeful.

Edited by KBear

I'll bet anything that the guy who came up with this "flyer" is probably getting himself a good healthy laugh tonight.

He's probably thinking to himself... "this is just too easy".

bba

Maybe, but like I said, one day these rumors will start to become real. Unless the album never comes out, which is a distinct possibility.

It's just easy to dismiss everything that comes up simply because of the history. But is there anything with this latest item that proves it's fake?

Maybe, but like I said, one day these rumors will start to become real. Unless the album never comes out, which is a distinct possibility.

It's just easy to dismiss everything that comes up simply because of the history. But is there anything with this latest item that proves it's fake?

Here's one : If it was honestly handed over to the label, it would have leaked. Period.

This thing isn't no CIA operation.

C'mon man, not you too.

bba

Here's one : If it was honestly handed over to the label, it would have leaked. Period.

C'mon man, not you too.

bba

Has the new Metallica Album leaked?

C'mon man, not you too.

bba

Has it been turned over to the label ?

If so, source ??

bba

C'mon man, not you too.

bba

Don't even try Bba, he'll just start calling you young and avoiding the facts presented in the argument because of his ''seniority'' more like senility...

Metallica's album is still being recorded...

The point is, if you want it leeked, it will be leeked. It is usually the artists choice on how they handle their material. Do you hear any unfinished Metallica songs leaked? No, because they are not going to let it happen. They are not going let their PR person's daughters best friend alone in a room with direct access to material on a cd!

C'mon man, not you too.

bba

I have to admit that I often let the conspiracy theories get the best of me, so you could be right. I know we usually end up disappointed and that it could easily happen here.

That said, I'm sure Geffen/Universal would take this album seriously. It's easily one of the biggest rock albums of this era, and could earn them a lot of money if it's release is executed properly. Re-reading the letter does not make me think of a CIA operation - actually, the demands of the record company seem pretty logical.

I don't believe they would be able to keep it from leaking prior to release. Most albums leak a couple weeks prior if I'm not mistaken. Meaning this one would leak in mid October at the earliest. Why would it leak when it's handed over to the record company? At that point it's only in the hands of a few higher ups. Those guys do not want a leak...it's the lower tier workers who are the risk.

Edited by KBear

Don't even try Bba, he'll just start calling you young and avoiding the facts presented in the argument because of his ''seniority'' more like senility...

What facts ?

Just because I see no reason to play make believe with 16 yr old kids ??

So, go ahead and present these "facts", O' wise one ??

If you don't have any, how bout going back to Don't Damn Me and starting another retarded poll, douche.

bba

What facts ?

If you don't have any, how bout going back to Don't Damn Me and starting another retarded poll, douche.

bba

I wasn't referring to this thread, simply your tendancy to attack anyone that is younger than you because of their age. I was actually making referrence to a previous argument between you and I, and warning Billy B of what a hostile dick you are.

Edited by Mr. Miser

What facts ?

bba

I wasn't referring to this thread, simply your tendancy to attack anyone that is younger than you because of their age. I was actually making referrence to a previous argument between you and I, and warning Billy B of what a hostile dick you are.

I know of him and have been watching him for some time now and when it comes to being a dick he is no where close to king dick.

Edited by Billy B

No, not anyone.

Just you and a couple of your girlfriends who like to pretend like you have a clue when it's obvious that you don't.

But, if you feel as though this is too hostile for you, go ahead and give a Fallout boy forum a try ...

Might be a little more of your speed. :kiss:

bba

C'mon man, not you too.

bba

I have to admit that I often let the conspiracy theories get the best of me, so you could be right. I know we usually end up disappointed and that it could easily happen here.

That said, I'm sure Geffen/Universal would take this album seriously. It's easily one of the biggest rock albums of this era, and could earn them a lot of money if it's release is executed properly. Re-reading the letter does not make me think of a CIA operation - actually, the demands of the record company seem pretty logical.

I don't believe they would be able to keep it from leaking prior to release. Most albums leak a couple weeks prior if I'm not mistaken. Meaning this one would leak in mid October at the earliest. Why would it leak when it's handed over to the record company? At that point it's only in the hands of a few higher ups. Those guys do not want a leak...it's the lower tier workers who are the risk.

I know of at least one album in the last year that wasn't leaked...Sam's Town. A person I know got a preview at the record label via a computer. However, it's the only one that I know of that wasn't leaked. Can anyone name anymore.

No, not anyone.

Just you and a couple of your girlfriends who like to pretend like you have a clue when it's obvious that you don't.

But, if you feel as though this is too hostile for you, go ahead and give a Fallout boy forum a try ...

Might be a little more of your speed. :kiss:

bba

Me and my girlfriends? You mean like me and your mom? Ok, gotcha :heart:

Have a clue as to what? None of us on this forum really have any real knowledge of what's goin on behind the scenes, only what we've garnered from articles, rumors and Axl's behavior, past and present and from which we make our own theories.

Fall Out Boy sucks.