Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, didn't someone post that Tarja saw Frank at a studio? Maybe they are rerecording again.

Yes..

But, that was a small blurb..Simply saying she saw a "Guns N' Roses Drummer."

I don't remember her mentioning speaking to Axl..

Or, even more..Her saying Axl said the album will be out in '08..

They could be recording..

I mean, there is no other good reason to be in a studio..

But, I don't think this is where Axl would have said this..

This quote originated from the ass of some employee of The Daily Star..

That much I can promise you.. :lol:

Damn, Axl....

Those "certain minor and by that I do mean minor things and or additions as well as contract negotiations" must be turning out to be a real bitch ! :rolleyes:

"That being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee...."

Now before you guys get mad at Axl, remember....

He never said that what he was handing us last December wasn't a complete and total crock of shit.

bba

Does anybody else remember the rumor that Axl told Brain last year that Chinese Democracy wouldn't be out till 2008, and that's why Brain decided to sit out most of Axl's bullshit tours.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showto...p;#entry1851995

As far as I know this was the rumour. If we can somehow find that BH interview then perhaps it will have a bit of credibility.

But why would Axl be adamant about 2008? It's just really strange. Usually you don't know exactly when an album is coming out. You work on it and see how it goes and when it's ready you release it. But somehow Axl knows in 2006 that the album will be handed over in 2008? If that's the case then there must be something special about that year. I'd love to hear theories. Unfortunately, I doubt any of this is accurate. Though it appears, as I re-read that thread, that others have vouched for the fact that the interview did happen.

Okay then. Let's play along. Does anyone have one fucking clue about what could be the significance of a 2008 release? Why would Axl plan to do that at least one and a half years before?

Edited by KBear

Does anybody else remember the rumor that Axl told Brain last year that Chinese Democracy wouldn't be out till 2008, and that's why Brain decided to sit out most of Axl's bullshit tours.

As far as I know this was the rumour. If we can somehow find that BH interview then perhaps it will have a bit of credibility.

But why would Axl be adamant about 2008? It's just really strange. Usually you don't know exactly when an album is coming out. You work on it and see how it goes and when it's ready you release it. But somehow Axl knows in 2006 that the album will be handed over in 2008? If that's the case then there must be something special about that year. I'd love to hear theories. Unfortunately, I doubt any of this is accurate. Though it appears, as I re-read that thread, that others have vouched for the fact that the interview did happen.

Okay then. Let's play along. Does anyone have one fucking clue about what could be the significance of a 2008 release? Why would Axl plan to do that at least one and a half years before?

It's an even-numbered year?

It's an even-numbered year?

Celebrating the 20th anniversary of Lies? :tongue2:

Wasn´t it supposed that the album was handed to the record company in July?.

I think we will hear about it once it's handed in. People like to talk, and something that big will not stay under wraps for long.

But why would Axl be adamant about 2008? It's just really strange.

Does anyone have one fucking clue about what could be the significance of a 2008 release?

Oh please ... :rolleyes:

There absolutely nothing significant about 2008 besides the fact that it's the next best sounding thing to saying it's coming out in 2007.

Do you really think Axl is going to say "Hey guys, the album is now coming out in 2009, 2010, or NEVER" for that matter ??

That would make him lose what very little, and I do mean very little, credibility that he has after his "It is this year" 2006 bullshit.

Now, I'm not psychic, so I can't tell you the exact words he'll use for his next statement regarding the album, but I'll bet you anything it goes something like this :

"You know I wanted it to come out but, ... blah..blah...blah.. [insert a lie] "

"If it wasn't for ... blah...blah... blah... [insert any lie that points away from the direction of it being his own fault] "

"But believe me guys, it's my intention to get it out there .... blah....blahh. blahhh [some additional bs, just for good measure]

Now, I'm sure someone is going to fire back at me insisting that I am just a "hater" or a "cupcake" and that is why I feel this way. But, I assure you that is not the case. Instead of just being reactive, stop and think about it for a second..... and I am sure you will likely reach the same conclusion (or at least should be able to).

bba

Does anyone have one fucking clue about what could be the significance of a 2008 release?

There absolutely nothing significant about 2008 besides the fact that it's the next best sounding thing to saying it's coming out in 2007.

Dude, like I said, I'm just playing along. I'm as cynical about this album as anyone, check my post history.

That being said, if BH did say 2008 was the intention (I still haven't seen the actual interview) that does merit some discussion, don't you think? It sure appears that 2007 is out, so 2008 will become the focus. That's how it works in the GN'R universe.

It certainly merits more discussion than your boy Adler stepping in and somehow helping Axl release the album.

Guys let's not forget Axl mentioned the album still exists on the songs with Bach announcement:

"[songs with Bach had] different approaches and styles from each other and from material I have on the upcoming Guns N’ Roses record."

LOL

Edited by mfragola

Dude, like I said, I'm just playing along. I'm as cynical about this album as anyone, check my post history.

That being said, if BH did say 2008 was the intention (I still haven't seen the actual interview) that does merit some discussion, don't you think? It sure appears that 2007 is out, so 2008 will become the focus. That's how it works in the GN'R universe.

It certainly merits more discussion than your boy Adler stepping in and somehow helping Axl release the album.

Tell you what...

Since I'm in a good mood today, I'll ignore the last dickhead comment in your post and tell you that the interview you are looking for is at htgth.

Go to Ex- gunners and start digging through the Bucket threads. Can't remember which one and don't care enough to go and look, but I remember reading it there earlier in the year before J-man gave me the boot.

Just as a heads up, if you're putting stock in it, Bucket also said in that interview that, "Axl will not release the album until he finds the right guitar player."

Just don't want all you Finck and BBF die hards getting too upset.

bba

Edited by bringbackadler