Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But why would Axl be adamant about 2008? It's just really strange.

Does anyone have one fucking clue about what could be the significance of a 2008 release?

Oh please ... :rolleyes:

There absolutely nothing significant about 2008 besides the fact that it's the next best sounding thing to saying it's coming out in 2007.

Dude, like I said, I'm just playing along. I'm as cynical about this album as anyone, check my post history.

That being said, if BH did say 2008 was the intention (I still haven't seen the actual interview) that does merit some discussion, don't you think? It sure appears that 2007 is out, so 2008 will become the focus. That's how it works in the GN'R universe.

It certainly merits more discussion than your boy Adler stepping in and somehow helping Axl release the album.

Tell you what...

Since I'm in a good mood today, I'll ignore the last dickhead comment in your post and tell you that the interview you are looking for is at htgth.

:lol: Yeah sorry, it was a little dickhead. But I was just responding to your post which was a little condescending in itself. Thanks for the tip. I should be able to find it with a search.

Just as a heads up, if you're putting stock in it, Bucket also said in that interview that, "Axl will not release the album until he finds the right guitar player."

Yeah, the right guitar player. Not the right drummer. I've read posts where you bring up this quote, and you seem to think it includes Adler. I think what BH was likely referring to (without having read the interview) is the fact that Axl needed to replace him, and that he needed to find a guitarist that could play his parts. Slash is not that guy. And Adler certainly isn't, unless he can shred.

And I wouldn't say I'm putting stock in it. Just that, BH was on the inside for a time, and so anything he says is worthy of consideration. That's even more so now that the album actually has been delayed and we are approaching the year he specified. It just gives his comments a little more validity. Maybe there's something there.

I've taken a few shots at you lately (really about Adler re-joining the band, which I think has about a snowball's chance in hell), but overall our mindset regarding what really constitutes GN'R isn't all that different. I'm hardly a BBF or Finck diehard (though I like the parts Finck has written). Slash is, for me, the obvious choice, but I think it's just not realistic for the project Axl is working on. Any snide remarks of mine directed your way have to do with Adler, not Slash, and they are only snide because I think the thought of Axl needing or wanting him back is crazy. No offense.

But why would Axl be adamant about 2008? It's just really strange. Usually you don't know exactly when an album is coming out. You work on it and see how it goes and when it's ready you release it. But somehow Axl knows in 2006 that the album will be handed over in 2008? If that's the case then there must be something special about that year. I'd love to hear theories. Unfortunately, I doubt any of this is accurate. Though it appears, as I re-read that thread, that others have vouched for the fact that the interview did happen.

Okay then. Let's play along. Does anyone have one fucking clue about what could be the significance of a 2008 release? Why would Axl plan to do that at least one and a half years before?

Yes, i have an idea indeed. The upcoming 2008 olympics in china!! I saw a special about it on german television and the chinese communist party (as of course) are using the olympics as a big propaganda machine (not unlike the nazis did in 1938). They (the chinese communist party) want to make it look like their country (including the opressive, human rights denying government) is something kina like a chinese democracy.

For the people of china the olympics do not mean a change for the good. Lots of people got kicked out of their homes (nice traditional chinese houses) , the places where torn down by bulldozers and the people where replaced in "communist style" flat-like appartments.

I also think this is what Axl meant by saying "the timing couldn´t be better". He gives us a teaser through Baz Album, and then in 2008 we got the olympics in china. This will shed light again on the opressive government and the fucked up human rights situation there. The whole chinese issue will be back on the map.

What do you guys think!? I´m really serious on this one!! rock3

That's actually pretty interesting. The world knew about this event early enough that Axl could indeed have had the forsight a few years in advance to plan for a release in 2008. It's a huge worldwide event. That means exposure.

I don't know. It's pretty far-fetched. But it actually makes some sense business-wise, and would definitely answer the question as to why Axl identified that year as the year, and knew it long beforehand.

It's also kind of risky. I mean, how do you use such a big event to draw attention to your album? Axl would almost need to make a huge political statement to actually get attention that ties the Olympics and China to his album. Because otherwise people would not even link the two in anything more than in an ironic coincidence sort of way. And if Axl does intend to make the kind of big statement he'd have to make, god knows he'll be criticized by a lot of people.

Can someone please explain to me exactly why China would endorse and use an album advocating Democracy? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the government is Communist (theoretically). Why would a government back an album that endorses it's overthrow... especially a Communist one?

its been a while since ive posted here...but i now work at a HMV near London.

our computer system is always pretty good and usually gets it right when albums come out.

the date for chinese democracy was 17.09.07...so monday but it has now changed to some time in february, will find out the exact date tomorrow.

it may be wrong but i just thought i would share this info with everyone..

But why would Axl be adamant about 2008? It's just really strange.

Does anyone have one fucking clue about what could be the significance of a 2008 release?

Oh please ... :rolleyes:

There absolutely nothing significant about 2008 besides the fact that it's the next best sounding thing to saying it's coming out in 2007.

Dude, like I said, I'm just playing along. I'm as cynical about this album as anyone, check my post history.

That being said, if BH did say 2008 was the intention (I still haven't seen the actual interview) that does merit some discussion, don't you think? It sure appears that 2007 is out, so 2008 will become the focus. That's how it works in the GN'R universe.

It certainly merits more discussion than your boy Adler stepping in and somehow helping Axl release the album.

Tell you what...

Since I'm in a good mood today, I'll ignore the last dickhead comment in your post and tell you that the interview you are looking for is at htgth.

:lol: Yeah sorry, it was a little dickhead. But I was just responding to your post which was a little condescending in itself. Thanks for the tip. I should be able to find it with a search.

Just as a heads up, if you're putting stock in it, Bucket also said in that interview that, "Axl will not release the album until he finds the right guitar player."

Yeah, the right guitar player. Not the right drummer. I've read posts where you bring up this quote, and you seem to think it includes Adler. I think what BH was likely referring to (without having read the interview) is the fact that Axl needed to replace him, and that he needed to find a guitarist that could play his parts. Slash is not that guy. And Adler certainly isn't, unless he can shred.

And I wouldn't say I'm putting stock in it. Just that, BH was on the inside for a time, and so anything he says is worthy of consideration. That's even more so now that the album actually has been delayed and we are approaching the year he specified. It just gives his comments a little more validity. Maybe there's something there.

I've taken a few shots at you lately (really about Adler re-joining the band, which I think has about a snowball's chance in hell), but overall our mindset regarding what really constitutes GN'R isn't all that different. I'm hardly a BBF or Finck diehard (though I like the parts Finck has written). Slash is, for me, the obvious choice, but I think it's just not realistic for the project Axl is working on. Any snide remarks of mine directed your way have to do with Adler, not Slash, and they are only snide because I think the thought of Axl needing or wanting him back is crazy. No offense.

But why would Axl be adamant about 2008? It's just really strange. Usually you don't know exactly when an album is coming out. You work on it and see how it goes and when it's ready you release it. But somehow Axl knows in 2006 that the album will be handed over in 2008? If that's the case then there must be something special about that year. I'd love to hear theories. Unfortunately, I doubt any of this is accurate. Though it appears, as I re-read that thread, that others have vouched for the fact that the interview did happen.

Okay then. Let's play along. Does anyone have one fucking clue about what could be the significance of a 2008 release? Why would Axl plan to do that at least one and a half years before?

Yes, i have an idea indeed. The upcoming 2008 olympics in china!! I saw a special about it on german television and the chinese communist party (as of course) are using the olympics as a big propaganda machine (not unlike the nazis did in 1938). They (the chinese communist party) want to make it look like their country (including the opressive, human rights denying government) is something kina like a chinese democracy.

For the people of china the olympics do not mean a change for the good. Lots of people got kicked out of their homes (nice traditional chinese houses) , the places where torn down by bulldozers and the people where replaced in "communist style" flat-like appartments.

I also think this is what Axl meant by saying "the timing couldn´t be better". He gives us a teaser through Baz Album, and then in 2008 we got the olympics in china. This will shed light again on the opressive government and the fucked up human rights situation there. The whole chinese issue will be back on the map.

What do you guys think!? I´m really serious on this one!! rock3

That's actually pretty interesting. The world knew about this event early enough that Axl could indeed have had the forsight a few years in advance to plan for a release in 2008. It's a huge worldwide event. That means exposure.

I don't know. It's pretty far-fetched. But it actually makes some sense business-wise, and would definitely answer the question as to why Axl identified that year as the year, and knew it long beforehand.

It's also kind of risky. I mean, how do you use such a big event to draw attention to your album? Axl would almost need to make a huge political statement to actually get attention that ties the Olympics and China to his album. Because otherwise people would not even link the two in anything more than in an ironic coincidence sort of way. And if Axl does intend to make the kind of big statement he'd have to make, god knows he'll be criticized by a lot of people.

Can someone please explain to me exactly why China would endorse and use an album advocating Democracy? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the government is Communist (theoretically). Why would a government back an album that endorses it's overthrow... especially a Communist one?

Was there really any need to quote all that?

This thread sums up the problem with GNR fans, you have one crowd demanding the release and the other crowd who are willing to wait.

Yet no one will take any action, this is your perfect chance to either a) get the album release or B) add another chapter to the whole ridculous story of Chinese Democracy Album.

So here is my advice, order it, tell your friends to order it, tell other forum members to order it and their friends to order it, also other GNR based forum memeber can order it and likewise with their friends, also remember the release date is 12th of February just in time for Valentines Day so buy your bird a copy, with all that in mind we should be able to get 50,000 minmum to sign up, that would 1) send a clear message to Axl and the record company that there is a demand for his record.

LOOK if you want something then sitting on your arse achieved nothing, unless your life's ambition is to sponge off the government.

I have just order 15 copies, 1 for me, 1 for my wife (Valentines Day 2008 is now made easy .... thank you Mister Rose) 1 for my son, 1 for my mum, 1 for my dad and 5 for my close friends and 5 for my work colleagues, that's my contribution to a Chinese Democracy ....... COME FELLOW GUNNERS WHO IS WITH ME ???

Edited by King_of_Beers