Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called this guy who knows this one dude whom he cant really out due to confidentiality but neways, the word out on the wire says that they are eyeing christmas sales! woot!

Soon is the word, chinese democracy starts now. on november. on cassette.

Yes, I also heard the cassette-rumour. A friend of mine have a friend who works in a pizza store which Axl once went to when they were recording in NY. The pizza store owner told my friends friend that they will release CD as cassette in November.

I called this guy who knows this one dude whom he cant really out due to confidentiality but neways, the word out on the wire says that they are eyeing christmas sales! woot!

Yes, I also heard the cassette-rumour. A friend of mine have a friend who works in a pizza store which Axl once went to when they were recording in NY. The pizza store owner told my friends friend that they will release CD as cassette in November.

we all know thats NOT happening. not to be pess. but i really find it hard too believe.

:xmassrudolph:

wtf is a cassette?

:xmassrudolph:

For fuck's fucking sake.

Okay, lets go over this slowly, one last time, because some people just don't seem able to get it.

Here we go:

Albums are sold, yes?

Sold where?

Sold in record stores and online.

How do they get in stores?

Well, I'll tell you, kids. Record stores receive order lists from their suppliers (i.e. record labels and distributors) detailing their available products. They then choose how many copies to advance order.

You mean CDs don't just magically appear in my local record store?

No. And Chinese Democracy is not on Universal's list of upcoming releases.

But they could surprise everyone and bring it out suddenly!

Unless they're going to hire ninjas to sneak into stores at night and deliver stock that nobody ordered, no, they couldn't.

The album is not coming out in 2007. It sucks. Get used to it.

For fuck's fucking sake.

Okay, lets go over this slowly, one last time, because some people just don't seem able to get it.

Here we go:

Albums are sold, yes?

Sold where?

Well, I'll tell you, kids. Record stores receive order lists from their suppliers (i.e. record labels and distributors) detailing their available products. They then choose how many copies to advance order.

Unless they're going to hire ninjas to sneak into stores at night and deliver stock that nobody ordered, no, they couldn't.

Glad you published the Commandments of Album Releases. I would have never known that there is a standard operating procedure that is NEVER deveiated from!

For fuck's fucking sake.

Here we go:

Albums are sold, yes?

Sold where?

Glad you published the Commandments of Album Releases. I would have never known that there is a standard operating procedure that is NEVER deveiated from!

he is right though. These kinda things have a tendency to get leaked out etc. I dont see it either. Would love to think it, but hey, he is probobly right. There is a protocol, and in this day and age of technology, some guy with a cell phone camera wouyld at least leak the cd art or something. We will know months beofre it is available, if ever.

Exactly. I don't mean to patronize anyone, but the fact that some people think that this (supposedly) 16 million dollar album is just going to 'sneak out', and continue to entertain some notion that it will all be some undercover operation blows my mind.

We'll all know when its coming out. There won't be any doubt. I have a feeling the record company may not want to keep it a secret.

Exactly. I don't mean to patronize anyone, but the fact that some people think that this (supposedly) 16 million dollar album is just going to 'sneak out', and continue to entertain some notion that it will all be some undercover operation blows my mind.

We'll all know when its coming out. There won't be any doubt. I have a feeling the record company may not want to keep it a secret.

Yes, but if we suspend disbelief for one second and pretend the letter is real, it doesn't fly in the face of what you are saying. You are saying there is protocol, that wheels must be put in motion, that it won't just appear one day out of the blue. Well yeah, exactly, the letter is evidence of that. Stores are being readied for the album. Management is receiving word that it will be stocked.

As to why a leak hasn't happened (Gunzen) it may be that the album is stilll in the hands of a select few executives at Geffen/Universal. When does burning of the disc and packaging occur? For a late November release they'd probably start that sometime in October. That's when others get their hands on the goods. That's when it would leak unless they have really tight security. Which I don't think is that far-fetched. In this day and age it's only logical to try to prevent leaks right up until an album is on store shelves, and even longer with copyright protection until that protection is inevitably cracked. But if they can get a week or two out of that, it was probably worth it.

It's really not that crazy...no one is arguing that the album will just magically appear one Tuesday. A letter such as this one actually suggests the opposite.

To me none of this is crazy...the crazy part is assuming Axl is actually ready to release it.

Edited by KBear

Yes, but if we suspend disbelief for one second and pretend the letter is real, it doesn't fly in the face of what you are saying. You are saying there is protocol, that wheels must be put in motion, that it won't just appear one day out of the blue. Well yeah, exactly, the letter is evidence of that. Stores are being readied for the album. Management is receiving word that it will be stocked.

As to why a leak hasn't happened (Gunzen) it may be that the album is stilll in the hands of a select few executives at Geffen/Universal. When does burning of the disc and packaging occur? For a late November release they'd probably start that sometime in October. That's when others get their hands on the goods. That's when it would leak unless they have really tight security. Which I don't think is that far-fetched. In this day and age it's only logical to try to prevent leaks right up until an album is on store shelves, and even longer with copyright protection until that protection is inevitably cracked. But if they can get a week or two out of that, it was probably worth it.

It's really not that crazy...no one is arguing that the album will just magically appear one Tuesday. A letter such as this one actually suggests the opposite.

To me none of this is crazy...the crazy part is assuming Axl is actually ready to release it.

I dont even think it is close. I just thik there are too many people who could leak it. But I would love to believe it. Kbear, I would love to be wrong about this as well, I actually belived the March 20th thing, and I was dead wrong, so here to hoping I continue to be wrong! rock3

For fuck's fucking sake.

Here we go:

Albums are sold, yes?

Sold where?

rock3

bba

We can all give up on 2007 if we don't hear anything by next Friday. I'm willing to be an idiot and suspend my disbelief till then, but after that we all just need to accept that 2007 was just another wasted year for Mr Rose and friends. I really am hoping that Mr Rose or some kind leaker will prove me wrong though.

Edited by Randy Lahey

I'm predicting we get one more leak before the end of the year...but no album. Perhaps in december Axl will adress at the final hour why this year diddnt work for us and how next year will finally be the fruits of labor...just like last year. It's foolish to think that it won't take as long post production and it has for the whole production of this thing, every step of it has taken forever.

Re: why the album hasn't leaked yet.

Albums don't usually leak until press copies are sent out. If a label wants to keep a record from leaking, usually they will send out the promo copies as late as possible. This doesn't always work, but it explains why most albums leak about a month - 2 weeks before and album comes out. The fact that it hasn't leaked doesn't mean it hasn't been turned in.

For fuck's fucking sake.

Here we go:

Albums are sold, yes?

Sold where?

i agree that the record is not coming out this year, but they can release it whenever the fuck they want so long as they give retail more than a week's notice. it would be completely stupid for the label to do that, and they wouldn't, but they still could. if we haven't heard anything by the end of this week, you can kiss '07 goodbye. save for rolling out/promoting the last few releases before christmas, the music industry tends to go to sleep from right after thanksgiving to around early spring.....

ALSO, the age of "the leak" has now gone beyond the actual music and into information. rollingstone.com knew about the press conferences for both the van halen tour and the zeppelin show before there was an official announcement from labels/management. if there was in fact to be an announcement about the release of this record, someone would be tipped off in the press, and you'd hear about it before it even happened.

just saying.

The process as described by Elnombre is true, however, just because it's not on the release schedule now doesn't mean it can't be added for a December release. I remember last year Gwen Stefaphie's album wasn't added to the release schedule until early October, with the cd hitting store shelves two weeks before Christmas. Doesn't mean it can't happen for Chinese Democracy this time around.

Cheers,

Andrew