Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

For fuck's fucking sake.

Okay, lets go over this slowly, one last time, because some people just don't seem able to get it.

Here we go:

Albums are sold, yes?

Sold where?

Sold in record stores and online.

How do they get in stores?

Well, I'll tell you, kids. Record stores receive order lists from their suppliers (i.e. record labels and distributors) detailing their available products. They then choose how many copies to advance order.

You mean CDs don't just magically appear in my local record store?

No. And Chinese Democracy is not on Universal's list of upcoming releases.

But they could surprise everyone and bring it out suddenly!

Unless they're going to hire ninjas to sneak into stores at night and deliver stock that nobody ordered, no, they couldn't.

The album is not coming out in 2007. It sucks. Get used to it.

LOL, Best post ever!!

Way too much unwarranted optimism here...... I was once like some of you until that fateful day March 6th/2007 came and went.

The day all us in the GNR world now refer to as............. three six. :confused:

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't refer to it as that...

Its okay, we all get a little defensive when three six is mentioned. I think I'm finally ready to share my three six story with everyone on here.

I still remember that day like it was yesterday. I had taken a day off work to be first in line at my local HMV. When the doors openned at 9am I ran as fast as I could to the new release section but the album was nowhere to be found.

None of the HMV workers had a clue to what I was talking about. "Axl said so!! It must be here!!" I exclaimed!!

Alas, I figured the workers were playing dumb and were hiding the CD's at the back of the store. Maybe it was to be released later that day.......surely Axl did not lie to me.

SO I snuck into the back of the store and tore that place apart. I checked CD afer CD. I tore up every 50 cent and Kanye West package there was in the back in hopes that CD would be there (possibly snuck in by ninjas)....cuz no one would think that it would be hidden there, the perfect way to prevent a leak. But no, to my dismay CD was nowhere to be found.

After seeing what I had done to the store they called the cops on me. I sat in my jail cell with only one comfort in mind......soon I shall be listening to CD. By the time I was bailed out it was nightfall. I scurried home and online to mygnr to find that the day had come and pass and not a single fan had a copy of CD in their hands. That was it, the day I lost hope.

That is my three six story...........do you remember where you were?

Edited by uzeurilluzion

Its okay, we all get a little defensive when three six is mentioned. I think I'm finally ready to share my three six story with everyone on here.

I still remember that day like it was yesterday. I had taken a day off work to be first in line at my local HMV. When the doors openned at 9am I ran as fast as I could to the new release section but the album was nowhere to be found.

None of the HMV workers had a clue to what I was talking about. "Axl said so!! It must be here!!" I exclaimed!!

Alas, I figured the workers were playing dumb and were hiding the CD's at the back of the store. Maybe it was to be released later that day.......surely Axl did not lie to me.

SO I snuck into the back of the store and tore that place apart. I checked CD afer CD. I tore up every 50 cent and Kanye West package there was in the back in hopes that CD would be there (possibly snuck in by ninjas)....cuz no one would think that it would be hidden there, the perfect way to prevent a leak. But no, to my dismay CD was nowhere to be found.

After seeing what I had done to the store they called the cops on me. I sat in my jail cell with only one comfort in mind......soon I shall be listening to CD. By the time I was bailed out it was nightfall. I scurried home and online to mygnr to find that the day had come and pass and not a single fan had a copy of CD in their hands. That was it, the day I lost hope.

Well it's actually 6/3, because dates SHOULD BE progressive in the length of the unit, Days<Months<Years.

LP

haaa haaa, funny boy <_<

haaa haaa, funny boy <_<

HA! :lol:

3/6...... :(:cry:

The process as described by Elnombre is true, however, just because it's not on the release schedule now doesn't mean it can't be added for a December release. I remember last year Gwen Stefaphie's album wasn't added to the release schedule until early October, with the cd hitting store shelves two weeks before Christmas. Doesn't mean it can't happen for Chinese Democracy this time around.

Cheers,

Andrew

Yeah, and surely this "release schedule" thing is not set in stone. If in August/September an album is excluded from the schedule but then the next few weeks it progresses faster than anticipated, they could add it on to the schedule after the fact. The record companies can release albums whenever they want - it's their property. And given the history of Axl's album, maybe they want to make certain it'll be out before they actually commit to it; thus it does not get put on any schedule until things are 100% firm.

I realize I am probably on the wrong side of this argument, I'm just trying to show that it's still possible given what we know so far.

WHOA! I really really want to believe that picture is real.Why are there typos (Failure "do" comply)? I would think Geffen/Universal would be more professional. Is Sam Goody even still in business? Not in my town.

The letter was not written by Geffen. I think it was written by Sam Goody upper management to be distributed to their own floor managers. You'll notice the letter states that notification and instructions have been received from Geffen - therefore, Geffen did not write it. Also, it's addressed to floor management with the SG name at the top, meaning it came from SG. Geffen wouldn't write to floor management, only SG upper management would do so.

This is assuming it's real, and yeah I know, most people think it's fake. That's swell.

Anyways, for what it's worth, SG is still in business: http://www.samgoody.com/

Edited by KBear

This is nonsense. Do you honestly think Geffen would have contacted Sam Goody in relation to CD? And no one else has not heard any info from actual investigative sources? What is wrong with you people? It is BS. If it were true, we would have found out by now. You think that Sam Goody managers who probably make less than $30,000 a year are keeping the biggest secret in the music industry? Dont you find it curious as to how convenient the picture is? Trust me, Sam Goody doesn't know shit.......

This is nonsense. Do you honestly think Geffen would have contacted Sam Goody in relation to CD? And no one else has not heard any info from actual investigative sources? What is wrong with you people? It is BS. If it were true, we would have found out by now. You think that Sam Goody managers who probably make less than $30,000 a year are keeping the biggest secret in the music industry? Dont you find it curious as to how convenient the picture is? Trust me, Sam Goody doesn't know shit.......

My friend whom I have mentioned before was a manager at the now defunct Rainbow Records and he told me that this was a common type letter they would get. Thing is, some guy, just added GNR over the previous bands name, whomever it was and just made a few peoples hearts race.

And by the way, I dont know how much money a music store mamgers makes, but it inst enough to take the abuse from some asshole who thinks he doesnt make enough money to know about a record coming out. Way to look like an asshole dude.

My friend whom I have mentioned before was a manager at the now defunct Rainbow Records and he told me that this was a common type letter they would get. Thing is, some guy, just added GNR over the previous bands name, whomever it was and just made a few peoples hearts race.

And by the way, I dont know how much money a music store mamgers makes, but it inst enough to take the abuse from some asshole who thinks he doesnt make enough money to know about a record coming out. Way to look like an asshole dude.

Coming from you, I am not even insulted. I will just laugh it off and assume you are really bored and unhappy right now. At any rate, it is inconceivable to anyone with any intellect to believe a record store manager would be given such coveted info. And I know you are far from being stupid. I agree with the possibility that the info was altered to include GNR. Record store managers are not held to secrecy nor would they oblige if they were. This type of confidentiality takes a special type of person. Come December, this will be nothing more than a really annoying memory.

First of all, we don't even know if SG mgmt has given this letter to store management. It may not have gotten to that stage yet. You're saying that if this is legit then word would get out. Well, isn't this word getting out?

Second, of course if SG gets notice from Geffen then so would other stores. Eventually they'd communicate with store management and we'd be hearing hundreds of comments about how CD is coming out this November. We haven't heard that, we'd have to hear it real soon for this to be legit, and in fact maybe we'd have had to hear it already which would prove that this is false.

I guess I don't just scream "FAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEE" at every new rumour just because, well, because I can. I try to think up ways that it might make sense, because a) I really want one of these to finally pan out, and B) I know that one day one of these will pan out while dozens hear are screaming bullshit.