Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

Axl must have set some sort of record with all the release dates that "Chinese Democracy" has had. I feel confident that Axl's record will stand the test of time. The only fucker crazy enough to break his record, "Whacko Jacko", is too old to do it at this point.

Edited by Randy Lahey

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, this pretty much shows that it's fake:

customers who bought this product also bought...

Linkin Park

Minutes To Midnight: Digipack

List Price £16.99 Your saving £8.00

CD £8.99

Free Delivery

Bon Jovi

Lost Highway

CD £8.99

Free Delivery

REAL GN'R fans dont like LP or Bon Jovi

That's putting people into a box. I don't like Linkin Park, but Bon Jovi is ok.

well, this pretty much shows that it's fake:

customers who bought this product also bought...

Linkin Park

Minutes To Midnight: Digipack

CD £8.99

Free Delivery

Bon Jovi

Lost Highway

CD £8.99

Free Delivery

REAL GN'R fans dont like LP or Bon Jovi

That's putting people into a box. I don't like Linkin Park, but Bon Jovi is ok.

Agreed. Peoples idea of what a 'real fan' is is always subjective anyway.

Hopefully when the guys get back to the states, Axl will issue a statement about the record. I mean, he hasnt got the tour to hide behind now. He's gonna have to let us know one way or the other

surely he's gotta...right?... :drevil:

<_<

rock2

Edited by Mrs Axl

• 2 weeks later...

Did a check of all the popular music stores and quite a few have chinese democracy listed now and ALL have the same date 17th Sept 07

HMV

Play.com

Amazon

Virgin

Tesco

As someone who often checks to see who has it listed this is the first time I've found it on so many places and all with the same potential release dates too, usually they all have different ones or none at all!

So is that a possibility or is it just another guess by the music stores? Clutching at straws but desperatly wishing this is the real deal!

Jo

This album will come out for no other reason than money. If Axl and company decided to shelve their efforts it's going to cost them millions. The money fronted to them by the record company has to be paid back somehow. As rich as Axl is, I doubt he'd want to eat $15 million or so based on what's been reportedly given to the band to write, record and produce Chinese Democracy.

This album will not be out September 17th. A single would have hit the airwaves a few weeks ago (mid-July) had this been the targeted date. While there exists no standard as to the amount of time between first single and album release, generally it's in the two-three month range. Velvet Revolver's first single for Libertad came out I believe at the beginning of May while the album was released July 5th (just off the top of my head).

At this point, the earliest Chinese Democracy is able to hit store shelves is early to mid October. If this album is to come out this year, November seems the most likely. Rumors have been floating around that the major promotional push will start in October.

Here's hoping anyway.

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by downzy

Not a chance in hell of it being September. We already know it would take at least a solid 6-8 weeks of promotion before the release. When it comes out, we'll know for sure it's coming out. Press ads would be being prepared, promos would be being pressed etc. Someone would pass the news on.

Not a chance in hell of it being September. We already know it would take at least a solid 6-8 weeks of promotion before the release. When it comes out, we'll know for sure it's coming out. Press ads would be being prepared, promos would be being pressed etc. Someone would pass the news on.

Maybe it doesn't need a huge promotional push. I mean, it is Chinese Democracy. Every fan of rock music knows what it is. I doubt we'll ever see it though. I'm not even going to care if it's not this year. It's enough time thinking about it.

And yes, Jessica Alba is a goddess.

Edited by DaneisKing1389

I'd love to know who the initial source for this date was. The exact same day the Illusions came out. I guess it would make some sense to release it Sept 17...they can promote the album and tie it in with the UYI release. Show the line ups from back in 1991. Build anticipation that way, because let's face it, this album only means what it does right now because of GN'R's past. UYI was an historic release. 20th anniversary of AFD too. VR with an album, there's a bit of a rivalry there to play up. Axl is in pretty good form. VMAs a week before. They could actually take advantage of a lot of things right now. They may not do tons of promo until the album is out, therefore short lead time from when we know till when the album is on store shelves.

VMA performance on Sept 9th. Promo starts that day, single released that day. Huge buzz. Album one week later. Ensures that the album comes out while anticipation is strong and getting stronger.

Here I am actually thinking something might be brewing. I should know better than that by now.

What will probably happen is that Dizzy will have a show that same night, all but ruling out a GN'R performance (doesn't he seem to always have a show the night of the VMA's?). Nevertheless, rumours will swirl (including the obligatory Axl was spotted at the show with straight hair and a bandana) and we will all tune in like we do every year and sit through three hours of this year's disposable shit like Linkin Park and Papa Roach in the hopes that we will see Axl Rose. A "surprise performance" will close the night and we will all piss ourselves during the last commercial break thinking it must be Axl, then they will come back and it'll be the Spice Girls reunion.

I've been through this a few times now.

Has the fuckhead said any reason why it isn't out yet?

I guess you're talking about Axl?? The correct name for him is redhead not fuckhead.

On topic to answer your question. No,he didn't gave us any reason at all. March 6th has been passed long ago and since that date we didn't got any news from the album. Enjoy the silence

Edited by droezle

I'd love to know who the initial source for this date was. The exact same day the Illusions came out. I guess it would make some sense to release it Sept 17...they can promote the album and tie it in with the UYI release. Show the line ups from back in 1991. Build anticipation that way, because let's face it, this album only means what it does right now because of GN'R's past. UYI was an historic release. 20th anniversary of AFD too. VR with an album, there's a bit of a rivalry there to play up. Axl is in pretty good form. VMAs a week before. They could actually take advantage of a lot of things right now. They may not do tons of promo until the album is out, therefore short lead time from when we know till when the album is on store shelves.

VMA performance on Sept 9th. Promo starts that day, single released that day. Huge buzz. Album one week later. Ensures that the album comes out while anticipation is strong and getting stronger.

Here I am actually thinking something might be brewing. I should know better than that by now.

What will probably happen is that Dizzy will have a show that same night, all but ruling out a GN'R performance (doesn't he seem to always have a show the night of the VMA's?). Nevertheless, rumours will swirl (including the obligatory Axl was spotted at the show with straight hair and a bandana) and we will all tune in like we do every year and sit through three hours of this year's disposable shit like Linkin Park and Papa Roach in the hopes that we will see Axl Rose. A "surprise performance" will close the night and we will all piss ourselves during the last commercial break thinking it must be Axl, then they will come back and it'll be the Spice Girls reunion.

I've been through this a few times now.

If it were to come out in September, the album would've have to been handed in July or so, right? Takes 3 months for promo and stuff, I think.

If it were September we would definitely be seeing major promotion by now. IF it's this year it'll be around Christmas and promo will start very soon, but I'm not counting on it at all.

we can start the christmas release rumors already. c'mon lets stir something up for the sake of nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we will not see the album anyway.

okay, so I called the manager of this store who usually has the inside scoop on things. He said to call this one certain number, a pr/publicist guy for this major music biz pr firm over here, and this guy said after he answered his goddamned cell that he'd heard that some pal of his over there in the states is doing the PR shoots for GN'R, theyve been goin on for over a week now!!!!! WOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!! TRUE STORY!!!!!!!!!!! CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god, that means it's comming!!! I shitted my pants!

..sir roy - best w. axl rose copyist worldwide..how can i get some sleep now?...

:shades:

:rofl-lol:

Don't Sixtus....we need to stay up untill we get the official confirmation from gunsnroses.com

I'll FedEx you my last can of Red Bull!