Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know theres a new thread about the release every 15 seconds (yes, it shits me too) and a date doesnt really mean anything when it comes to GNR...but here's my news.

Last night after the gig, outside of the hotel we managed to get onto Rich Fortus to get some autographs and pics. One guy asked him "When's the album coming out?" to which I replied "Yeah he's never heard that one before" but then Fortus answered and said something along the lines of "we're looking at November" and then muttered "November 20".

I was pretty shocked that he even dignified it with a response, but there you go.

GNR%20Melbourne%2015.06.07%20003resize.jpg

Thats a pic of me and the man himself (obviously)

hopefully richard is right about this :D

this was posting on cd.com by JPB

Wasn't it Richard who said awhile back, that he didn't know if Pittman was a member of the band or not. :rofl-lol:

Don't think we can count on this guy at all.

bba

November?

That's eight fucking months since the tentative date, a full year more than it was originally slated for (when Axl had said a fall '06 release). Conveniently, November is close enough to the new year that Axl can once again postpone the album into the next year due to "unforeseen delays" and can pocket the money from this tour and go into hiding again and we'll never hear the album in 2008 either. One of the bandmembers will leave and that will be the excuse for it not coming out in '08.

I'm sorry, but it doesn't take a full year to put finishing touches on an album. The recording was done in March, why should it take an additional eight months to release the damn thing? That's longer than most albums take for recording, mastering, promotion and release. And these, we are supposed to believe, are the "finishing touches"?

It's really sad that he's doing this to his fans.

Edited by Estranged Reality

I know theres a new thread about the release every 15 seconds (yes, it shits me too) and a date doesnt really mean anything when it comes to GNR...but here's my news.

Last night after the gig, outside of the hotel we managed to get onto Rich Fortus to get some autographs and pics. One guy asked him "When's the album coming out?" to which I replied "Yeah he's never heard that one before" but then Fortus answered and said something along the lines of "we're looking at November" and then muttered "November 20".

I was pretty shocked that he even dignified it with a response, but there you go.

Wasn't it Richard who said awhile back, that he didn't know if Pittman was a member of the band or not. :rofl-lol:

bba

Conveniently, November is close enough to the new year that Axl can once again postpone the album into the next year due to "unforeseen delays" and can pocket the money from this tour and go into hiding again and we'll never hear the album in 2008 either. One of the bandmembers will leave and that will be the excuse for it not coming out in '08.

I bet anything you just summed up exactly what is going to happen.

Good call. We should be gettin the new "tentative" release date right before Christmas.

bba

bba

November?

That's eight fucking months since the tentative date, a full year more than it was originally slated for (when Axl had said a fall '06 release). Conveniently, November is close enough to the new year that Axl can once again postpone the album into the next year due to "unforeseen delays" and can pocket the money from this tour and go into hiding again and we'll never hear the album in 2008 either. One of the bandmembers will leave and that will be the excuse for it not coming out in '08.

I'm sorry, but it doesn't take a full year to put finishing touches on an album. The recording was done in March, why should it take an additional eight months to release the damn thing? That's longer than most albums take for recording, mastering, promotion and release. And these, we are supposed to believe, are the "finishing touches"?

You are probably right man. November 20th??? Jesus Christ I will be 30 by then!!!??? I could never have imagined back in 2001 (Jan 1st) when the CD tour began that we would still be waiting for a release date in mid 2007. I can't believe it has been well over two years since the NY Times article came out as well. This is completely unprecedented. And to be honest with everyone, I really do not believe we will see it this year. This is all so bizarre in every way. The longer this thing takes, the more it is evident that there is no real band dynamics. I do not even know what to call this current GNR incarnation anymore. Axl Rose just gives me bad vibes at this point. And this is what breads all the negative energy. It is honestly hard to be positive when the only person who has any idea what is going on in the BAND is Axl Rose...???

Edited by smokingarthur

from a person on the AC/DC messageboard:

new Chinese Democracy date!!! Mr. Richard Fortus GN'R rhythym guitarist told a guy after the last show that the date is November 20th. Now whether it is true or not who knows other than Axl.

i wil ask him where he heard it and post back as soon as i find out.

The whole album will have leaked by the time November rolls around. Way to waste another year Axl.

It can't leak if they don't actually *have* anything to leak. I'm beginning to seriously suspect - for the first time ever - that there isn't really an album in entirety. Bits and pieces, but not a full album. It would have leaked by now. And you know, that's probably my frustration talking, because I know they must have been recording recently, but it's just really goddamn weird that they finished recording three months ago and we've heard nothing regarding a planned release date. Mastering shouldn't take this long.

If it was finished in March, and they really are still mastering now, more material would have likely surfaced. If they're secretly pressing copies it would have leaked, too. In today's age an album does not hit the shelves without leaking well in advance. Many albums are now leaking three or four months prior to their release dates. If CD is set for September (which seems to be the consensus) we should have something by now. Mainly because it's such a mythical album and is going to leak early because so many people will be after it.

The songs that DID leak (?) were supposedly from 2002 anyway, so they're not from recent recording sessions.

Edited by Estranged Reality

ER, they just left it too late to release the thing before the Summer "lull". People don't buy records during holidays, so they tend to hold off releasing them during this three month period to boost the chances of sales.

At this point, they're probably going to tour into the later months of the year, then leave enough time for proper promotion/publicity before they release it during a peak sales period. It's bullshit and it irritates me, but i'm pretty sure that's why they won't launch into release mode right now.

November?

That sums it up for me right there. The cycle will continue indefinitely, and that's truly a sad waste of a considerable amount of talent.

Yeah....They will say if the CD will be release November....But on November they will be delayed that again...And someone asking to Axl

Someone : Why are you delayed it again Axl?

Axl : Ummmm i dunno....Maybe 'cause November isn't a good month

Someone : Why?

Axl : Ok...Actually i want to make a joke for my fans..I will say to them if the CD will be release November...And then i will delayed it....So they will be cry and that thing will be happen..

Someone : What thing?

Axl : November rain

from a person on the AC/DC messageboard:

new Chinese Democracy date!!! Mr. Richard Fortus GN'R rhythym guitarist told a guy after the last show that the date is November 20th. Now whether it is true or not who knows other than Axl.

i wil ask him where he heard it and post back as soon as i find out.

Hmmmmm u mean like the nov 20th rumour last yr,I just dont get my hopes up anymore if it comes out it comes out and if not fuck it!

Axl : Ok...Actually i want to make a joke for my fans..I will say to them if the CD will be release November...And then i will delayed it....So they will be cry and that thing will be happen..

Haha that makes no sense :).

Yeah....They will say if the CD will be release November....But on November they will be delayed that again...And someone asking to Axl

Someone : Why are you delayed it again Axl?

Axl : Ummmm i dunno....Maybe 'cause November isn't a good month

Someone : Why?

*Crickets Chirp*

Edited by Codith

bba

November?

or.... they just got two new members and for the first time in a long time have a solidified line up that actualy enjoys being in the band.. and that is what axl wants recorded for the album. if that pushes the cd back a bit, so be it, it has been delayed for worse reasons