Aerosmith are talentless

Skyfire

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't (normally) patrol the internet looking for music forums to post provoking meaningless subjective topics. I'm doing this because a friend dared me to...

You got dared to post a provoking meaningless subjective topic on an internet forum by a friend?

Wow you guys are pretty hardcore!

What else do you scalliwags get up to?

"Dude, I totally dare you to rearrange your Mum's spice rack and put the paprika next to the thyme!"

whether you like them or not is your business, but Joe Perry is a great guitarist and the rest of the guys are very solid musicians as well. calling them "talentless" is simply incorrect. if you want to call them "cheesy" or "pussies" or whatever, that again is your choice. but, the members of Aerosmith are very talented and can play cirlces around the Drop-D, triggered drum bullshit that you listed.

Edited by artfromtex

With their sharp-edged, bluesy swagger and irresistible riffs, Aerosmith made some of the best and most enduring rock records of the '70s.Stephen Tyler's raspy, soulful pipes are classic.not every song is a diamond, but the ones that are shine enough to carry it through and stand out a bit in Aerosmith large album collection.5 musicians who came together as Aerosmith in 1970 are still together more than 30 years later.And Joe Perry is a guitar legend who continues to leave his mark in music.Do any of your bands you have listed have a song like Dream On that is One of the best rock songs of all time.In short, this is a cool band with all the right moves: a dynamic singer, a punchy rhythm section (the guts of any great groove band), and some real nice guitar interplay.Aerosmith are simply incapable of making a bad album.Aerosmith's live show's are brilliant and full of fun and energy.All there songs have some flair for someone's life experience.And now i would like to know how your favorite bands match up to one of the greatest bands of all time.

Proof? Aerosmith have sold millions of copies of great albums!

Are well known!

These so called bands you listed? well not much

I dont even think I heard of one of them!

Why? cause there the talentless ones!

Plain and simple!

In that case, ABBA is a lot better than GN'R and Aerosmith put together. ;)

Proof? Aerosmith have sold millions of copies of great albums!

Are well known!

These so called bands you listed? well not much

I dont even think I heard of one of them!

Why? cause there the talentless ones!

Plain and simple!

In that case, ABBA is a lot better than GN'R and Aerosmith put together. ;)

:rofl-lol: Thats good!

I don't (normally) patrol the internet looking for music forums to post provoking meaningless subjective topics. I'm doing this because a friend dared me to...

You got dared to post a provoking meaningless subjective topic on an internet forum by a friend?

Wow you guys are pretty hardcore!

What else do you scalliwags get up to?

"Dude, I totally dare you to rearrange your Mum's spice rack and put the paprika next to the thyme!"

:lol::lol:

Yup, you guys need to get a job or something

Aerosmith are so talentless along with all the other american boybands like nine inch nails, they call themselves hard rock when all I hear in their music are rants about former girlfriends, cliche love songs and mild homosexual frustrations ("anger").

--- I listen to bands that play at a heavier, faster and more melodic scale and the lyrics are brilliant. Don't give me the "O HERE IS X SONG ITS VERY GOOD LISTEN" - I won't change my mind, I've heard it all before.

discuss

OK someone told me to list my bands so whatever:

Kalmah

Dispatched

Mors Principium Est

Gates of Ishtar

Emperor

Mayhem

Hecate Enthroned

Graveworm

Anorexia Nervosa

Rotting Christ

Wintersun

Nightrage

Skyfire

Dark Tranquility

Insomnium

Catamenia

Omnium Gatherum

Amon Amarth

That's just a grain of salt --- I don't feel like listing 100+ bands so... pick ANY band and listen for a song or two --- yes im saying those "unheard of nameless bands" have more talent than aerosmith and nine inch nails.

Sorry, but Wintersun is the only decent band you mentioned. Besides, how can people prove you wrong if you won't listen to any songs? You're an idiot.

Most of your bands have the same amount of talent as a 2 year old with a kazoo.

:lol:

What kind of stupid dare is that? "I dare you to go say that you hate Aerosmith on a Guns N' Roses forum, trying to start an argument with a bunch of people who you will never meet in real life." That's an intense dare there, how did you ever build up the courage to go through with it?

Besides, wouldn't it make more sense to voice your dislike for Aerosmith on an Aerosmith board? Just seems like common sense to me if you're trying to start an argument.

He's probobly a little 12 year old punk that was sent to his room by his mommy and has nothing better to do.

Hey I just wanna thank the guy for starting this thread, I haven't listened to any of my Aerosmith albums for a long time but thanks to this thread I dug out Rocks and Toys In The Attic - awesome albums, even though Get Your Wings is my favourite.
:rofl-lol: I was just doin the same thing!!

This is a funny thread. Your comparing death/black/etc.. metal bands against a simple rock in roll band. Hilarious. I love many death/black metal bands but to compare them to a simple rock in roll band is just ridiculous. However if you want to hear how much a rock in roll band can kick ass check out the title track to Toys in the Attic-----