Stones vs. Led Zep

Vincent Vega

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though the Stones have some good songs, they are maybe the most overrated band ever.

No.

Come on they're neither good musicians nor is Mick Jagger a good singer.

And most of their songs, not all, but many of their songs are very medicore "pop" rock music.

i've only like, relatively recently got into both bands annnd...hmm, i dunno, interesting question. early stones to me were the fucking shit...then again certain fucking Zeppelin songs i listen to are like...sheer exstacy. i never remember song names of bands that i get into like that cuz i just listen to entire albums through and through but i REALLY dig some Zeppelin songs and to be honest i've gotten so stuck on em that i havent ventured to the other albums outside of like, those initial listens...Black Dog is fuckin amazing...theres one that i can sing one end to the other but i dunno the name of it. "everyday i work so hard, bringing home my hard earned pay, try to love you baby but you push me away"?? that one :lol: i dunno, i dont think i can answer yet, ask me in a year or so :lol: at the moment i'd say the Stones but only cuz i've heard more and...i really really REALLY love that early rock n roll with all my little heart, i cant help it, its what always drew me in, simple passionate snappy songs like...well the entire first stones album :lol:

Led Zepplin would be for me.

Hey,

I know some of you are going to be like, ''that's comparing Apples & Oranges'' but still...Even in the 70s there was a rivalry between the two bands, especially in '72, as Led Zeppelin's popularity was growing and they were launcing a massive tour as was the Stones. Which is the better band, and why?

Black Dog is fuckin amazing...theres one that i can sing one end to the other but i dunno the name of it. "everyday i work so hard, bringing home my hard earned pay, try to love you baby but you push me away"?? that one :lol:

Dazed and Confused ;) And agreed :)

Though the Stones have some good songs, they are maybe the most overrated band ever.

No.

Come on they're neither good musicians nor is Mick Jagger a good singer.

And most of their songs, not all, but many of their songs are very medicore "pop" rock music.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I love both, but Led Zeppelin more

The Rolling Stones were better songwriters, but Led Zeppelin were better musicians. What decides it for me is the lyrics. Mick and Keith are far superior lyric writers than Robert Plant and his "Ohh Baby's". Some of Zeppelin's lyrics are fucking awful and they were always mediocre at best. If Zeppelin had been fronted by somebody who could scream and also write good lyrics, like oh say, Axl Rose, Zeppelin would take it. As it is, The Stones take it for me. Sticky Fingers is also my favorite album of all time.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Zeppelin cuz their not still selling out the world and their music better and just better in general

Well you can't sell out if you were broken up.

Yes, you can. Reunions ;)

page and plant?

it didn't live up to zep, sorry guys

and for all those who say zep never sold out never heard the bulk of the stuff on in through the out door