Pink Floyd especially the album Darkside of the moon

Mutant Rose

i think its absolute crap...

It's almost as if they made it to TRY and sound profound and mystic and it just falls on its face for me.

exactly!!! that whole fucking drug era got into music in all the wrong ways, PF are a perfect example of this. Hello...is there anybody in therrree? just nod if you can hear meee...is there anyonne hoome? no there isnt, fuck off!!! its just insulting. and they're hailed as some kind of fucking geniuses, its ridiculous :lol: a bunch of Velvet Underground fans who went in entirely the wrong direction.

U and Tupac should be quite happy together then.

:huh:

EDIT: and to the person who made this thread, yes there is an album more haunting...Bitches Brew is pretty fucking haunting in the right situation. Flowers Of Romance by PiL too.

Edited by ffrankwhite

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that whole fucking drug era got into music in all the wrong ways,

not digging Magical Mystery Tour huh?..

Hello...is there anybody in therrree? just nod if you can hear meee...is there anyonne hoome?

wrong album

no there isnt, fuck off!!! its just insulting.

why is it insulting?

do you know the background motivations for the album the Wall?(which is the album you quoted).

Do you know about the Montreal incident that sparked the creating process for the Wall?

It's far more profound than anything PIL did.

and they're hailed as some kind of fucking geniuses,

Nobody sounded quite like them at the time,and the songs they were creating were unlike anything anyone had heard.The sounds and techniques were groundbreaking at the time.

Not an easy feat...whether one likes their music or not.You can't deny them their unique talent.

a bunch of Velvet Underground fans who went in entirely the wrong direction.

Who's sounding Special Ed now?

and to the person who made this thread, yes there is an album more haunting...Bitches Brew is pretty fucking haunting in the right situation. Flowers Of Romance by PiL too.

Matter of opinion and taste at the end of the day..isn't it.

and to the person who made this thread, yes there is an album more haunting...Bitches Brew is pretty fucking haunting in the right situation. Flowers Of Romance by PiL too.

No.

Edited by Lithium

that whole fucking drug era got into music in all the wrong ways, PF are a perfect example of this. Hello...is there anybody in therrree? just nod if you can hear meee...is there anyonne hoome? no there isnt, fuck off!!! its just insulting. and they're hailed as some kind of fucking geniuses, its ridiculous :lol: a bunch of Velvet Underground fans who went in entirely the wrong direction.

:blink:

:unsure:

Sarcasm, I hope.

When I first read this my initial reaction was to be pissed and jump to it's defense, but then I felt sad becaue there are many things you have said musically that I agree with and yet some how for what ever reason you don't "get this" Different strokes for different folks and all that, but maybe after another decade of life's ups and downs you should listen to it again and see if it moves you differently

Hello...is there anybody in therrree? just nod if you can hear meee...is there anyonne hoome?

wrong album

no there isnt, fuck off!!! its just insulting.

why is it insulting?

do you know the background motivations for the album the Wall?(which is the album you quoted).

Do you know about the Montreal incident that sparked the creating process for the Wall?

It's far more profound than anything PIL did.

and they're hailed as some kind of fucking geniuses,

Nobody sounded quite like them at the time,and the songs they were creating were unlike anything anyone had heard.The sounds and techniques were groundbreaking at the time.

Not an easy feat...whether one likes their music or not.You can't deny them their unique talent.

a bunch of Velvet Underground fans who went in entirely the wrong direction.

Who's sounding Special Ed now?

the magical mystery tour was the beggining of it though, when it was fresh and new...therein lies the difference. i know its the wrong album, i was just making fun of the band (with the comfortably thing) no i have no idea about the montreal incident, whats that? i mean insulting in the sense that the intent of the music seems obvious and therefore boring. i dont think its necessarily a talent to discover new techniques and sounds unless you can utilise them toward making good music. hows that sounding special ed? those guys started off as a bunch of velvet underground wannabes. yes it is a matter of opinion and taste, round of applause, im speaking for myself, people tend to do that ;)

Where's Ron when you need him?

He's long gone, dude...

On topic:

Pink Floyd, and especially DSOTM are in no way overrated. It just isn't music you can listen to everyday, you have to be in a special mood to appreciate their sound.

What happened to Ron?

I don't really know but I guess he just chose to leave the board and move on, you know?

85ln6aa.jpg

the beatles had such a mastery of melody and rhythm that they could write a song about a piece of shit and, musically at least, it'd still be perfection. as it was, most of their songs were extremely contentious. lets not even START comparing the beatles with Brown Floyd here...by the way, Ringo wrote Octopus Garden, not John.

Edited by ffrankwhite

the intent of the music seems obvious and therefore boring.

Quite a bold statement coming from the great Hip Hop defender..

the word "seems" is kind of key to that statement, i might be wrong, just stating an opinion, its not like i dislike a band and then study the bastards really in depth to justify my dislike, thats just not sensible. and it REALLY suprises me that you dislike hip hop, not so much that you dislike it actually, thats your choice, more than you refuse to recognise it as a relevant form of artistic musical expression. it truly suprises me, just based on the few times we've discussed things (not hip hop, just...music/art forms on this forum) and...its in stark contrast to lots of things i've seen you say. i can only assume (since you've never conclusively/logically stated why) that you dont consider hip hop a relevant form of musical artistic expression for reasons other than what you're letting on. their cockiness maybe? vulgarity perhaps? there just seems to be a desicion to not understand on your part. whatever, each to his own, as long as you're breathing and smiling, those are the important things. suffice to say that the difference between us is that i choose to embrace all musical forms of artistic expression, you choose to be exclusive, for whatever reason, it aint my business until you make it so. just a little sad i guess. but whatever, its your life.

Edited by ffrankwhite

85ln6aa.jpg

the beatles had such a mastery of melody and rhythm that they could write a song about a piece of shit and, musically at least, it'd still be perfection. as it was, most of their songs were extremely contentious. lets not even START comparing the beatles with Brown Floyd here...by the way, Ringo wrote Octopus Garden, not John.

Oh my God.... that's an actual song?!?!?! I was just stealing that from the commercial for the movie, "Walk HArd: The Dewey Cox Story" lol.

Quite a bold statement coming from the great Hip Hop defender..

nice dodge on answering that..

it REALLY suprises me that you dislike hip hop, not so much that you dislike it actually, thats your choice, more than you refuse to recognise it as a relevant form of artistic musical expression. it truly suprises me,

And so it should...because I don't refuse to recognise it

its in stark contrast to lots of things i've seen you say.

uh............

I was recognizing Hip Hop before you were born...back when it meant something

i can only assume (since you've never conclusively/logically stated why) that you dont consider hip hop a relevant form of musical artistic expression for reasons other than what you're letting on. their cockiness maybe? vulgarity perhaps?

mmmmm.....

Probably has more to do with the fact that it is now a prententious sham

there just seems to be a desicion to not understand on your part.

wrong

whatever, each to his own, as long as you're breathing and smiling, those are the important things. suffice to say that the difference between us is that i choose to embrace all musical forms of artistic expression,

well that's very groovy of you

......here in the thread where your shitting all over Floyd, and in general psychedelia

you choose to be exclusive, for whatever reason, it aint my business until you make it so.

hey...cool...I feel the same way

You ram the merits of Hip Hop down everyone's throat,but we're supposed to take you shitting all over Floyd.Guess you made that my business.

Hip Hop doesn't belong in Madison Square Gardens with a rip off Kiss show as a backdrop.

Neither does what's-now-referred-to-as-punk.

Sorry...it's a crock of shit and I see through it.

That doesn't mean both movements didn't come from solid and righteous beginnings.

Quite a bold statement from the great Hip Hop defender.

ok, first you're critical of hip hop and now you're OK with what it was but not what it is, well thats a turn up of events old timer, you're not losing your memory are ya? shall i give you another couple of weeks?!?! shit, you might end up telling me you were in a Montell Jordan video. make your mind up. as it happens, i pretty much agree with you insofar as hip hop as it started was better than where its at now but i certainly dont deny the artistic merit of the nowadays stuff. quite a bit less valid but certainly not invalid.

you contradict yourself all over this post because you refuse to be specfic, its like you're looking for an excuse to have a barney with me or something

"And so it should...because I don't refuse to recognise it"

turns into:

"I was recognizing Hip Hop before you were born...back when it meant something"

OK grandpa irving, well that kind of hip hop still exists too ;) dunno if that slipped your notice or not.

"shitting all over Floyd, and in general psychedelia"

psychedelia in general??? i think not, just over floyd ;)

"You ram the merits of Hip Hop down everyone's throat"

you know what? kiss my ass :lol: i never even hardly ever spoke about hip hop off my own back in this message board and i still dont do it...its just when people think its fucking open season on hip hop behind a fucking computer screen cuz they're so critical of it, i dunno if they're getting their lunch money nabbed or some shit and they go around on message boards all self congratulatory ragging on hip hop cuz they think music is some kind of fucking civil war with the metalheads on one side and hip hop on the other and just sit around slagging it off when half of them dont know jack fucking shit about it, thats the main reason why i've ever spoken about hip hop on this thread and the threads i've been most vocal about it on are threads other people have started so you can kiss my ass with that "ram hip hop down everyones throat" bullshit...whoose throat, where? the threads i've prattled on about that shit is where people completely deny hip hop, half of them not even knowing shit about it and talking on the subject like they're fuckin schoolin', fuck that. interesting to notice half of these fuckwads are the same people that go on and say shit like "im scared in my school, there are too many foreigners, i think im gonna get shanked" or "i wouldn't go out with a black guy/foreign person" after a while its gets just a little boring, a little telling, but you can seriously go fuck yourself with that "ram hip hop down everyones throat" i've only ever defended it, defended it one against 3000 i might add (not withstanding the few cool people on here open minded enough to dig music as music and not be some retarded nostalgist denying the world they live in and thinking like rock n roll is still some fresh and vibrant genre thats just waiting for their new messiah :rolleyes:

a good little example of the strange distaste for hip hop on this forum is the fact that a rapper died yesterday, someone (not me) made a thread about it on Anything Goes, and check it out, its pretty much taking potshots at him, sweet huh? this is the same forum where fucking a video of a cat getting ran over or some shit like that elicits squeals of "OH NO!! poor kitty!!" and these great fucking respecters of life are all up in there now cracking puns because he's dead, most of the puns centered around his name being Pimp C. well maybe we should all laugh when Johnny Rotten or Mickey Zero die, i mean hell, look at their names, they must've been asking for it, fuck em!!! (dont wash does it?) THATS what i react against, i dont ram hip hop down anyones throat, i resent that remark...not cuz i'm above doing it but cuz it just aint true.

all of a sudden now i can't say i like hip hop, i gotta differentiate if its old school or new school or gangsta rap or west coast party anthems or east coast battlin' or disc flippin or...jesus man, get over it...fact is whether either of us like it or not when a lot of people say punk they mean green day AS WELL AS the clash or the sex pistols. seriously, you been prattling on all this time about "hip hop isnt valid" and now you say you dig the old stuff. well you should've cleared it up organ grinder, saved me some fuckin energy, and yourself too ;)

Edited by ffrankwhite

ok, first you're critical of hip hop and now you're OK with what it was but not what it is, well thats a turn up of events old timer, you're not losing your memory are ya? shall i give you another couple of weeks?!?! shit, you might end up telling me you were in a Montell Jordan video. make your mind up. as it happens, i pretty much agree with you insofar as hip hop as it started was better than where its at now but i certainly dont deny the artistic merit of the nowadays stuff. quite a bit less valid but certainly not invalid.

you contradict yourself all over this post because you refuse to be specfic, its like you're looking for an excuse to have a barney with me or something

turns into:

OK grandpa irving, well that kind of hip hop still exists too ;) dunno if that slipped your notice or not.

you know what? kiss my ass :lol: i never even hardly ever spoke about hip hop off my own back in this message board and i still dont do it...its just when people think its fucking open season on hip hop behind a fucking computer screen cuz they're so critical of it, i dunno if they're getting their lunch money nabbed or some shit and they go around on message boards all self congratulatory ragging on hip hop cuz they think music is some kind of fucking civil war with the metalheads on one side and hip hop on the other and just sit around slagging it off when half of them dont know jack fucking shit about it, thats the main reason why i've ever spoken about hip hop on this thread and the threads i've been most vocal about it on are threads other people have started so you can kiss my ass with that "ram hip hop down everyones throat" bullshit...whoose throat, where? the threads i've prattled on about that shit is where people completely deny hip hop, half of them not even knowing shit about it and talking on the subject like they're fuckin schoolin', fuck that. interesting to notice half of these fuckwads are the same people that go on and say shit like "im scared in my school, there are too many foreigners, i think im gonna get shanked" or "i wouldn't go out with a black guy/foreign person" after a while its gets just a little boring, a little telling, but you can seriously go fuck yourself with that "ram hip hop down everyones throat" i've only ever defended it, defended it one against 3000 i might add (not withstanding the few cool people on here open minded enough to dig music as music and not be some retarded nostalgist denying the world they live in and thinking like rock n roll is still some fresh and vibrant genre thats just waiting for their new messiah :rolleyes:

a good little example of the strange distaste for hip hop on this forum is the fact that a rapper died yesterday, someone (not me) made a thread about it on Anything Goes, and check it out, its pretty much taking potshots at him, sweet huh? this is the same forum where fucking a video of a cat getting ran over or some shit like that elicits squeals of "OH NO!! poor kitty!!" and these great fucking respecters of life are all up in there now cracking puns because he's dead, most of the puns centered around his name being Pimp C. well maybe we should all laugh when Johnny Rotten or Mickey Zero die, i mean hell, look at their names, they must've been asking for it, fuck em!!! (dont wash does it?) THATS what i react against, i dont ram hip hop down anyones throat, i resent that remark...not cuz i'm above doing it but cuz it just aint true.

all of a sudden now i can't say i like hip hop, i gotta differentiate if its old school or new school or gangsta rap or west coast party anthems or east coast battlin' or disc flippin or...jesus man, get over it...fact is whether either of us like it or not when a lot of people say punk they mean green day AS WELL AS the clash or the sex pistols. seriously, you been prattling on all this time about "hip hop isnt valid" and now you say you dig the old stuff. well you should've cleared it up organ grinder, saved me some fuckin energy, and yourself too ;)

You know what man?

You seem to think I'm after you...where in fact,most of the time you're worthy of a good debate.

You tend to usually put some time and effort and thought into your points.

You make me work for my point of view...and I fuckin love that.

You don't seem to get that.

But you seem all flustered now...and in fact,that last post was you pretty much talking out of your ass.

You've chosen to go for personal attacks when convercing with me now,and that part I'm not digging.

So if your going to continue being a dick...I'm not going to bother...it's not worth the effort.

turns into:

You know what man?

You seem to think I'm after you...where in fact,most of the time you're worthy of a good debate.

You tend to usually put some time and effort and thought into your points.

You make me work for my point of view...and I fuckin love that.

You don't seem to get that.

But you seem all flustered now...and in fact,that last post was you pretty much talking out of your ass.

You've chosen to go for personal attacks when convercing with me now,and that part I'm not digging.

So if your going to continue being a dick...I'm not going to bother...it's not worth the effort.

well im sorry but i take great exception to the "ramming hip hop down peoples throats" comment because its something i've actually made a concious effort not to do.