Hip-Hop Appreciation Thread

swlabr

He sure sounds disgusting. :lol:

EDIT: Now I'll go and watch a cartoon with Eminem caled "The Slim Shady Show" that a friend gave me in Christmas present (as a joke from the beginning, but hey, maybe it's good).

the cartoons ok, vaguely funny. eminem works on the premise of his 3 personalities Eminem = the rapper Marshall Mathers = the man Slim Shady = the psycho :rofl-lol:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know when Nas' Nigg*r comes out? I heard it was delayed. Good rap/hip-hop? Check out either Dalek or Saul Williams.

Heard Niggy Tardust yet?

The song that made me get into him was 'Black Stacey' which I came across on MTV2 one night.

I actually haven't heard it yet, but I've heard good things about it.

So, is there a difference between hip-hop and rap? I don't listen to much of it, but I LOVE Eminem. I've been listening to him a lot lately. :wub:

Hip Hop is the entire culture that includes Rap, Breakdancing, Graffiti Art, and DJing.

Don't get it confused with the "industry" garbage that they claim to be hip hop. Meaning all of the bling bling, materialistic shit that you hear on your radio and TV.

Just out of curiosity.. are you the guy that mentioned he was friendly with Housten Alexander in the mma thread? Becaue I read an interview of his the other day, where he mentioned hip hop culture, and he seems to think along the exact same lines as you :lol: Sounds like a pretty cool guy as well.

Current Hip Hop I appreciate:

Outkast

Nas

Kanye

Lupe Fiasco

Ghostface Killah

There's a lot more but that would be the majority I listen to from todays scene. Not really into eminem as much but I can acknowledge he has amazing lyrical ability.

EDIT: Now I'll go and watch a cartoon with Eminem caled "The Slim Shady Show" that a friend gave me in Christmas present (as a joke from the beginning, but hey, maybe it's good).

the cartoons ok, vaguely funny. eminem works on the premise of his 3 personalities Eminem = the rapper Marshall Mathers = the man Slim Shady = the psycho :rofl-lol:

:rofl-lol: "My dad's gone crraaazy"

I wondered if any of those people were real too (Paul, Ken, Steve).

Guest banaszkiewicz
Yeah, I actually enjoy the lyrics. I've always had those prejudices about that every Eminem song was about doing drugs and kill people, but some of the lyrics are actually funny. :)

In general I have to say that I think the songs where there are another person rapping isn't as good as the ones he is solo on. Well, Guilty Conscience was another person on it, but I didn't dislike that voice. This may sound a bit racist, but I think that most of the black people which rap sounds so stupid somehow. They sound pretty much the same all of them (Prejudices again, I know, but that's how my picture of it is). Dark deep voices which have some strange accent which I can't describe. Well, you probably understand what I mean anyways. I don't like the sound of those voices anyways.

EDIT: I like the song When The Music Stops too. It sounds like there are about 3 or 4 other people on it too.

EDIT II: I like Soldier, Squar Dance, 'Till I Collapse, Say What You Say and Superman too.

EDIT III: I like Who Knew and Stan too. And Run Rabbit, 8 Mile and The Way I am.

bold #1: the black guy in guilty conscience is dr.dre, the man who signed eminem!

bold #2: eminem is part of a band called D12 (dirty dozen), which featured six people total, including eminem, about a year ago, one of them got shot down (rip proof). Eminem brought these guys outta trouble when he got signed, he came back for his friends. So you can consider it a side project...i really like D12

well i knew eminem suffered from multiple personalty disorder

buty i thought the order went like this

eminem = the rapper

marshall mathers = the one that talks about killing, etc...the really pissed off one due to a fucked up childhood

slim shady = the joker

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

The Marshall Mathers character in this DVD isn't really a guy that talks about killing, or something. He seems like a nerd which the character Slim Shady tries to help getting laid in every episode. I gotta say that I thought The Slim Shady Show was really funny. Definatly worth seeing.

When will next album come? Or was this Encore album an ending? The name can suggest that, and also that it seemed that he was kind of saying good bye on the last track of the album, but I was unsure if that was just something he didfor the album or if it was to end his career.

EDIT: I just heard Rap Game by D12. I liked it, but one of them, Bizarre or what he call himself sounds like a mentally retarded person....

EDIT II: Who is this Laney or Lana or what it is in Mockinbird? Another child Kim has got?

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

they all are except Ken. in fact thats their real voices on the albums. Ken is just Slim putting on a voice. Paul is his manager Paul Rosenberg and Steve Berman is well...Steve Berman from Interscope/.

Edited by ffrankwhite

You guys happen to know any good rap-metal? :wub:

Limp Bizkit

Body Count(later work)

Linkin Park

Crazy Town

RATM

Kid Rock

Vanilla Ice - Hard To Swallow

Judgement Night soundtrack

Cypress Hill - Bones cd from Skull & Bones

Edited by krissirge

Dr Dre, Easy E, Snoop Doog, Tupac, Mc Eiht :shades:

oh, and Axl Rose rock3:lol:

N.W.A is defiantly my fav group, Easy E closely followed by Dr Dre are my fav rap artists.

Oh and I fucking love Kanye West, dunno if he goes under this genre?

Edited by Chris Axl

Dr Dre, Easy E, Snoop Doog, Tupac, Mc Eiht :shades:

oh, and Axl Rose rock3:lol:

N.W.A is defiantly my fav group, Easy E closely followed by Dr Dre are my fav rap artists.

What about MC Ren motherfucker?!!

Him and Eazy-E are rockin' :shades:

xDSGx

Havn't heard much of hes solo stuff :P or....haven't heard anything... he is bitchin' in N.W.A tough :shades:

not exactly old school really are they?

The late 80's and early 90's were the golden years of rap. To me rap died along with Tupac Shakur. I'll admit that I think that Eminem is a talented guy but he's really got nothing to say.

Edited by Randy Lahey

The late 80's and early 90's were the golden years of rap. To me rap died along with Tupac Shakur. I'll admit that I think that Eminem is a talented guy but he's really got nothing to say.

Too bad he isn't dead then.

He's dead...

Don't believe the 12 year olds that say he's smoking a blunt with Biggie on some island.

He's dead...

Don't believe the 12 year olds that say he's smoking a blunt with Biggie on some island.

It's a conspiracy dude.

They didn't just fall over all the unreleased material long after he died...

He's dead...

It's a conspiracy dude.

They didn't just fall over all the unreleased material long after he died...

come on Chris, you're not one of those are ya? :rofl-lol:

You guys happen to know any good rap-metal? :wub:

Limp Bizkit

Body Count(later work)

Linkin Park

Crazy Town

RATM

Kid Rock

Vanilla Ice - Hard To Swallow

Judgement Night soundtrack

Cypress Hill - Bones cd from Skull & Bones

Thanks man. Some of those I don't like...but Body Count are pretty sweet (like Ice-T's solo stuff better though). I love Rage already as well.

You should check out (hed) P.E. if you don't already listen to them, they are pretty awesome.