BRIT Awards

DopeSickGirl

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

moar biffy plz

Good on the Foos. Beth Ditto is a talentless hack, what is it with every fat chick that they think they can pull off Aretha Franklin? Also, is it just me or was Kaiser Chiefs performance very bland? And I heard the frontman was supposed to be very energetic, mustve not wanted to ruin his suit.

I agree about the Kaisers, I was watching them wondering where the energy was supposed to be, was a pretty boring performance.

Also, is it just me or was Kaiser Chiefs performance very bland? And I heard the frontman was supposed to be very energetic, mustve not wanted to ruin his suit.

Oh wow, Chiefs played? Which song did they play? Yeah, they normally are very energetic. He normally runs all over the place banging on a cowbell or tambourine. Although he really hasn't been that active with the latest tour.

Best British Single:

Mark Ronson and Amy Winehouse - Valerie

Hoosiers - Worried about Ray

Mika - Grace Kelly

Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love

Take That - Shine

Dear me :no:

EDIT: They played Ruby Moop, and they did seem a little subdued compared to usual.

Edited by DopeSickGirl

British Album:

Mika - Life In Cartoon Motion

Mark Ronson - Version

Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare

Leone Lewis - Spirit

Take That - Beautiful something.

I love it when Sharon yells; she's like my mother :lol:

I think Vic Reeves is a bit pished.

Yeah, just a little :lol: Paul McCartney on now. rock3

Ozzy announcing him. :rofl-lol:

Edited by UseYourAppetite

jesus christ!

what a nightmare!

I know they are going to air over here,but I'm not sure I'll bother...

..any live acts worth tuning in for??

Well Macca was pretty good imo anyway. Rest was pretty much awful, although I didn't see Mika so I don't know how he was.

Edited by UseYourAppetite

Aren't Take That Robbie Williams' old band? :huh:

Yes but they've been doing a lot better then him since they reformed 2 years ago without him.

...and that's a good thing??

Yes because Robbie Williams is a smug bastard, so if it takes him down a level or two then it's a good thing. And I kinda liked one of Take Thats new songs :confused2:

Just how big are the Arctic Monkeys in the UK? They seem pretty cool from iTunes previews and the singles that I've heard, but from what I've read they've been labeled the saviors of rock and all sorts of stuff over there by NME etc.

Just how big are the Arctic Monkeys in the UK? They seem pretty cool from iTunes previews and the singles that I've heard, but from what I've read they've been labeled the saviors of rock and all sorts of stuff over there by NME etc.

Very big. They had labels tripping up over themselves to get them signed. But to be fair, NME is a magazine written by suck ups.

I like the way Mark Ronson had his own little stage with a sign saying "Mark Ronson presents....", like he's some sort of fucking big shot :lol:

You're a "producer" and a cover-artist, man! Get over yourself.

Anyway: Amy winhouse looked better. Still a bit frail. But better.

Kaiser Chiefs were ok. The guy sining backing vocals was off key a few times though :lol:

And I missed Mika AND Take that... so Im not too happy <_<

I like the way Mark Ronson had his own little stage with a sign saying "Mark Ronson presents....", like he's some sort of fucking big shot :lol:

You're a "producer" and a cover-artist, man! Get over yourself.

Anyway: Amy winhouse looked better. Still a bit frail. But better.

Kaiser Chiefs were ok. The guy sining backing vocals was off key a few times though :lol:

And I missed Mika AND Take that... so Im not too happy <_<

Mark Ronson is great! Start listening to his material, and you'd see what that man is doing.

Kaiser Chiefs was horribly off tune, I had to mute it! :lol:

I missed Mike and That That too.. which I'm quite happy about.

And I just can't get over that Take That got the best live act award, when bands like Arctic Monkeys, Klaxons and friggin' Muse was nominated.

How is the winners elected? Flipping coins?

Kylie Minogue had the Power Rangers as their back-up dancers, and she mimed! (surprise!)

I think this was the first Amy Winehouse live show I'ev seen, I like her music, but really, I felt very uncomfortable watching her wiggle to "dance" (i think its because her skirt was too tight) and she willged while stroking her hair or fiddling with the hem of her dress. Amy could be a really fabulous performer, and look like she's really into her song, but she doesn't, and just sings while tottering around in heels that she cant walk in while doing this uncomfortable shuffley wiggle.