Hey AC/DC fans!

Estranged Reality

The song in that video is getting a lot of airplay in this area.

They just strike me as Jet jr.

But it's good for what it is...

Hmm, never heard Jet. Don't want to really after seeing that clip of them stealing the bassline from Lust For Life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56l4yaS3LhU

Jet's an Australian band that tapped into the same vein that Australian band Airbourne is currently sucking on.

When I first heard Airbourne,I thought of Jet songs...like this

Cold Hard Bitch

but I do kinda dig Airbourne for what they are.

me too

I kinda disagree - Airbourne don't take themselves anywhere near as seriously as Jet do. They know exactly what they are, whereas Jet (especially Nic Cester) seem to think that they're something special. I don't really know how to articulate it properly.

Airbourne put on a pretty awesome live show from what i've heard - missed the chance to see them a few times. They're a band i'd rather see live than buy an album from.

Not sure if you're playing tongue-in-cheek with this thread ER,but if not...I'm a bit surprised.

...me thinks if these were Bach tunes you'd be ripping the shit out of them

(??)

Hmm, never heard Jet. Don't want to really after seeing that clip of them stealing the bassline from Lust For Life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56l4yaS3LhU

I'm usually wary of these sorts of groups though. Like Wolfmother. :no:

you like Airbourne and not wolfmother.....right.......... :question:

Wolfmother is okay to an extent - but I do agree somewhat with Mike Patton's assessment of them. :xmasssanta: He was a bit harsh, but his reaction to hearing their song was priceless.

I liked Woman at first, it's got a cool riff, but I listened to the rest of the album and nothing really caught my fancy; then I started watching some live videos, and...it just seems like they are trying a bit too hard.

Their next album may be interesting though - I'm curious to see whether they'll move beyond what they've done so far, stylistically, and experiment with their own sound a tad more.

I gotta say..

I'm a bit hard pressed to find the difference in this and Bach/Skid Row material.

Bach sounds more metal-oriented to me. That song is heavier than the other tracks I've heard but I still don't think it sounds like Bach.

And I don't like when Bach uses this voice. I don't like his voice in any form, but that in particular gets on my nerves.

Decent solo in that song though compared to most of Bach's shred stuff.

ok, post a link of how you would want him singing, see if you can do a better job

I gotta say..

I'm a bit hard pressed to find the difference in this and Bach/Skid Row material.

Bach sounds more metal-oriented to me. That song is heavier than the other tracks I've heard but I still don't think it sounds like Bach.

And I don't like when Bach uses this voice. I don't like his voice in any form, but that in particular gets on my nerves.

ok, post a link of how you would want him singing, see if you can do a better job

He should sing more like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpVuogzmWhg

Not sure if you're playing tongue-in-cheek with this thread ER,but if not...I'm a bit surprised.

(??)

Wolfmother is okay to an extent - but I do agree somewhat with Mike Patton's assessment of them. :xmasssanta: He was a bit harsh, but his reaction to hearing their song was priceless.

I liked Woman at first, it's got a cool riff, but I listened to the rest of the album and nothing really caught my fancy; then I started watching some live videos, and...it just seems like they are trying a bit too hard.

Their next album may be interesting though - I'm curious to see whether they'll move beyond what they've done so far, stylistically, and experiment with their own sound a tad more.

you say wolfmother needs to experiment more, but you like the poor mans acdc?.

i liked my mike patton thread, priceless. :xmasssanta:

(??)

Yeah, I liked how you referred to him as a "fag." That was great.

You didn't do your research there - the reason Patton said he was working with a '60s-style Italian orchestra is because he was writing a soundtrack for a film and attempting to combine elements of Morricone into his OST to give it a retro effect to fit the mood and tone of the film. There's a difference between using various styles and copying something verbatim.

By the way, his soundtrack leaked last week and it's probably one of the best albums I've heard so far this year. It's trippy and experimental - it's got Morricone shit going on, then suddenly transforms into jazz, then into industrial Mr. Bungle shit...it's cool, and I'm not even a Patton fanboy.

Widen your horizons a bit.

FWIW, I never said I have anything against Wolfmother - I just only really like one of their songs - has nothing to do with my opinion of them personally.

Edited by Estranged Reality

(??)

You didn't do your research there - the reason Patton said he was working with a '60s-style Italian orchestra is because he was writing a soundtrack for a film and attempting to combine elements of Morricone into his OST to give it a retro effect to fit the mood and tone of the film. There's a difference between using various styles and copying something verbatim.

By the way, his soundtrack leaked last week and it's probably one of the best albums I've heard so far this year. It's trippy and experimental - it's got Morricone shit going on, then suddenly transforms into jazz, then into industrial Mr. Bungle shit...it's cool, and I'm not even a Patton fanboy.

FWIW, I never said I have anything against Wolfmother - I just only really like one of their songs - has nothing to do with my opinion of them personally.

it was a fun thread anyway you look at it :xmasssanta:

you have to hit that nerve first...before you can Widen your horizons, because you have to connect with something before you can explore it to the extent good music deserves.

oh and just for the record, i was just fucking around when i named you shittest poster on the forum :xmasssanta:

(??)

it was a fun thread anyway you look at it :xmasssanta:

you have to hit that nerve first...before you can Widen your horizons, because you have to connect with something before you can explore it to the extent good music deserves.

oh and just for the record, i was just fucking around when i named you shittest poster on the forum :xmasssanta:

It's all good man. Either way, I'd recommend downloading his new soundtrack. It's a bit out there, but if you can appreciate a lot of instrumental stuff, you might like it. There's some rock, some jazz, some orchestra, some vocals-only... bizarre stuff, but it's fun. It's been getting really good reviews which I'm happy about.

Trivia note: Danny DeVito is a massive fan of Mike Patton and had him perform at his birthday party. :rofl-lol:

I really can't see that friendship working.

I gotta say..

That was good for that kid, but Sebastion Bach, come on, get real. You can't be serious

I gotta say..

That was good for that kid, but Sebastion Bach, come on, get real. You can't be serious

Time to take your sarcasm detector in for its annual tune-up. :tongue2:

It sounds like there's potential -- a lot of problem with imitator bands is they don't have the chops, but the guitars sound pretty decent here. I just saw their video for the first time last night while going to sleep.

That single is painfully generic though.

And as much as I hate what Sebastian Bach has become, Slave To The Grind was pretty sweet :).

Edited by Ant

The best AC/DC ripoff would be The Cult's album Electric.

Read a funny story about that. Apparently The Cult came to Australia just before 'Electric' was released. Because of the bands previous work, the majority of people that turned up for the first show were goths, all dressed in black, and ready to do some moping.

Instead out steps a bare-chested Astbury, who screams about how good it is to be in the birthplace of Bon Scott, and launches into their new brand of cock-rock.

(??)

eww wolfmother :lol: