Slayer vs. Pantera

Death Star

Man I don't really like much Pantera, but I can appreciate Vulgar Display of Power on some days.

Slayer goes too far for me, though :). I need more melody than Death Metal provides!!! Not to mention the lame lyrical subjects and the vocal stylings (DEATH DEATH DIE DEATH PAIN /TORTURED THRASH SOLO). I suppose they deserve credit for their creative vision and for helping spawn an entire musical genre, but I can't get into it at all. That's just me though, and as much as I dislike Death Metal or whatever you want to call it, you could find a lot worse in the genre. A LOT!

Edited by Ant

i like slayer more. i enjoy theryre riffs more than pantera. and i really like tom araya's aggressive vocals. pantera are awesome though. they have a unique sound. i mean they do sound like thrash but theres something different about them. most of the thrash bands of the 80s sounded pretty similar but pantera sound different to me. dimes solos are way better than slayer's solos. the only slayer solo i like is the one in the seasons in the abyss song

i like slayer more. i enjoy theryre riffs more than pantera. and i really like tom araya's aggressive vocals. pantera are awesome though. they have a unique sound. i mean they do sound like thrash but theres something different about them. most of the thrash bands of the 80s sounded pretty similar but pantera sound different to me. dimes solos are way better than slayer's solos. the only slayer solo i like is the one in the seasons in the abyss song

Kerry King and Jeff Hennaman (or whatever the fuck his name is) jack their guitars off. That's what ruins the solos for me.

Kerry King and Jeff Hennaman (or whatever the fuck his name is) jack their guitars off. That's what ruins the solos for me.

lol. yeah its just sounds like they are playing random notes really fast. it doesnt even seem like theyre using scales

Edited by wheredowegonow