Saxophone

Vincent Vega

Where has that funky, sexy saxophone element gone in rock? It made the grittiest and most down and dirty songs sound even better. It was integral to some of the Stones' and Aerosmiths' best material. It even made deep songs like "Here I am on the Road Again" sound like pure sex. And yet no one integrates it into modern rock. Wtf man?

Where has that funky, sexy saxophone element gone in rock? It made the grittiest and most down and dirty songs sound even better. It was integral to some of the Stones' and Aerosmiths' best material. It even made deep songs like "Here I am on the Road Again" sound like pure sex. And yet no one integrates it into modern rock. Wtf man?

Buried.

Luckily....

Buried.

Luckily....

That's coming rrom a guy who is in love with a 45 singer with cornrows.

Buried.

Luckily....

That's coming from a guy who lives in 2008

Buried.

Luckily....

That's coming from a guy who lives in 2008

Note, I said where where has the rock element gone in rock, and this is a thread lamenting that it is not present in modern rock. So yes, I live in 2008 as well, but I don't masterbate to a middle aged singer or believe that one person can constitute an entire band.

Buried.

Luckily....

Better than a 14 girl.

Buried.

Luckily....

Better than a 14 girl.

Ooft! Burn!

Buried.

Luckily....

Better than a 14 girl.

I guess if cock is what you're into.

Buried.

Luckily....

Better than a 14 girl.

I guess if cock is what you're into.

Not right now, but at least that wouldn't be an offense :xmasssanta:

Sax solos!!!

I'm not sure but I think Aerosmith used them on tracks on Pump. It might have been Horns on that track Otherside.

I think something like The Blues could have a sax solo.

They definitely add something to piano songs like Elton and Billy Joel - that smoky club vibe.

I think there was horns on Move to tha City but I haven't heard a Sax on a GNR song...

Maybe U2 used them on Rattle & Hum.

The sax is like 80's style synth; you have to be careful how you use it to avoid coming off like a complete throwback. I don't doubt that in the right hands, it can be taken advantage of ingeniously. I believe some of Radiohead's experimental numbers utilize horns in completely unique ways. Cake's cover of I Will Survive is another good example, as is Mad Season's Long Gone Day. Then again, if you have a bunch of chumps trying to emulate their heroes from 40 years ago, that's like taking a flying fuck at a rolling donut.

"like taking a flying fuck at a rolling donut."

I have to try this out.

I think there is a Horns and Sax confusion?

Otherside by Aerosmith, that's horns I would say. GNR used a horn section on tour.

I think a Sax Solo was on Alburkeque by ABC. Or a song by Johnny Hates Jazz?

Bowie must have utilised a Sax at some point. Maybe on Young Americans?

Post Sax Solos in this thread.

• 3 weeks later...