Why is Trent fucking with GnR and its fans?

Randy Lahey

NIN fans and Trent couldn't care less about GNR. They see GNR as something irrelevant.

I don't think Trent is making a dig at GNR fans at all. Trent was just communicating with his fans, nothing else.

Trent cared enough to throw up GNR references in the past. I am sure from working with the guys from APC and now Robin, that Trent will get to hear plenty of wacky Axl stories. I will continue to like NIN until they give me reasons not to (and no, I don't consider Ghosts a reason plus they still put on a great live show)

Trent is promoting his music and communicating with his fans.

The word "SOON" is not copyrighted by Axl Rose as far as I know, and GNR fans are not the only ones who are eager to have news about their favorite band.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NIN fans and Trent couldn't care less about GNR. They see GNR as something irrelevant.

I don't think Trent is making a dig at GNR fans at all. Trent was just communicating with his fans, nothing else.

Trent cared enough to throw up GNR references in the past. I am sure from working with the guys from APC and now Robin, that Trent will get to hear plenty of wacky Axl stories. I will continue to like NIN until they give me reasons not to (and no, I don't consider Ghosts a reason plus they still put on a great live show)

Trent is promoting his music and communicating with his fans.

The word "SOON" is not copyrighted by Axl Rose as far as I know, and GNR fans are not the only ones who are eager to have news about their favorite band.

A lot of us on here are fans of both bands. Trent has been playing games with Axl for far too long. Stealing Axl's guitar player when we're "hopefully" on the verge of Chinese Democracy, and posting a dig at The GnR nation... while that's the last straw!! Axl, either Robin is with you or he's against you!! It's high time you directed a rant towards Robin and Trent.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Trent's just scared that Axl is going to do tecno industrial classic rock and destroy his career. Marilyn Manson kinda destroyed Trent's career for a bit. Now he's on a break, NIN can come back. But if Axl brings goth rock back the masses Trent will be back opening for David Bowie.

Don't you guys remember when Trent tried to make it look like he had stolen Richard Fortus?

I don't really give a fuck what Trent does, if hes having fun then cool.

As for Axl firing back, why bother, no reason to keep a silly game going.Axl is the reason people take pot shots.

A good rock n' roll feud would help both Trent and Axl sell albums and tickets. People dig schism!!

This statement on NIN is a direct dig at GNR.

http://www.nin.com/

We have some tour info coming... SOON (I know you love that word) as well as some other info about something else, too.

I can't believe Robin is letting Trent take shots at Axl, New GnR, and GNR fans. Robin, what happened to your conscience?

Hello. Paranoid schizo much?

It takes a VERY self centered and selfish schizo to somehow manage to draw a conclusion that "Trent is fucking with us111!" from something like him saying " we have tour info coming oon" :rofl-lol:

World doesnt spin around newGnr and it's fan community you know.

It is very safe to assume Trent Reznor didn't sacrifice a single fucking thought to newGnr,Axl,GNR fans or you when updating his own website with valid Nin news. Come on.

Did it even occur to you that he says "Soon(i know you love that word) " because he has been using it a lot himself in past,followed by varying results and release schedules?

With your precious " OUT TO GET ME!!!" attitude, I'm sure you can find people fucking with GNR all over the place.

Everytime CNN has headlines involving weapons or flowers..it's not really news, right? It's just them fucking with GNR fans?

....The 10+ years of cockteasting by Axl and his CD was/is a very irresponsible thing to do. It's affecting some sort of collective sanity of GNR community. I'm being dead serious here.

Honestly, everyone and anyone who believes Trent Reznor is " fucking with GNR and it's fans" when he opts to use word "soon" needs to take a little break from everything GNR related.

Edited by LTD

Trent just stole Axl's guitarist and he has a history of posting stuff on his website to fuck with GNR.

He has a history of posting several hundreds of photos taken by either himself, Rob Sheridan or some other part of Nin's live machine. Some of them are Big Important Official photos, some are just stupid photos, some have been taken for fun, some are 100% meaningless.

And what, 1 or 2 of all thse photos have been some Chinse Democracy inside jokes/stabs at Robin/whatever. From this, we can draw the conclusion that only reason Trent Reznor posts Nin related news to nin.com is that he wants to fuck with GNR fans??!

Come on.

Again, thats just paranoid and self centered.

Axl Rose hasn't bought exclusive rights to word " Soon"

Majority of artists of any kind who are following a release schedule of a sort keep using it?

The particular quote you are raving about was a bit ironic stab at himself and nothing more; like someone said earlier, nin-fans have their own soon-culture going. Very similiar to one GNR fans have.

Edited by LTD

You can believe whatever you like man. The bottom line is that Robin Finck needs to man up and give us a statement.

I thought bottom line was "Trent Reznor using word "soon"=fucking with GNR and it's fans."

Edited by LTD

No offence randy but your completely over reacting to this.

It may be a dig but even if it is its not an all out declaration of war. This seems less about trent and more about Robin if you ask me, people want answers and without them they now see Trent as the villain when really at worst hes being mischievous.

Trent just stole Axl's guitarist and he has a history of posting stuff on his website to fuck with GNR.

Yup! You are kind of right.

he even stole the drummer ;) so trent was pissed a bit...

but being honest...its a weird triangle actually...

in the early 90s axl wore a charles manson shirt on tour and covered a song by this bastard...then trent recorded an album in the tate/polanski house and took the pig door with him after some weird experiences in the slaughterhouse...then axl stole freese and finck...then there was a guy called marilyn manson....blahblahblah

If you people think Trent cares enough about Axl to be posting cryptic messages about his own work for his own fans on his own site, you're freakin' paranoid!

Trent is referring to the fact that he has been saying the presale information would be up "soon" for a few weeks now.

Jesus, this thread is hilarious.

OH MY GOD! THERE ARE FOUR MORE JABS AT AXL UP ON NIN.COM RIGHT NOW!!!!111 :anger:

Lots going on!

Some of you may have heard a new Nine Inch Nails track on your radio today. You can download your own copy of the track RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW for free.

Take your shirt off and dance to it!

REMIX it!

Enjoy.

"Lots going on" is a direct attack on how there is NOTHING going on in GNR!

Next, he put up a download on the site and how you could get it on the radio because he is fucking with Axl about how radio stations played better before being threatoned with lawsuits because the album wasn't out!

By saying you could download it for free, he is referencing the CD leaks.

When he says "Take off your shit and dance to it," he is making fun of how Axl was flabby back in 2001-2002.

I can't believe this jerk! It's as if Trent Reznor is obsessed with Axl Rose. His entire career is just to fuck with Axl and his fans! Lame!

Edited by ozzfan84