New Metallica Single Today

GNR=Greatness

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this has to be the worst metallica song i heard , how can rick rubin let this be? the man who fucking created slayer!.

sounds like there trying to tone into a fade in black/sanitarium atmosphere but this is absoloute shit

vocals are rubbish , lack melody and feel , the guitars are mundane and sound like a garage band is trying to re create a metallica band.

embarrasing.

COME ON! YOU PEOPLE HAVE TO BE JOKING! Have you listened to Load? Reload? St.Anger? All alternative crap with no thrash and shitty solos. Now we have a song that CLEARLY returns to thrash, has an amazing solo, and sounds kickass. Ofcourse they aren't gonna sound like their 80's self, Master of Puppets was perfection (song and album) but for 20 years later this is very very very impressive.

COME ON! YOU PEOPLE HAVE TO BE JOKING! Have you listened to Load? Reload? St.Anger? All alternative crap with no thrash and shitty solos. Now we have a song that CLEARLY returns to thrash, has an amazing solo, and sounds kickass. Ofcourse they aren't gonna sound like their 80's self, Master of Puppets was perfection (song and album) but for 20 years later this is very very very impressive.

Yeah, I'm with you - I dig it

I know! It kicks way more ass than St. Anger. The song reminds me of The Unforgiven (original) with a mix of Sanitarium and Fade to Black.

no its not...its like Diet metallica....not that good...take the blinders off...

I also cant understand why the production of the guitars/vox/drums is so crappy...

I have to admit that I was 99.9% sure this was going to suck big time, but it kicks major ass. Rick Rubin must be commended for doing the impossible-bringing a band back from the dead. If I had a hat, I would be eating it for dinner.

I had really low expectations for this but I must admit that I'm digging this tune. The vocals and lyrics aren't that great but the guitar playing is. Nice to hear a guitar solo without an Elephant noise in it. If Shackler's Dinner had a solo like this on it we'd have a slammin tune.

Edited by Randy Lahey

It's not bad. Doesn't seem memorable enough to be a single though...

I think the worst thing is the vocal melodies -- the guitar tones are great but the solo wasn't spectacular either. Cyanide was more interesting.

Edit: Speaking of The Unforgiven, did you see The Unforgiven Three on the DM tracklist? I thought that was funny :).

Edited by Ant

meh...s'alright

At least St. Anger sounded like the band in the here and now,not 4 guys in their 40's pretending it's 1983.

Kinda sounded like a really good Metallica tribute band.

Some Kind of Monster is a heavier tune than this...

This songs eats shacklers revenge for dinner.

Very good song. Good bless metallica!! they are BACK!!

Oh christ no.

Its OK - but better than SR?

Wait until you get a clear and final version of SR - it will blow your mind!

*Damn, I sound a bit like Bach there*

Meh...its not a bad song SR. I recognize its the only song of NU GNR with BALLS. But still, to industrial for me and the solo is shit.

This songs eats shacklers revenge for dinner.

Very good song. Good bless metallica!! they are BACK!!

I cant listen to the new Metallica song....I have to skip the first 4 minutes :sleeper: to get to the good stuff.....

I don't know why this song is 8 minutes? ...maybe they realized the fact that the song sucks and added another 4 minutes of Jam just to wake up those falling to sleep? :lol:

Edited by Funeral