Killers - Day & Age

Dead Flower

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god, what a shit video. Did they hire a retard to direct?

This is the greatest music video of all time, though multiple degenerative disorders surely contributed to its conceptualization. Personally, I would have done anything to have heard the director's pitch, which likely amounted to: "Pirates, Power Rangers, and the biggest fucking wedding cake on the planet.."

As long as Brandon has his wings, I will never fear the dark.. :wub:

-Kickingthehabit

Should I get this album? I've heard a few songs from it, and I just recently discovered how magical Sams Town is although Im not a big fan of Hot Fuss. How does this one stack up?

To be honest I think the first two albums are the best, and Day & Age doesnt quite live up to their standards for me...

Also, I've noticed that with all The Killers albums, I've enjoyed say five or six tracks, and found the rest to be utter garbage :tongue2:

• 2 weeks later...

There is much heated discussion about the comments made by Brandon 'Neon Tiger' Flowers on the main board. Reading negative comments about Brandon makes me very upset, so I've decided to bump this thread to make me feel better.

This album just keeps getting better with age! I'd now rank it just slightly higher than Sam's Town. Sam's Town is incredible and features my two favourite songs by the band (WYWY and Read My Mind) but Day & Age just has a more mature vibe about it and is less overblown. 13 brilliantly crafted pop songs!

atm, I'd rank them like this:

Losing Touch

Human

I Can't Stay

Tidal Wave

A Dustland Fairytale

Spaceman

Goodnight, Travel Well

Forget About What I Said

The World We Live In

A Crippling Blow

Joy Ride

Neon Tiger

This Is Your Life

Losing Touch couldn't be more perfect, imo. The lyrics, the vocals, the bass, the guitar in the outro.

I Can't Stay has been the big grower for me. I used to skip it, but now it's probably the first song I go to when I listen to the album.

It's criminal that Tidal Wave wasn't on the album and is only available as an iTunes bonus track. It contains everything I love about Brandon.

It hurts to have Joy Ride so low, but that's just because the album is so strong.

Excellent list. I'm so pleased to know you're learning to accept I Can't Stay in your life! That gorgeous chord change right before Brandon's "majesty at my doorstep" line is what I love most about The Killers. It's amazing how they can abruptly change a song's tempo with a new, soaring melody that compliments everything so perfectly. This kind of orgasmic crescendo technique was used a lot more frequently on Sam's Town: think the outro to Bling (Confessions of a King), which is absolutely stunning and uplifting and so powerful..

My personal favorite off the album is A Dustland Fairytale, which narrates the emotional story of how Brandon's parents first met and how his family was torn apart due to his mother's present day cancer. "Now Cinderella, don't you go to sleep.." is one of the most heartbreaking pleas I've ever heard committed to song..

-Kickingthehabit

I'm completely addicted to the chorus from Losing Touch more than anything else. "Now you got lost, but you found your way back home, you sold your soul...". I normally don't do this but I keep rewinding the song to listen to that one part!

Killers playing Glasgow sold out quickly so I'm considering whether to spend a shitload on tickets from people outside the gig or not.

I'm completely addicted to the chorus from Losing Touch more than anything else. "Now you got lost, but you found your way back home, you sold your soul...". I normally don't do this but I keep rewinding the song to listen to that one part!

Killers playing Glasgow sold out quickly so I'm considering whether to spend a shitload on tickets from people outside the gig or not.

Na,just wait for U2 to play hampden again?!

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe not the best album of 08, but easily my favorite. Unbelievable that they were able to pull this off after Hot Fuss and Sam's Town. eAsily the best band of the decade, and if they keep it up, they'll be one of my all time favorites. Heck, they've already topped gnr imo. Maybe I should start trying to become a regular on a Killers forum. lol. Oh and I agree with peoples love for "I can't Stay." It's easily my favorite track on the album, and "Dustland Fairytale" is a close second. Brandon Flowers=almost God