Gallagher says Oasis are on par with the Rolling Stones

ComaBreak

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there definately the best band since the beatles, zep, stones etc....definately

Are you serious?

yeh, well there the best british band since 1990's to current...theres no one really challenging them accept for the likes of the enemy, kasabian, arctic monkeys...maybe the libertines but they only released the two albums

Massive Attack.

Oasis should just fuck off, they had one good album and now they won't go away.

Two good albums, Funky. Two. He is saying that everyone knows Oasis as opposed to "Our new album buries Exile On Main St." or whatever, but it's more to do with the fact that Noel always talks himself and his band up. He calls himself a genius. Talk about believing your hype from 13 friggin' years ago eh? Oasis themselves have got a GN'R situation on their hands as well, it's only Noel and Liam from the Definitely Maybe/Morning Glory days anyway, so if you wanna know why they suck now....

Oasis was never a band in the same sense as GN'R though... Noel did all the songwriting on every album up until Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants and Liam's the vocalist so the other's are largely irrelevant in a sense that Izzy, Slash and Duff never were.

They are a similiar type of band. Oasis do have a set list to rival the Stones and keep putting out quality music. Do they have a Gimme Shelter or Can't Always Get What You Want?

Technically they may have but quotes like that make you want them not to. They are, as you say, cunts.

If you list a Stones Greatest Hits Oasis can match them all the way. I think Manic Street Preachers are better than both so LOLZ

I actually liked Oasis a little bit until I started looking into them more. I realized what twats the Gallagher brothers are, which turned me off. Some alright songs, lots of shit, very overrated. Plus, they aren't nearly as big in the US as they are in the UK. They're looking at as a more poppy rock group than a rock and roll band.

Oasis fans keep showing my videos or songs from Oasis that they claim are pretty much the end-all, be-all of music. And all they ever wind up being is mediocre. Almost. I'm not comparing their two styles, but just in terms of quality of music, these supposedly great Oasis songs are somewhere around equivalent to Eddie Money. It's okay, sort of, but if it never existed it wouldn't be any big scar on the history of rock 'n' roll, and perhaps if it never existed we could all get to the better songs on the radio just a little bit faster.

Thats like Axl''s Solo band aka Guns N Roses saying that too and not even close.

Just cause americans don't like oasis does not make them a bad band.

And they are the best band out there since the 1990's they sold over 600,000 tickets in a few hours

not bad hey,

How many of you even read the article? He says they are comparable on terms of recognition, and the sense that when you go and see them live you know what you'll be getting, they are also similar in that despite declining album sales they can still fill stadiums without breaking a sweat. They have ceased to be relevant to current music, but are still a popular band with dare I say it, a nostalgia orientated fanbase.

Perfectly valid comparison.

Oasis should just fuck off, they had one good album and now they won't go away.

Two good albums, Funky. Two. He is saying that everyone knows Oasis as opposed to "Our new album buries Exile On Main St." or whatever, but it's more to do with the fact that Noel always talks himself and his band up. He calls himself a genius. Talk about believing your hype from 13 friggin' years ago eh? Oasis themselves have got a GN'R situation on their hands as well, it's only Noel and Liam from the Definitely Maybe/Morning Glory days anyway, so if you wanna know why they suck now....

Oasis was never a band in the same sense as GN'R though... Noel did all the songwriting on every album up until Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants and Liam's the vocalist so the other's are largely irrelevant in a sense that Izzy, Slash and Duff never were.

I know what your saying but a band should always keep original members as much as possible. Whether they are songwriters or not is not relevant IMO.

I definitely agree with you, I'm just saying it doesn't affect the music, sound, image etc as much as Slash, Izzy and Duff leaving GN'R... Oasis have always been about the Gallaghers, but I do agree with you.