Axl Rose Chat #6 - mygnrforum - Dec. 14, 2008

why is it some of you slashites(and dont get me wrong in a big slash fan) feel the need to take sides?? slash isnt perfect...there probably is alot of truth in Axls post...

yet somehow Slash's book must be all true right??

just take it for what it is...a different version of the same story....

i'm pretty sure it's because most Slashites are pissed off because a great Guns N' Roses album was released without any contributions from Slash and they all wanted Axl to fail

Could very probably be true. A lot of the people crying for a reunion and a lot of the diehard Slashites have probably at one time or the other wished that Chinese Democracy would fail so that it could set things up for a reunion. After the music that we got and having heard Axl speak, people should just let things be and take whatever happens for the good. Stop wishing that other people live their lives according to your fantasies; it would make life easier/happier for you.

Edited by The Archer

Thanks for taking the time to clear up what has been a very controversial subject Axl. I'm sure you could be kept busy with years of homework (lol), but in spite of some initial hangups - I think this format really kicked ass.

Congratulations for pulling through and getting CD out. That is an inspiration I think we can all look to as we head into some really funky times with the economy, etc. Have a great Christmas and New Years rock3

In his posts over the past few days, Axl goes on and on now about how not-really-a-band the old GN'R was, how they didn't get along with anything, how there were secret ambitions and plots and politics right from the outset, and tones down the musical accomplishments to a point where we are to think they are insignificant compared to Chinese Democracy.

I love Axl, but the way he has responded has just made me very upset...to try and erase what put you on the map, it's despicable of anyone. Slash is just as in the wrong, but that's just it. It's a 50-50 split, and neither of them can see that. It doesn't take a genius, or someone who was even there. The very fact that they're on entire polar opposites implies that there is some middle ground they are both choosing to ignore.

And does anyone else find Axl's VERY long defense on why he kept the name Guns N' Roses just.......off? I appreciate the man offering his genuine opinion, but it doesn't matter what band it is...if it gets to the point where there is just one of the people left, then it is not the same band of people, and therefore requires a different identity. Guns N' Roses is not a survival story for anyone but Axl, and that makes it AXL'S survival story, not Guns N' Roses.

Edited by GNR_92

why is it some of you slashites(and dont get me wrong in a big slash fan) feel the need to take sides?? slash isnt perfect...there probably is alot of truth in Axls post...

yet somehow Slash's book must be all true right??

just take it for what it is...a different version of the same story....

i'm pretty sure it's because most Slashites are pissed off because a great Guns N' Roses album was released without any contributions from Slash and they all wanted Axl to fail

Could very probably be true. A lot of the people crying for a reunion and a lot of the diehard Slashites have probably at one time or the other wished that Chinese Democracy would fail so that it could set things up for a reunion. After the music that we got and having heard Axl speak, people should just let things be and take whatever happens for the good. Stop wishing that other people live their lives according to your fantasies, would make life easier/happier for you.

Don't what a Slashites is but I love Slash, love Axl to. But I believe you see me as a Slashites and I can tell you that I hoped so much for this album but it didn't make as good as I hoped for. I wanted this band to be as big as old Guns n' Roses or even bigger and that everybody would love the music. That is clearly not the case!

Edited by agno

Thanks for taking the time to clear up what has been a very controversial subject Axl. I'm sure you could be kept busy with years of homework (lol), but in spite of some initial hangups - I think this format really kicked ass.

Congratulations for pulling through and getting CD out. That is an inspiration I think we can all look to as we head into some really funky times with the economy, etc. Have a great Christmas and New Years rock3

What makes you believe that the issue is "cleared up"?? :rolleyes:

One of the best post since a while.

Axl, just please stop making all negative comments about the old line-up and all positive comment about the ´current line-up´.

Please, just remeber that you became famous WITH those guy´s: if you wouldn´t have been in a band with Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven, than there wouldn´t have been a GN´R forum and people would have never heard of you (atleast not the way, you are recognized know)

Axl, just please stop making all negative comments about the old line-up and all positive comment about the ´current line-up´.

Please, just remeber that you became famous WITH those guy´s: if you wouldn´t have been in a band with Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven, than there wouldn´t have been a GN´R forum and people would have never heard of you (atleast not the way, you are recognized know)

Wow, the two of you are retarded. Please lock ;)

I don't know if you've been on these forums for years but that's a debate that has been dabated over and over again. I think it's cool for Axl to explain why he kept the name, even though we didn't need to hear it he could have kept it to himself but he decided to share that with us.

I think it's a damn cool thing to do and not just because he's Axl Rose but because it's great to hear some answers about subjects that have been talked about at nausium.

What makes you believe that the issue is "cleared up"?? :rolleyes:

exactly,

Cause how the fuck do you know that Axl is telling the truth and not Slash, Izzy, Duff, Matt? Do you really think that ALL the other people are lying against Axl?

please.... you can't go more ass-kissing than this

And Axl, before you're going to make more negative comments about the old line-up:

Please remeber that you became famous WITH those guys: if you wouldn´t have been in a band with Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven, than there wouldn´t have been a GN´R forum and people would have never heard of you (atleast not the way, you are recognized know)

Edited by saulhudson88

Wow, the two of you are retarded. Please lock ;)

:rofl-lol:

In his posts over the past few days, Axl goes on and on now about how not-really-a-band the old GN'R was, how they didn't get along with anything, how there were secret ambitions and plots and politics right from the outset, and tones down the musical accomplishments to a point where we are to think they are insignificant compared to Chinese Democracy.

I love Axl, but the way he has responded has just made me very upset...to try and erase what put you on the map, it's despicable of anyone. Slash is just as in the wrong, but that's just it. It's a 50-50 split, and neither of them can see that. It doesn't take a genius, or someone who was even there. The very fact that they're on entire polar opposites implies that there is some middle ground they are both choosing to ignore.

And does anyone else find Axl's VERY long defense on why he kept the name Guns N' Roses just.......off? I appreciate the man offering his genuine opinion, but it doesn't matter what band it is...if it gets to the point where there is just one of the people left, then it is not the same band of people, and therefore requires a different identity. Guns N' Roses is not a survival story for anyone but Axl, and that makes it AXL'S survival story, not Guns N' Roses.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showto...15&start=15

No offense, but Axl sounds bitter as fuck. Especially about Slash. We're supposed to believe that everything that has happened is someone else's fault and EVERYTHING we've been told about him are all lies.

I think the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

exactly

Cause he says that everything that had happend was someones elses fault, that he did nothing.

He says that Slash' wanted to save his face; Axl is doing the same thing at the moment: blaming someone else

What's the reason that (in order): Izzy, Slash, Duff and Matt left the band??

Yes, because of Axl: he was the dictator of GN'R.

Save face? If that was what Axl was doing, he would have done it years ago.

No, cause now he has released an album under the GN'R name, that's not even coming close to the quality of the old GN'R records (you can disagree with me but you know it's true)

And now many people are blaming Axl that he had kept the name; and now he wants to make clear that it didn't mind Slash

Know it's true? Wtf is wrong with you dude? If I new that was true I'd say it.

Alot of the stuff on Chinese are of better quality than alot of what's on the illusion albums. The illusions have some really poor songs, ChiDem doens not have 1 of does.

That "you know it's true crap" pushes the wrong button with me, cause it says you actually, and truely, believe you are right, and you could'nt be more wrong!

GREAT read Axl, can't thank you enough for this. Really great to hear you side of what went down.

Too me, Slash is about the fame. He tries to hang on to the "guitar hero" thing to bad.

Some might sat he's a sellout, atleast theese last years musically.

I respect Slash to death for his work, and I can't wait to se him perform with Fergie (?!) this summer.

Why cant people see it really wasnt all roses behind the scenes. There was alotta dysfunction and Axl is just telling the truth. He hasnt done anything that slash hasnt-commenting on the inner tension-so just accept the past was what it was.