Axl Rose Chat #6 - mygnrforum - Dec. 14, 2008

why is it some of you slashites(and dont get me wrong in a big slash fan) feel the need to take sides?? slash isnt perfect...there probably is alot of truth in Axls post...

yet somehow Slash's book must be all true right??

just take it for what it is...a different version of the same story....

i'm pretty sure it's because most Slashites are pissed off because a great Guns N' Roses album was released without any contributions from Slash and they all wanted Axl to fail

That's just stupid. Just because someone misses Slash being in GNR doesn't mean they wanted Axl to fail. :rolleyes:

i didnt say they all did, i said most of them did

I guess some people here would regard me as a 'Slashite' ... but I've always praised the current GnR where I felt they deserved praise ... so I'm in the middle in reality ...

the thing is ... I'm happy to admit that Axl HAS released a great album, and that it contains no contributions from Slash (My all time favorite guitarist), and I still love it. I also do not care about the name Guns N' Roses being argued over anymore ... I got over it. People here really should too.

Look. Guns N' Roses, in it's old format was and is my favorite band ... ever. Hands down. Reason being. My favorite guitarist of all time and my favorite singer of all time are both in it. They both created my favorite music. Chinese is an awesome continuation of Axl's work and I love it a lot ... but I can also appreciate other music including VR ... The whole argument here over who is right and who is wrong sounds like you lot are all trying to fucking fix Axl's legal issues for him. I mean ... wtf ... stop bitching about it. The idea behind Axl's post was to simply clarify his side of the story. Does it have to turn into a bitching session?

Axl was always shown as a villain by the media! FACT

And rightfully so. Were Slash or Izzy responsible for the lyrics to the song "One in a Million" ?

I'm sure that Axl Rose will pretend in his next message that those lyrics IN FACT have been written by Slash, because Slash is evil and he was trying to take over GNR... :rolleyes:

lol you know what,after reading this Axl's homework,i took a shower,then the song "one in a million" suddenly popped up in my mind and i don't know why! if ppl must be labeled than i think i belong to the Slash's side,but after these days i don't care'bout the whole argument anymore,about who's right who's wrong,about the GNR is now Axl's solo band or not...Axl is really cool,i love C.D,meanwhile i hope the VR boys could get a frontman ASAP,i just love all the music from both GNR and VR.

leave the argument be,at least you guys could have the cd of C.D which is banned from where i live! :shrugs: and BTW,happy holiday for everyone.

i'm pretty sure it's because most Slashites are pissed off because a great Guns N' Roses album was released without any contributions from Slash and they all wanted Axl to fail

1) It's not Guns N'Roses.

2) It's not a great album.

3) Axl Rose failed. Take a look at the charts.

BAWWW.jpg

Mods, do your job please and dispose of this fool.

If you want that sort of thing go post at HTGTH.

1) It's not Guns N'Roses.

2) It's not a great album.

3) Axl Rose failed. Take a look at the charts.

BAWWW.jpg

Mods, do your job please and dispose of this fool.

If you want that sort of thing go post at HTGTH.

Nah, LSB is right, if Roky keeps his trolling up, he'll be outta here. :)

Keep it up Roky!

W. Axl Rose,

Greetings from near Toronto, Canada! Hope you're doing well these days :)

You rock, and if not for you, I would have no real knowledge of music. I walked into an arcade when I was fourteen and saw the Welcome to the Jungle video playing, and that opened my eyes to ALL music--it's been my life ever since.

My question is...

What the fuck would it take for you to be willing to just talk to Saul Hudson aka Slash again? Not reunite musically. Just talk. Slog it out, as it were. Yeah, yeah, you have nothing to say to each other... You two have 23 years of crap and counting to sort out. You wonder why the public has such interest in this whole soap opera? Because it's precisely that, a soap opera. You two gotta transcend your problems and quit blaming the other one so exclusively.

Not for the sake of bringing back a long-gone era of Guns N' Roses, but for the sake of human decency. I would ask the exact same thing of Slash if this were him answering questions on this board.

Trust me, I know a little something on this issue. There was someone I was once pretty close to with who did terrible things to me and basically tried to warp me, with whom I became estranged from and didn't speak with for a LONG time, and had no desire to have any connection with...and he kept doing things to make my life hell even when I had no direct communication with him. He ended up killing himself, and now any chance for fixing up the YEARS of shit that went down are gone. So I know a bit about that sort of situation.

The person was my father, actually. So. I'm not some punk jerk-off fan who is just whining to you...I'm on the other side of the bridge you're walking over, and my piece of advice: Go find a better bridge, with a greener pasture on the other side.

Peace, W.A.R.

Edited by GNR_92

youre the man axl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank a lot, it seems like you feel relieved for writing this and is nice you let it go with us, the ones that really cares about everything that had happened since the breakup... we support you, the brand, the name, an ofcourse, the music.

please, go on.

-Jungle

-SCOM

-Paradise

-RQ

-Think About You

-Out Ta Get Me.

I think we know for sure Axl wrote those songs.

CO-wrote.

I am not having a pop ... just saying ... he co-wrote them. Fucking awesome tunes ... :)

Oh, I know it was colobrative effort.

I was just saying don't dis-credit him for lyrics.

That'd be like saying yeah Izzy made a cool riff here and there.

So let’s start here… the whole Axl wouldn’t go on stage yada yada… is complete and utter crap.

Never happened, all made up, fallacy and fantasy. Not one single solitary thread of truth to it. Had that been the case I would’ve have been cremated years ago legally, could’ve cleaned me out for the name and damages. It's called under duress with extenuating circumstances. In fact the time that was mentioned the attorneys were all in Europe with us dealing with Adler depositions.

Couldn't talk sooner as it could have jeopardized whatever nonsense was going on.

When Guns renegotiated our contract with Geffen I had the bit about the name added in as protection for myself as I had come up with the name and then originally started the band with it. It had more to do with management than the band as our then manager was always tryin’ to convince someone they should fire me. As I had stopped speaking with him he sensed his days were numbered and was bending any ear he could along with attempting to sell our renegotiation out for a personal payday from Geffen.

Happy Holidays. :xmassrudolph:

Axl-

Wow, that was a crazy long post and pretty much contradicted so much of what we've heard in the media and through the other guys involved over the years. This isn't a response specifically just to the section i quoted, but that has been a key component to alot of the discussions I've been involved with at this board because that's been the public statement on things for so long, "Axl made us sign away the name or he was gonna quit".

I personally took that as the basis for alot of my opinions here on this forum when the subject of moving on with a new band came up. That pretty much nullfies a good chunk of my posts here because i was working off false information I got from interviews by Slash or articles by those supposedly in the know. So my apologies on those posts, and a number of other issues about things like being solo and what not. Because you were so private all these years when these things came out I started to believe alot of them. When VR began to fall apart and the way things went down with Scott, that's when i began to realize that maybe it wasn't all Axl as we've read over the years.

There is way too much bitterness among fans of GNR when it comes to old vs. current and I'm glad you came directly to us, the fans when you chose to adress all things guns, it gives unfiltered insight and interaction that we could never have had you done an interview with RS or something. I can't wait to read more, this being just the tip of the iceberg and all.

I would ask some questions but I don't want to be repetitive with what others have asked so I'll wait till you start discussion topics but I will say this, I hope you guys release the version of KOHD you do live cause it's just fantastic.

Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Edited by Nightcrawler

Firstly, Slash is a great guitarist, no question, but there have been better...Shit just listen to Led Zeppelin or Free for god sake...not meaning to offend anyone here, but I feel as a guitarist Slash is amazing, but there have been and ARE better. Hendrix anyone??? Of course, it comes down to personal tastes I guess, and in reality noone can be wrong. You like what you like, how can that be wrong?

Secondly, Im not saying Slash is telling the truth, and Im not saying that Axl is telling the truth. Infact Im thinking that, as with all things, both sides are telling the truth as they see it (obviously with some of the events spoken about by Slash and Axl someone is not being truthful, but I honestly dont give a rats ass) and its about damned time that Axl got to tell his side of things, and it made for a very interesting read.

Thirdly, if Axl does come back here and read ALL these posts (though how he'd have time to do so is beyond me) Id like to address this to him... Id just like to say that its been a long time coming, and its fucking awsome to finally have your side of the story...And all of what you have said makes perfect sense. Ive been waiting for your side of the shit since the Illusions GnR split because a lot of what I heard from Slash and others was pretty harsh, and I knew that that was just one side of the story. I give you props for both having the patience to wait this long and the courage to let us finally have your side...As for Chinese Democracy, if GnR keep evolving and producing this same high standard of rock then Im thinking GnR will be a force to be reckoned with long after the BS is long forgotten.

Axl,

A less-controversial question here :)

Didddd something happen to your voice in the late 90s that kept you from singing a lot? ie. an injury of some sort? Let's not kid ourselves, your voice when you came back on tour in 2001 sounded like it hadn't been used in a little while? By '02 it was starting to come back, but those 01 shows and beginning of 02 was a little sketchy.

You sounded AWESOME on tour in 06 and 07!! So looks like the voice has returned quite a bit. Good for you, hope it stays that way for years to come!

Edited by GNR_92

Hi Axl,

I know I am a little late but holy shit man this is fucking awesome! you have no idea how much we all love it when you tell us your side of the story! It is so cool to actually know what is going on with your favorite band/musician! Keep rocking axl!!

Thank you so much!!!

Thanks for being a real man about all this Axl. These people don't understand what it actually is to be in a band (well, at least the ones with the more ignorant comments). They can say what they want behind a screen. Funny thing is, most want Slash back. IMO, you do what you do and keep that train a rollin baby. All these people that say bright intelligent things have never known the real truth, and I think its funny when in your chat the other night you said there's a lot of shit that people wouldn't want to hear. Of course they wouldn't! No one wants to hear the truth, they want just another controversy bro. Everyones out for blood. I know your gonna keep your head up because there are two types a guns fans. The ones that love the old line up, bitch and complain, then there are the ones that realize that life goes on. I'm one of the latter and a lot of other people here are too. P.S. whoever the other day said that Guns should cover "Watching the Wheels" by John Lennon was absolutely correct. What a perfect song.

The band (Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steve) wrote most of the music. Each member's contribution varied depending on the song. Their work was amazing.

Axl wrote most of the lyrics and vocal melodies. They were amazing.

New Guns or VR will never match the work done by the old band. They were that great, and it's ashame that there seems no chance of reconciliation, of perhaps revisiting that awesomeness. One of my dreams is to see those mofos up there on stage again, and to have them crank out one more album (isn't there an album from 1996 that was almost done?).

We should respect them all for the work that we love. Not say "fuck Axl", or "fuck Slash". No, fuck you! No one who calls themselves a fan of GN'R should utter this crap.

End of story. Support new GN'R or old GN'R or VR or not, criticism is fine, I've leveled my share, but at least respect the guys who are the reason we are here on this forum to begin with.

Edited by KBear

Hi Axl,

I hope you have to time to answer the following question:

I know you weren't a fan of Kurt Cobain back in the early 90's. But it's evident Kurt's death had a great impact on music culture. What are your opinions of Kurt now and has his music influenced/inspired you in your creative process?

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule for this.

Cheers and merry xmas,

Phil

Thank you axl!! I/we(fans) really appreciate that you took the time to clear this hole thing up and also that you answer all our Q's! What a nice xmas we'll have, the Album and Axl rose speaking directly to his fans!

I really don't know how to express how thankful I am! Keep on rocking and it's great to know that we were able to talk to you after all the crap that was said out there! Remember that somethigs can change, but not us!

Thank you Axl very very much! Mary xmas and have a happy new year!!

wishes & hopes for 09! And remember.... your music means a lot to us!

From Argentina Jafi!

Edited by Jafi GN'R