Axl Rose Chat #6 - mygnrforum - Dec. 14, 2008

I think it's safe to say that the Axl/Slash relationship was WAY more complex than anyone could have imagined

And that Slash will not be re-joining Gnr anytime soon

This was fascinating to read

I can't help but think that it must've been killing Axl to keep silent all of these years on this shit

solely judging on his post it was....

Gunsguy

MYGNR_AXL_CONCERT_1.jpg

Is this hairstyle comfortable? Like would you recommend it, practically speaking? (honest question)

Badass pic though.

Speaking from experience, yes. It is comfortable. I usually have my hair in a ponytail, though. When it's loose, it can be a pain in the ass. Having long hair in a ponytail gives you all the benefits of having a full mane and a buzz cut at the same time.

He claimed that alcohol and smoking both would fuck up his voice. That doesn't mean he's going to give two shits about it. He is a rock star after all. And given all of the shit that has happened over the years, I will never truly believe Axl or any of them unless they can provide actual proof. Remember the "letter to the fans" claiming the album would be released in March 2007? Only took a year and a half longer for it to finally be released. :rofl-lol: But what I find insanely unfortunate in this is that instead of skepticism for all parties involved, the media fed one side of the story to the public. Their job is to report all sides of the story. They failed miserably in this regard and showed just how much of an agenda they have against Axl. If you think Axl has received a fair shake from the media and the public regarding the breakup of the band, then I've got oceanfront property in Arizona to sell to you.

What exactly do you expect the media to do when one side is willing to give his version and the other side isn't? Not allow Slash to tell his side until if/when Axl was ready to tell his? That's not how it works. The fact is, there was one person who wanted to share his experiences and one who didn't. It's ridiculous to fault the media or the public for that.

They oh-so-quickly believed every word Slash said, as if a drug addict is a 100% accurate source on ANYTHING, even the shit happening in his own life. Reading his book, it's a miracle he didn't get himself killed with how he was going through life every day on drugs. Fact is, Axl was always viewed as a huge prick thanks in part to his own actions and the actions of the media. And when Slash/Duff decided to tell their side of the story, there was zero scrutiny of it from the media.

Well, Slash was in the band, why wouldn't his story be believable? I understand your point about his addiction, but the fact is the man was still able to function, quite well actually, showed up to every gig, took the stage every night and played the shit out of his guitar. Even how, when and where he did his drugs is pretty precise and clear. His memory isn't as clouded as you're making it out to be, the guy wasn't passed out 24/7 drooling in the fetal position for all the years he was in Guns. He gave his version, never waivered on the details, and they were collaborated by another former member.

Of Course people wated to hear Axl's version! You don't think the media didn't try to contact him everytime Slash spoke? No one was willing to give him the opportunity to tell his side? Hmmmm....doubtful. It seems obvious that Axl was going to speak when he was good and ready. Again, I don't see how that is anyone else's fault.

I posted this in another forum but feel the need to say it here as well...

I think the point that most are missing when they read this is the fact that Guns N' Roses is a part of Axl in a very personal way. Although the ex-members part is interesting, to me as a Guns N' Roses fan it means more to me that Axl wants, needs, and will do anything to preserve Guns N' Roses. I personally would rather wait another 15 years for a CD that was made by somebody who will refuse to compromise their and the bands core beliefs than to have a record every year for the sake of buckling under commercial and corporate pressure. Chinese Democracy is a true example of the quality you get when there is true love for the material and the band the creator represents.

Thank you for putting yourself on the line to communicate this to us. I am truly proud to have supported this band through the best and worst of times

WOW ... wow

I didnt get to post one of my questions earlier, but I definitely have an answer for it :)

I am just SO HAPPY to finally hear his side of the story. wow

Just need to get a chance to ask some of the other questions now :)

WOW......... Thanks Axl!

I feel like we were all privy to a spiritual exorcism this weekend. What an immense sense of relief Axl must feel to purge all of this toxic baggage.

I posted this in another forum but feel the need to say it here as well...

I think the point that most are missing when they read this is the fact that Guns N' Roses is a part of Axl in a very personal way. Although the ex-members part is interesting, to me as a Guns N' Roses fan it means more to me that Axl wants, needs, and will do anything to preserve Guns N' Roses. I personally would rather wait another 15 years for a CD that was made by somebody who will refuse to compromise their and the bands core beliefs than to have a record every year for the sake of buckling under commercial and corporate pressure. Chinese Democracy is a true example of the quality you get when there is true love for the material and the band the creator represents.

Thank you for putting yourself on the line to communicate this to us. I am truly proud to have supported this band through the best and worst of times

What a great post....The intensity of a singular sense of purpose and will is a powerful thing.

What was the point of doing that?

umm, so we could see his side of the story? i like you, but i hate how you always try to act so nonchalant. the guy writes a fucking novel-length post trying to explain something many of us have wondered for years and you just blow it off casually like it was nothing

Edited by estranged 16

Please don't...

umm, so we could see his side of the story? i like you, but i hate how you always try to act so nonchalant. the guy writes a fucking novel-length post trying to explain something and you just blow it off casually like it was nothing

not sticking up for anyone but what you did not see was someone quote Axls entire post and say nothing to add to it, then it was deleted, I think RNR was asking about that not about Axl... I think anyway

Gunsguy

Hi ppl, i love this thing... it's been amazing seeing the contrast between this and the last years :xmasssanta:

But i have a question, my first language isn't english so i don't quite get some things

...It had a lot to do with not finding or knowing a more blues based player that I found inspiring and I was really knocked down and beat up. Slash, Duff and Matt’s decisions had as much to do with kicking a guy when he’s down or abandoning ship at the time as anything else....

Kicking what guy? Axl?

Please don't...

umm, so we could see his side of the story? i like you, but i hate how you always try to act so nonchalant. the guy writes a fucking novel-length post trying to explain something and you just blow it off casually like it was nothing

not sticking up for anyone but what you did not see was someone quote Axls entire post and say nothing to add to it, then it was deleted, I think RNR was asking about that not about Axl... I think anyway

Gunsguy

Forgive me father.

Please don't...

Gunsguy

Forgive me father.

Hey if I didn't witness it I would have probably thought or said the same thing dont worry about it man

Gunsguy

Axl.. Thanks for you showed up yourself for the fans.

I'm very aprecciated what you did, and are doing for gnr's fans and for yourself as well.

Maybe, now after the released somethings have to be said and done. No matter what everyone is gonna think.

I think we have to choose a side.

Or we believe in every single Alx's word, or I guess you can't be gnr's fan and even Axl's.

I chose to stay with Axl's word.

Edited by stefanie

Axl.. Thanks for you showed up yourself for the fans.

I'm very aprecciated what you did, and are doing for gnr's fans and for yourself as well.

Maybe, now after the released somethings have to be said and done. No matter what everyone is gonna think.

I think we have to choose a side.

Or we believe in every single Alx's word, or I guess you can't be gnr's fan and even Axl's.

I chose to stay with Axl's word.

Sides?!

Why can't you just appreciate all the music and stop worrying about the legal shit ... let Axl's lawyers do it :)