Axl Rose Chat #6 - mygnrforum - Dec. 14, 2008

Wow! He fucking hates Slash, and now I know why. I wonder if Slash will reply to this, or deny any part of it. But if it's true, that makes Slash a bold faced liar. When I read Slash's book, I took it with a grain of salt, you have to, but to think that he printed an outright lie like that is crazy.

lol, there definitely will NOT be a reunion.

Axl, some of us can fully relate to what you went through, because being in a band relationship with Slash and his attitude, and eventually ending your relationship with Slash as a bandmate was like a long, drawn out, excrutiatingly bad marriage, and then divorce.

And some of us lived through those type circumstances while you lived through the circumstances you went through.

Yours was on a grander, more expensive and more public scale of course. But ours was not necessarily any less painful, exhausting, and mind warping.

God bless all of us who have made it through such a journey without losing our minds.

I wanted to point out my favorite parts of what you wrote:

"Keeping the band name alive was very important. Not out of ego and I don’t know exactly why in the sense of putting into words but I think it has something to do with the global effect it has and how Guns surviving in some way is sometimes inspiring to others around the world and in that there’s a sense of obligation."

You were so right in that respect.

The other great part you wrote was:

"Such as a more positive intent and instead of as self destructive more of healing. There’s all kinds of things to help you die or be more negative. I wanted to try and make as powerful a hard rock album as we could while incorporating beauty and an openness to other forms both traditional and more recent without going religious etc."

That was great too. It's so hard to build something, be positive, etc, but so easy to tear things down and be negative.

Thanks again for sharing this with us! We love you!

I can relate to your post so well :)

Wow! He fucking hates Slash, and now I know why. I wonder if Slash will reply to this, or deny any part of it. But if it's true, that makes Slash a bold faced liar. When I read Slash's book, I took it with a grain of salt, you have to, but to think that he printed an outright lie like that is crazy.

lol, there definitely will NOT be a reunion.

It's tough to fully believe someone who was a heroin addict at the time. Slash's book makes it abundantly clear that he was using heroin way too much back then. Why the fuck should I trust his word over Axl's? Because the media tells me Axl is the bad guy? I've always believed there was a crapload more to this than what Slash and the media have portrayed.

By "stick to their guns" - do you mean people who want to ignore facts that Axl presented because they're too embarrassed to admit they may have jumped to the wrong conclusion in the past when they hadn't heard both sides? I believe that's called - being in denial. I think people should hear and consider both sides in all of this - rather than hanging onto a view you held previously just because you don't want to admit you may not have had all the facts.

Well, Slash/Duff's view are the polar opposite of Axl's view with how everything went down. No facts given really, just different versions of the same event. In honesty, I don't see why one recollection of a story should be believed over another at this point. Food for thought nonetheless, but pointless to try to come to any sort of conclusion about what really happened.

Some of you are truly far more pathetic than even I imagined. Stop trying to kiss up to Axl or back peddle on things you said because you have this deep-rooted insecurity about everything. Can some of you show some fucking balls and just live with the things you said and stop attacking others because they do no agree with Axl's perception of the world and himself. The question may not rest in whether Axl is being truthful or not, but his perception of what these truth's are. For God's sake we are talking about a fucking rock band, we are not curing cancer. I will admit that I was next to astonished that someone whose words and music has taken me through most of my life actually came on to this forum and chatted with us like a fucking human being, ego aside. But at the same time he has only shown me what I already knew: he is imperfect like all of us, he can be hypocritical at times, just like all of us, and he has his own set of values and ideals, just like any of us here. I am certain Axl is not happy about everything he has done and said in his life, just as any of us aren't and maybe at times Axl did not appreciate the extent of those implications nor did he understand them. So W.A.R is a fucking human being, now we all know....

I love this complex you have.

The whole "voice of reason" thing you have going on, not really working out.

I will not advocate the whole false worship of celebrities thing, but come on, for real. Take a look at this 4,500 word manifestation of 15 years worth of behind the scene action.

Any sane person understands that a celebrity is imperfect, but to come out like this and just give us a pure and raw manifestation (biased perhaps, but shouldn't come as a shock) of everything. That's something.

No denying it, compadre.

Let people kiss his ass, does it matter? Will you lose sleep over it? No. Chill, calm down, and let your voice of reason dictate your own actions, not those of people who couldn't give a shit about you.

Enough with you pseudo intellectual babble, I do not like forum members being disrespected by other forum members because they did not bask in the glow of Axl Rose. I am hardly trying to be a voice of fucking reason, I have waited this long to post something on this topic after reading through pages of bullshit and insults by those cannot stick to their guns. Period, there is no agenda here other than hoping these verbal assaults just stop. I think you are being a bit hypocritical to aren't you asshole?

Should I wait 5 more minutes so that you can actually read my post?

Half my post was me agreeing with you, the other, was simply questioning your urge to post this "voice of reason" type post as if you had come across something absolutely dumbfounding, the fact that Axl was imperfect.

I still expect a response to my last sentence, will it make you feel better if people stop kissing his ass? Is there a direct corrolation between people kissing Axl's ass and your mental state of mind?

No. So just calm down, enjoy this or hate it. But don't go around in your pedestal as if you've discovered something groundbreaking, ok, "asshole"? :kiss:

There is nothing dumbfounding about this notion, at least not to me. Your sensibilities are not shared with everyone on this forum, either is your "insight". Why did you feel you needed to confront me? I never play the role of "the voice of reason", that is not my job, I was being more sarcastic than reasonable. I think you just read what you wanted to read and responded because you were bored and felt you could undermine me. That way you are the victor in your own mind. I always find it interesting when someone like yourself makes such a poor psychological assessment of a situation and furthermore feels the need to display it for everyone to see. And I say this with a heavy heart as I like you as a forum member. I just do not appreciate your rhetoric here today. Are you amused?

By "stick to their guns" - do you mean people who want to ignore facts that Axl presented because they're too embarrassed to admit they may have jumped to the wrong conclusion in the past when they hadn't heard both sides? I believe that's called - being in denial. I think people should hear and consider both sides in all of this - rather than hanging onto a view you held previously just because you don't want to admit you may not have had all the facts.

Well, Slash/Duff's view are the polar opposite of Axl's view with how everything went down. No facts given really, just different versions of the same event. In honesty, I don't see why one recollection of a story should be believed over another at this point. Food for thought nonetheless, but pointless to try to come to any sort of conclusion about what really happened.

The thing Axl has in his corner is that he WASN'T a drug addict or alcoholic like Slash and Duff were back then. His recollection of events would be clearer than theirs. And for all we know, they were wasted and didn't know what the fuck happened until after the fact.

Axl, some of us can fully relate to what you went through, because being in a band relationship with Slash and his attitude, and eventually ending your relationship with Slash as a bandmate was like a long, drawn out, excrutiatingly bad marriage, and then divorce.

And some of us lived through those type circumstances while you lived through the circumstances you went through.

Yours was on a grander, more expensive and more public scale of course. But ours was not necessarily any less painful, exhausting, and mind warping.

God bless all of us who have made it through such a journey without losing our minds.

I wanted to point out my favorite parts of what you wrote:

"Keeping the band name alive was very important. Not out of ego and I don’t know exactly why in the sense of putting into words but I think it has something to do with the global effect it has and how Guns surviving in some way is sometimes inspiring to others around the world and in that there’s a sense of obligation."

You were so right in that respect.

The other great part you wrote was:

"Such as a more positive intent and instead of as self destructive more of healing. There’s all kinds of things to help you die or be more negative. I wanted to try and make as powerful a hard rock album as we could while incorporating beauty and an openness to other forms both traditional and more recent without going religious etc."

That was great too. It's so hard to build something, be positive, etc, but so easy to tear things down and be negative.

Thanks again for sharing this with us! We love you!

I can relate to your post so well :)

I lost a close friend...I would have called him my best friend in a situation that had certain striking paralells to your own.

It ain't easy.

I must say you have handled it with the upmost decency

That wasn't nearly informative enough.

We need dates...times...weather conditions.

Wow...I'll tell ya one rumour that was spot on. When Axl starts talkin....lol.....

I get it now Uncle Axl. You were never in hiding. Dizzy just asked you a question, and it took a few years to answer..lol..

I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Thank you from the bottom of our collective hearts for all of this. The chance for all of us to say hello, share stories, ask questions, spend time, and just in general really get to know the guy who alot of us idolize? Ya didn't have to do it, but you did anyway. Not for promotion, not for fame or money. Just cause you care about the fans. You're a class act Mr. Rose.

Now...in 5000 words or more, describe what your cat's doing right now...(betcha he can do it....lol...)

RazZ

Axl, a couple days ago I saw a great Gn'R tribute band, whose frontman sounds almost exactly like you. While the rest of the band took a break, he sat on a stool and played/sang an acoustic guitar version of "The Blues/Street of Dreams." It was the best version of the song I've ever heard, no offense to you. Would you ever consider doing a "stripped" version of the music like that? I've always thought simpler is better. For example, you did a version of November Rain in Argentina 1993 at the last show from the old lineup that is the best ever, in my opinion because it's basically just you singing it alone at your piano, plus Slash with the guitar solos, but other than that, no other accompaniment. Your music sounds great in a simple form.

It sounds like what Slash did to Scott. But with Axl, Slash lost... That is why I believe in Axl's side of the story.

Edited by Billy B

It will really be interesting to see if Slash and duff respond

The media will speculate on what Axl has posted, and misinterpret what's been said. Duff and Slash will read what the media have said, and comment on that.

That's my theory on the subject. Hopefully Slash and Duff sign up to MYGNRforum and check Axl's posts for themselves, or maybe even reply! ... maybe that could be a bad idea :rolleyes:

The thing Axl has in his corner is that he WASN'T a drug addict or alcoholic like Slash and Duff were back then. His recollection of events would be clearer than theirs. And for all we know, they were wasted and didn't know what the fuck happened until after the fact.

Valid Point. However they ALL did drugs. Not being as fucked up doesn't make your version the absolute truth, your memory and how you perceive things can still be clouded, sober or otherwise.

Enough with you pseudo intellectual babble, I do not like forum members being disrespected by other forum members because they did not bask in the glow of Axl Rose. I am hardly trying to be a voice of fucking reason, I have waited this long to post something on this topic after reading through pages of bullshit and insults by those cannot stick to their guns. Period, there is no agenda here other than hoping these verbal assaults just stop. I think you are being a bit hypocritical to aren't you asshole?

No dear the truth has not miraculously been revealed. As I already mentioned I think the problem is perception. We all said what we said, and we have done what we have done. For some of us to pretend as if they hadn't is distasteful. And many people seem to be conveniently flexible dont you think?

Valid Point. However they ALL did drugs. Not being as fucked up doesn't make your version the absolute truth, your memory and how you perceive things can still be clouded, sober or otherwise.

By the UYI records Axl was supposedly clean. Slash wrote an entire book bragging about how much heroin he was doing every damn day during their tours. From what I remember reading through the years, Axl's drug use was in the earliest days of the band before they ever became popular. There is a quote somewhere from him where he said he ODed and damn near died. And ever since that time he stayed the hell away from it.

And I never said his version is the absolute truth. I stated in another post that I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Unfortunately, the former members and the media have portrayed it as a one-way street over the years. Entirely Axl's fault. I've never believed that, especially not coming from pricks with an agenda (the media) and a couple of seriously fucked up drug addicts/alcoholics.

Edited by GNRfan2008

The media will speculate on what Axl has posted, and misinterpret what's been said. Duff and Slash will read what the media have said, and comment on that.

That's my theory on the subject. Hopefully Slash and Duff sign up to MYGNRforum and check Axl's posts for themselves, or maybe even reply! ... maybe that could be a bad idea :rolleyes:

HAHA! I can see that now... mygnrforum being the medium of communication for all these guys. First they start out arguing and calling each other names, then slowly they start to apologize. "I'm sorry... I love you man! It was all my fault! I'm an asshole!" "No man, don't say that! I'm the asshole! And I love you man!" "No man, really, it's me that's the asshole! And I love you man!" All before our eyes! ha!

It sounds like what Slash did to Scott. But with Axl, Slash lost... That is why I believe in Axl's side of the story.

What Slash did to Scott? Ok, this isn't the thread to get into that.

Anyway, everyone is entitled to "believe" whomever they want. It's cool to FINALLY get Axl's side, and he may disagree, but the truth IS always somewhere in the middle.

HAHA! I can see that now... mygnrforum being the medium of communication for all these guys. First they start out arguing and calling each other names, then slowly they start to apologize. "I'm sorry... I love you man! It was all my fault! I'm an asshole!" "No man, don't say that! I'm the asshole! And I love you man!" "No man, really, it's me that's the asshole! And I love you man!" All before our eyes! ha!

Stranger things have happened.

That would be beautiful... :rofl-lol:

But would never happen! Hah!