Axl Rose Chat #6 - mygnrforum - Dec. 14, 2008

I just have a hard time believing that Axl is just some innocent bystander in everything and I hope he reads this. Axl paints this picture that Slash is some egotistical control freak while he just sat back and watched everything happen, and then Slash got fed up and left. That everything that ever happened negatively with the band was someone else's doing.

I don't think we're ever going to get the REAL truth.

I would agree with that although none of us are in a position to pass a judgment on this whole fiasco cause none of us were there. But based on Slash's book and Axl's comments on here alot of people have been lied to and from both camps, but I still find it kind of sad that men in their 40's cant reconcile or at least talk to each other over the last 14 years to at least clear the air.

Oh, and Axl, could you give us your side of the story on what happened at the 1992 MTV music video awards, Krist Novoselic wrote an interesting blog about that here: http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly...d_at_the_19.php any comments? :xmasssanta:

Erm. Yes. Both GnR and VR are great bands.

Sorry, did I say something wrong? I think we've had this discussion before. But I suspect even Axl would admit VR have some good tunes.

I can imagine Axl listening to Fall to pieces, and now we atleast know he knows the song.

get out of here.

Uh ... why ?

VR??? Seriously???

Sorry, did I say something wrong? I think we've had this discussion before. But I suspect even Axl would admit VR have some good tunes. You don't have to swing on Axl's balls dude ... he isn't likely to be impressed. I suspect he would just like people to be who they are, and if they like his music, listen, and if they don't, don't listen.

I like both bands a lot. They're two of my favorite bands (GnR being my all time favorite band, over the years). What is so wrong about that, that you childishly had to tell me to get out of here?

agree 100% with dave :)

get out of here.

Uh ... why ?

VR??? Seriously???

Sorry, did I say something wrong? I think we've had this discussion before. But I suspect even Axl would admit VR have some good tunes. You don't have to swing on Axl's balls dude ... he isn't likely to be impressed. I suspect he would just like people to be who they are, and if they like his music, listen, and if they don't, don't listen.

I like both bands a lot. They're two of my favorite bands (GnR being my all time favorite band, over the years). What is so wrong about that, that you childishly had to tell me to get out of here?

Totally agree, There are some cool VR songs though I am not huge on them. My all-time-favorite band is Pink Floyd but I LOVE the new direction of Guns music......EAR-CANDY!!!

Some of you are truly far more pathetic than even I imagined. Stop trying to kiss up to Axl or back peddle on things you said because you have this deep-rooted insecurity about everything. Can some of you show some fucking balls and just live with the things you said and stop attacking others because they do no agree with Axl's perception of the world and himself. The question may not rest in whether Axl is being truthful or not, but his perception of what these truth's are. For God's sake we are talking about a fucking rock band, we are not curing cancer. I will admit that I was next to astonished that someone whose words and music has taken me through most of my life actually came on to this forum and chatted with us like a fucking human being, ego aside. But at the same time he has only shown me what I already knew: he is imperfect like all of us, he can be hypocritical at times, just like all of us, and he has his own set of values and ideals, just like any of us here. I am certain Axl is not happy about everything he has done and said in his life, just as any of us aren't and maybe at times Axl did not appreciate the extent of those implications nor did he understand them. So W.A.R is a fucking human being, now we all know....

People can believe who they want to believe. Axl has given the fans his side of the story, like Slash has. Not everyone is instantly going to believe Axl, to an extent he may care if you don't, but he's said his part. More people are in favour of Slash's because, well it's been around for a long time.

Bare in mind, Axl has said this part of the story ONCE. How many times has Slash said his? Heck, he even wrote his in a book and made money out of it!

And Axl and Slash being friends? I don't think either of them would willingly be friends because we want them too. Can't force them, just because they had a magical chemistry on stage.

Lets just be grateful for what we've received, eh? I look forward to the next few days myself.

You realize what's so awesome about this?

It's that he's posting directly to the fans instead of some media channel.

Agreed. Axl has always had my respect because he wasnt the one running his mouth all these years and this gesture just backs it all up.

Thank you for taking the time to write this up Axl and thank you for reaching out to us in this way.

Man that was a great read, after reading this I doubt it but it would be nice if slash and axl could actually meet face to face and talk things over, deep down I think they care about each other and thats what made the breakup so painful for both of them.

People can believe who they want to believe. Axl has given the fans his side of the story, like Slash has. Not everyone is instantly going to believe Axl, to an extent he may care if you don't, but he's said his part. More people are in favour of Slash's because, well it's been around for a long time.

Bare in mind, Axl has said this part of the story ONCE. How many times has Slash said his? Heck, he even wrote his in a book and made money out of it!

And Axl and Slash being friends? I don't think either of them would willingly be friends because we want them too. Can't force them, just because they had a magical chemistry on stage.

Lets just be grateful for what we've received, eh? I look forward to the next few days myself.

I dont care who is at fault, I think everyone is at fault to some degree. But somehow the world survived, babies were still born, the sun still shined, Dr. Pepper still tasted like ass....

Some of you are truly far more pathetic than even I imagined. Stop trying to kiss up to Axl or back peddle on things you said because you have this deep-rooted insecurity about everything. Can some of you show some fucking balls and just live with the things you said and stop attacking others because they do no agree with Axl's perception of the world and himself. The question may not rest in whether Axl is being truthful or not, but his perception of what these truth's are. For God's sake we are talking about a fucking rock band, we are not curing cancer. I will admit that I was next to astonished that someone whose words and music has taken me through most of my life actually came on to this forum and chatted with us like a fucking human being, ego aside. But at the same time he has only shown me what I already knew: he is imperfect like all of us, he can be hypocritical at times, just like all of us, and he has his own set of values and ideals, just like any of us here. I am certain Axl is not happy about everything he has done and said in his life, just as any of us aren't and maybe at times Axl did not appreciate the extent of those implications nor did he understand them. So W.A.R is a fucking human being, now we all know....

True. Im incredibly happy because finally axl is talking with us, the fans.

Does this means i believe 100% of what he said? No, now things are too fuckin twisted to believe one or another. Is axl or slash lying? Maybe no, they maybe have different perceptions of one reality...and maybe both are right.

One thing for sure. Its good to see axl speaking.

I love this complex you have.

The whole "voice of reason" thing you have going on, not really working out.

I will not advocate the whole false worship of celebrities thing, but come on, for real. Take a look at this 4,500 word manifestation of 15 years worth of behind the scene action.

Any sane person understands that a celebrity is imperfect, but to come out like this and just give us a pure and raw manifestation (biased perhaps, but shouldn't come as a shock) of everything. That's something.

No denying it, compadre.

Let people kiss his ass, does it matter? Will you lose sleep over it? No. Chill, calm down, and let your voice of reason dictate your own actions, not those of people who couldn't give a shit about you.

Guest RonMexico82
And why would you want to 'be friends' with someone you dislike??? That's called hypocracy.

It's called burying the hatchet.

Hate blackens the heart.

From a personal point of view it is also none of our fucking business.

Of course we would all love to see our two favourite rock stars back onstage again. However as two people who were close friends and had a major falling out that is up to them to sort out and them alone. I just think we forget that (myself included).

Nothing that any of us say here is going to make that happen. It is up to Axl and Slash. End of story.

Thank you Axl

Now we finally have your thoughts about what happened.

Til now we only had the rest of the band´s opinions ...

Great time... new CD, your interviews to the fans and your opinion about the past.

Just a few questions ... why Duff left the band? what exactly happened with Duff?

Returned izzy to GNR in the middle´s 90´s?? If so, why he left again?

And the last one ... How many Izzy songs you´ve recorded for next records??

Is the "Down by the ocean" you mentioned the other day "Box" izzy´s song from the Fire acoustic album?

Carlos.

Spain

Axl...

Thank you, thank you for finally giving us your side of the story and some insight to the arduous journey leading up to the release of CD. It's great to have you personally explaining, answering, and pouring your soul out to the fans instead of the big media, and after so much silence over the years it's amazing to finally have answers from the man himself, instead of playing a he-said she-said game.