Axl Rose Chat #6 - mygnrforum - Dec. 14, 2008

Hey Axl,

Your candor and openness are much appreciated. As a long time GNR fan (close to 20 years now), your clarification of events has helped make sense of what seemed like a senseless situation. As much as Guns isn't the easiest band to be a fan of at times, myself and hopefully others understand that Guns isn't an easy situation for those involved. In the end, I think we all just want the same thing. Despite what sounds like a mountain of frustration and difficulties, I hope you have found some solace in the finally result and are proud of the record you put out. Job well done. While I appreciate your musicianship, it's your commitment to your vision and dedication to yourself and the art itself that I applaud (If you're thinking of doing another cover, might I suggest the song "My Way") the most and makes you, what I feel, a true Rock N' Rolla...

While some here and others in the media seem to get caught up in the soap opera aspect of Guns, it's important that you realize that there are people like myself that have stayed loyal and kept faith because of the impact your music has made in their lives. Much in the same way people like Elton John and Freddy Mercury had an impact on you and the path you took in life is much the same as you've had on mine (I'm working on my own musical career as a piano/keyboard player and songwriter in a band here in Toronto).

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks. Not sure if you'll ever read this but I figured it was probably the best chance I'd have to express my gratitude. Having seen you and the band 10 times since 2002 in three countries, I'm very much looking forward to seeing the band out playing the new songs.

TWAT, in my opinion, has probably the best guitar solo/vocal performance in the last 15 years.

Much thanks...

Cheers,

Andrew

P.S. What happened to the titty cam on the 2006 tour? I didn't mind at all the wait in 2002 between MixMaster and Guns when the audience was "distracted" by the talents of the lovely female audience members. If I could request anything for the next tour, that would be it. And oh, perhaps maybe play the song "Yesterdays" if/when you're playing Toronto again. Always one of my favourite songs and thought lyrically it was relevant.

P.P.S. Oh, thanks for playing "Down on the Farm" in 2006. The baddest cover and a dream of mine to hear Guns do that live. Finally heard it live in Quebec City and had a blast.

Dear Axl,

It's not about who came up with the name, it's about who delivered the music, performance and image to surround the name with first respect, then a legecy and a loyal fanbase. Your argument is like a group of scientists finding a cure for aids and one of them claiming all the succes cause he came up with the name of the medicine.

And i don't give a damn about legally who ownes the name. I mean how 'rock n' roll' is that?

To me Slash potrayed what Guns N' Roses is pretty good when he said ''For me, the original Guns N' Roses is the embodiment of a certain kind of chemistry that really couldn't be duplicated.''

Merry Christmas

Deniz

Edited by Deniz

I honestly don't give a shit if they're ever friends again. Why should I? Yeah, I guess in a hippy, let's all love each other and hold hands sort of way, yes it would be nice if they were friends, and everyone else in the world were friends, too. But if they're not making music together, then I don't care. I guess it would be nice if they could stop bitching about each other, then realizing they took it too far, and going back to kissing their ass to try and correct it. And I believe that for anybody, an abuse of litigation is disgusting. I know it would be aggravating for me, so hopefully they (it sounds mostly like Slash's crap) can quit doing that. But be friends? Who cares?

Axl i honestly believe you have no reason to talk shit to us. I honestly do hope you feel better getting that out. It must have been fucking hard to do.

I'm fucking pissed that i paid money to meet $la$h, Duff and erm Matt.. I was nice to meet my heroes but to me they are no longer heroes. I've seen another side today and i will remember that forever. I always believed deep down there was more to it but it became hard to believe in yourself and GNR when nothing happened for years. I can only imagine how shit it all was for you. Bring on the future!

Merry Fuckin Christmas :xmasssanta:

It's really cool that Axl answers questions from fans, really. But you don't have to drink his words like a blind sheep...

"$la$h" ? Why the fuck do you write his name like that?

Slash, Duff, Izzy, Matt, Buckethead, Finck, Brain, and probably others that I forget, all left the band....they're all evil? I don't think so...

Fact: they all left because of one guy......

Anyway, it's really cool that Axl gives us his side of the story and I hope he'll continue posting.

Fact: One man ALWAYS stayed.

Not to necessarily blame people who left, but if there's this person all the time,it's juct bcuz he wanted this more,thus deserves more.

You're comment doesn't make sense to me. You're an ass kisser.

Axl i honestly believe you have no reason to talk shit to us. I honestly do hope you feel better getting that out. It must have been fucking hard to do.

I'm fucking pissed that i paid money to meet $la$h, Duff and erm Matt.. I was nice to meet my heroes but to me they are no longer heroes. I've seen another side today and i will remember that forever. I always believed deep down there was more to it but it became hard to believe in yourself and GNR when nothing happened for years. I can only imagine how shit it all was for you. Bring on the future!

Merry Fuckin Christmas :xmasssanta:

It's really cool that Axl answers questions from fans, really. But you don't have to drink his words like a blind sheep...

"$la$h" ? Why the fuck do you write his name like that?

Slash, Duff, Izzy, Matt, Buckethead, Finck, Brain, and probably others that I forget, all left the band....they're all evil? I don't think so...

Fact: they all left because of one guy......

Anyway, it's really cool that Axl gives us his side of the story and I hope he'll continue posting.

Fact: One man ALWAYS stayed.

Not to necessarily blame people who left, but if there's this person all the time,it's juct bcuz he wanted this more,thus deserves more.

You're comment doesn't make sense to me. You're an ass kisser.

Finck, Buckethead and Brain left for completely different reasons however. Izzy never wanted to be in a big blown up band, he's acknowledged that and Matt was great on the Illusions albums but I just can't count him.

Who cares who Axl is friends with? He doesn't come on here and tell you to go kiss and make up with people you used to work with. It sounds like people want to encourage this to feel good about themselves. If you want to encourage something, or keep pushing an issue, how about a tour and/or who the line up would be.

As for how he "feels" about Slash, if you read his post, I think you can figure it out for yourself.

Guest RonMexico82

I'd like to know one more thing that I don't recall being addressed and maybe it is just not relevant but I'd like to know how Axl feels about the possible role (if any) that substance abuse played in all of this. When people are loaded they become paranoid and do stupid things they wouldn't necessarily have done when sober.

Did alcohol and drugs just make this whole situation worse or did it play any role at all between all the parties involved.

(I know it was hinted at in the past and certain people seemed to take offence etc)

Edited by RonMexico82

Wow, incredibly insightful read. You must have been working on that answer most of the day. Very, very much appreciated! :xmasssanta:

A lot of things were much like I had thought they were, but very cool to read such a comprehensive explanation of the things.

You've really done a 360 in everyones eyes during these past few days... From a seemingly recluse frontman to the most insightful, open and honest one ever. Well done!

Hope you and all the GnR family (Dexter and all included) have a good Christmas and the upcoming year(s)! :)

And i don't give a damn about legally who ownes the name. I mean how 'rock n' roll' is that?
How "rock n' roll" is it to take someone, who is completely innocent, to court based on the errors of someone else? You can apply the rock n' roll shit to whatever you want. I just care about the music, so obviously I've been pretty happy for the past month.

Dear Axl,

This was a great read and I love the fact that you came over here and told your story, for years people have heard only one side and now we have both. It's good to hear the whole thing in your own words and in your own timeframe. For what it's worth I believe your story. Some here will protest this story as many have protested the other sides for a long time, I've always chosen to be in the middle of things and not judging anyone. Whatever happened, happened and I'm just glad you were able to rise above everything and release a great record and hopefully you will continue your journey with GN'R and give us more amazing music and performances for years to come.

Please, come back to the boards again, this has been really refreshing.

Happy Holidays to you, everyone realated to GN'R, your family and all the fans.

Best regards and much happyness,

Brynjar

Edited by mustaine