Axl Rose Chat #6 - mygnrforum - Dec. 14, 2008

This is better than Christmas for us fans.

I wholeheartedly agree. Only it's more like Channukah in that we're going on day 4 of this amazing exposition. My favorite:

"U have to realize we were on the street. It wasn’t the first band. Whoever thought of the name kept the name unless he gave it up or moved on. Everyone was always having a new version of whatever their band name was. I wouldn’t have thought of using LA Gunns or any of Slash’s band names. We all knew that we could break up the next week. You had to have that stuff somewhat sorted between each other going in. It was a deal that we made. The issue becomes the value or perceived value now and the fans attachment and or acceptance. Really weren’t things we consciously considered even during the breakup."

It's a revelation to me that this whole business with the name is still being played out on the Hollywood streets circa 1985. That despite being the biggest band in the world (past, present, future) and a mullti-million dollar corporation of a name that it all goes back to something as fundamental as this.

I think this is proof that anyone who says it took 15 years to make this album is missing most of the facts, during those fifteen years all this was going on behind the scenes, legal issues, band chemistry, etc.. Thank you so much axl for putting your time into this, nobody forced you to and you easily could have stayed at home raking in the cash this holiday, but instead you care about the fans and never let us down anymore.

My christmas wish list

1. Better Music Video

2. Tickets to 09 tour

3. Axl Autobiography

4. Chinese Democracy as Album DLC for Rock Band 2 (yes, random, but who cares)

If i get any of those, i will be completely content

Happy Holidays and I hope we don't ever scare you off here, you're always welcome

Edited by WelcomeToTheBumble-

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
It will really be interesting to see if Slash and duff respond

The media will speculate on what Axl has posted, and misinterpret what's been said. Duff and Slash will read what the media have said, and comment on that.

That's my theory on the subject. Hopefully Slash and Duff sign up to MYGNRforum and check Axl's posts for themselves, or maybe even reply! ... maybe that could be a bad idea :rolleyes:

HAHA! I can see that now... mygnrforum being the medium of communication for all these guys. First they start out arguing and calling each other names, then slowly they start to apologize. "I'm sorry... I love you man! It was all my fault! I'm an asshole!" "No man, don't say that! I'm the asshole! And I love you man!" "No man, really, it's me that's the asshole! And I love you man!" All before our eyes! ha!

I like that fantasy. :heart:

It would be cool if Slash or Duff would comment on Axl's post here.

Would they get an VR sign, the one Axl got an GNR sigh under his avatar?

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

This is totally what we have never had and it feels so good to finally have it really, this beats anything I have ever seen on any message board, its not no predetermined statements, it just the human being Axl Rose talking to us as people, it is amazing truly!

Axl you have taken away so much with your words, the ability to hear the things come from you is amazing, I wish you could have been able to talk sooner but I am glad nonetheless you are here now

Hey Axl, Private Message me I have to tell you a story about Toronto

Gunsguy

The media will speculate on what Axl has posted, and misinterpret what's been said. Duff and Slash will read what the media have said, and comment on that.

That's my theory on the subject. Hopefully Slash and Duff sign up to MYGNRforum and check Axl's posts for themselves, or maybe even reply! ... maybe that could be a bad idea :rolleyes:

HAHA! I can see that now... mygnrforum being the medium of communication for all these guys. First they start out arguing and calling each other names, then slowly they start to apologize. "I'm sorry... I love you man! It was all my fault! I'm an asshole!" "No man, don't say that! I'm the asshole! And I love you man!" "No man, really, it's me that's the asshole! And I love you man!" All before our eyes! ha!

A thread strictly for Slash, Duff and Axl (and Dizzy... just to even the numbers) only, to let it all out.

That would be so damn surreal. But that would never happen... who knows...

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Would they get an VR sign, the one Axl got an GNR sign under his avatar?

You know this one:

48620872hq5.jpg

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

"Oh hey Axl didn't know you were on this site" "hey slash hows it goin" "oh i think I saw Duff and Izzy in the Dust N Bones section" "ya well i've been chattin with these fans here about our band name and crap" "oh hey guys, steven here" "oh how was celebrity rehab" "oh it was cool, adler's appetite is an epic fail though" "ya same with velvet revolver" "you know, how bout we get together and jam some time" "sounds good" "okay" "izzy here, i'd be fine with it, just talked with duff, he's up for it too, wanna do a reunion tour?" "okay" "okay" "okay" "okay"

just watch, it'll happen

Edited by WelcomeToTheBumble-

By the UYI records Axl was supposedly clean. Slash wrote an entire book bragging about how much heroin he was doing every damn day during their tours. From what I remember reading through the years, Axl's drug use was in the earliest days of the band before they ever became popular. There is a quote somewhere from him where he said he ODed and damn near died. And ever since that time he stayed the hell away from it.

I believe he stayed away from heroin because it fucked his throat(?), not sure about anything else. During the Illusions tour, the former members had a lot to say about Axl's state of mind in particular, yoda, etc. So whether we're talking about emotional issues or substance abuse, it's probably safe to say at the very least everyone had their shit to deal with one way or another.

I think to say that one story is more believable than another based on the fact that someone admitted using drugs and another not using the same drugs is pretty arbitrary.

No it's not, not when one side has profited heavily from this over the years while the other side was quiet and chose to tell his side of the story for free to the fans rather than in a book where he could have made a shitload of money on it (cough...Slash...cough). As I said, I believe the truth is somewhere in the middle but I don't believe Axl's mental issues are as severe as Slash and Duff's heroin and alcohol use.

Alcohol is what fucks up Axl's throat. He said as much during the Eddie Trunk interview a couple years ago. If what I've read is true, Axl has been off hard drugs for a lot longer than the former band members.

Slash told the same story for years, reading it in his book for money cough cough, was not the first time we heard his take on what happened. It was Axl's porogative to remain silent all these years. Good for him for having such restraint, I mean that really. And it's cool that he's shared it with the fans at no charge on a forum. Again, because I didn't have to pay for the info. doesn't mean that I believe one side over another. I think we agree that the truth lies somewhere in the middle, though what you say and then how you explain it seem to indicate otherwise.

And apparently alcohol didn't fuck Axl's voice too much, he was constantly shown drinking during the '06-'07 tour.

"Oh hey Axl didn't know you were on this site" "hey slash hows it goin" "oh i think I saw Duff and Izzy in the Dust N Bones section" "ya well i've been chattin with these fans here about our band name and crap" "oh hey guys, steven here" "oh how was celebrity rehab" "oh it was cool, adler's appetite is an epic fail though" "ya same with velvet revolver" "you know, how bout we get together and jam some time" "sounds good" "okay" "izzy here, i'd be fine with it, just talked with duff, he's up for it too, wanna do a reunion tour?" "okay" "okay" "okay" "okay"

just watch, it'll happen

:rofl-lol: I think Steven would just be slurring his words, no one would understand him. And then he pulls out 2 drum sticks. "Sure, join in!"

By the UYI records Axl was supposedly clean. Slash wrote an entire book bragging about how much heroin he was doing every damn day during their tours. From what I remember reading through the years, Axl's drug use was in the earliest days of the band before they ever became popular. There is a quote somewhere from him where he said he ODed and damn near died. And ever since that time he stayed the hell away from it.

I believe he stayed away from heroin because it fucked his throat(?), not sure about anything else. During the Illusions tour, the former members had a lot to say about Axl's state of mind in particular, yoda, etc. So whether we're talking about emotional issues or substance abuse, it's probably safe to say at the very least everyone had their shit to deal with one way or another.

I think to say that one story is more believable than another based on the fact that someone admitted using drugs and another not using the same drugs is pretty arbitrary.

No it's not, not when one side has profited heavily from this over the years while the other side was quiet and chose to tell his side of the story for free to the fans rather than in a book where he could have made a shitload of money on it (cough...Slash...cough). As I said, I believe the truth is somewhere in the middle but I don't believe Axl's mental issues are as severe as Slash and Duff's heroin and alcohol use.

Alcohol is what fucks up Axl's throat. He said as much during the Eddie Trunk interview a couple years ago. If what I've read is true, Axl has been off hard drugs for a lot longer than the former band members.

Slash told the same story for years, reading it in his book for money cough cough, was not the first time we heard his take on what happened. It was Axl's porogative to remain silent all these years. Good for him for having such restraint, I mean that really. And it's cool that he's shared it with the fans at no charge on a forum. Again, because I didn't have to pay for the info. doesn't mean that I believe one side over another. I think we agree that the truth lies somewhere in the middle, though what you say and then how you explain it seem to indicate otherwise.

And apparently alcohol didn't fuck Axl's voice too much, he was constantly shown drinking during the '06-'07 tour.

He claimed that alcohol and smoking both would fuck up his voice. That doesn't mean he's going to give two shits about it. He is a rock star after all. And given all of the shit that has happened over the years, I will never truly believe Axl or any of them unless they can provide actual proof. Remember the "letter to the fans" claiming the album would be released in March 2007? Only took a year and a half longer for it to finally be released. :rofl-lol: But what I find insanely unfortunate in this is that instead of skepticism for all parties involved, the media fed one side of the story to the public. Their job is to report all sides of the story. They failed miserably in this regard and showed just how much of an agenda they have against Axl. If you think Axl has received a fair shake from the media and the public regarding the breakup of the band, then I've got oceanfront property in Arizona to sell to you.

Edited by GNRfan2008

just watch, it'll happen

:rofl-lol: I think Steven would just be slurring his words, no one would understand him. And then he pulls out 2 drum sticks. "Sure, join in!"

poor Stevie you have got to love the guy

Hopefully one day he can be happy and drug free

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

I'm waiting for Slash to register. :rofl-lol:

Just kidding. Nice post. I respect Axl a lot and understand what he's saying on much of this, although I do think perhaps his own personal involvement may add a bias - but the same can be said for Slash and those on "his side." To be honest, much of what has been said above is what I often assumed was going on, e.g. in terms of how Axl viewed the band name and everything. I have always said it wasn't a cash grab, he felt obligated to the name and felt like the "last man standing" (I think I even used that exact expression in describing it once) but it creates an ugly dilemma for fans who have grown up on the old material and recognize "that" vision as being GN'R. I think the difference with GN'R versus a band like Floyd is that because Axl disappeared for so long, the public consciousness has come to see GN'R as being represented mainly as the Appetite lineup, which is their one widely regarded "classic album." That album has become an absolute cultural milestone in music and people's lives, whereas Pink Floyd had multiple classics and the gradual lineup changes are, as a result, seen as being far less drastic. Because their legacy was always an ongoing thing, and they didn't disappear for 17 years and then come back with a new album and new lineup on it, peopleare more open to the changes.

With GN'R, for the past 20 years all people have had is images of Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy as being the band. And the myth about Chinese Democracy has helped destroy any subsequent image of an organic band to take the original band's place. That's why I think it's more difficult for people to accept any other lineup as being Guns N' Roses.

I accept this band as Guns N' Roses because I recognize the context and everything, but to the general public, that doesn't mean shit, and it's easier to just turn their noses up and say "That isn't Guns N' Roses."

Just my two cents.

Edited by Estranged Reality

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Would they get an VR sign, the one Axl got an GNR sign under his avatar?

just watch, it'll happen

It's nice how you think they would call Velvet Revolver (A band of which has sold many millions) as an epic fail.

just watch, it'll happen

poor Stevie you have got to love the guy B)

Damn amazing drummer too

If Axl reads this, I really hope he won't take this literally, ha! Hopefully he'd be laughing if he read this... and agree, Steven is an amazing drummer! ;)

By "stick to their guns" - do you mean people who want to ignore facts that Axl presented because they're too embarrassed to admit they may have jumped to the wrong conclusion in the past when they hadn't heard both sides? I believe that's called - being in denial. I think people should hear and consider both sides in all of this - rather than hanging onto a view you held previously just because you don't want to admit you may not have had all the facts.

Well, Slash/Duff's view are the polar opposite of Axl's view with how everything went down. No facts given really, just different versions of the same event. In honesty, I don't see why one recollection of a story should be believed over another at this point. Food for thought nonetheless, but pointless to try to come to any sort of conclusion about what really happened.

It sounds like what Slash did to Scott. But with Axl, Slash lost... That is why I believe in Axl's side of the story.

What Slash did to Scott? Ok, this isn't the thread to get into that.

Anyway, everyone is entitled to "believe" whomever they want. It's cool to FINALLY get Axl's side, and he may disagree, but the truth IS always somewhere in the middle.

Not always the truth is in the middle.

But, I share what you said: ¨everyone is entitled to "believe" whomever they want¨

Thanks AXL! Awesome info. Too bad about you/Slash. Sounds like zero chance of reconciliation. No mention really of relationship with Duff. Put it this way- I have a totally different view of Axl now (hint---better than prior) now that we have clarification.

THANKS Dexter ...... er AXL! :xmasssanta:

Awesome stuff Axl. Getting to hear from you these past coupledays has been beyond incredible and it means so so much to all of us.

Thank you

How many fans get to have direct contact with the lead singer of their favorite band? This has been amazing

Thank you again so very much Axl, hearing all of this has enlightened me very much

Happy Holidays