The top 5 most overrated people in "Rock"

Gordon Comstock

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kurt cobain - i know its cliche to bash kurt on this forum. I actually do think nirvana are ok, but i feel hes the most overated person in the history of popular music.

All of the chili peppers.

Thats all i can think of at the moment.

Edit: The fukin foo fighters, talk about fukin generic boring shit.

Edited by Midnight Rambler

Guest deleted_19765
Bob Dylan isn't rock.... lol

Rock in this context is an attitude not a genre, I suppose. It's like talking about Nelly and N.W.A., sure both are hip-hop (I'm being really lenient on Nelly for that one) but N.W.A. is rock, whereas Nelly is a fag.

For my top five I'd say RickRoses top five is alright, except I'd replace Geddy (no one really cares about Rush) and Kurt (yeah, a tad overrated, but still a legend, even if one "in death") with John Mayer (everyone talks like the guy can tear a guitar a new asshole) and Bruce Springsteen (RS always has to give him and Dylan 5-stars for albums that are musically mediocre compared to past works).

So music you can appreciate is Rock? What an unbiased system!

Anyway:

Phil Collins

James Taylor

Janis Joplin

Jimmy Page

John Fogerty

Do I hate J's?

Guest deleted_19765
James Taylor

Really? How so?

Admittedly I could be missing something here, but all I've heard him do in the last thirty years is stupid Motown covers. How visionary.

Dave Matthews deserves that spot though, I forgot him.

Off the top of my head, in no particular order.

Slash

Roger Daltry

David Gilmour (Waters wrote alot more meaningful music & lyrics)

Keith Richards

Bono

But Gilmour is so awesome on guitar! Haha. Waters lyrics are better, but Gilmour wrote some cool music, and is such a good guitarist. He has the better voice too.

I do agree with Keith, Bono, and Daltry though. The Stones have some great albums, but Keith's overrated. Mick Taylor was their best guitarist.

James Taylor

Really? How so?

Admittedly I could be missing something here, but all I've heard him do in the last thirty years is stupid Motown covers. How visionary.

I'd say you're definitely missing out if you haven't heard Sweet Baby James. It's the only album I've heard by him, so I can't really voice an opinion on the rest of his music, but that album, at least, is phenomenal; one of my favourites from that year.

Edited by Lithium