Prince or Michael Jackson?

Guest Apollo

Prince or Michael Jackson  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Like a lot of both of their songs, but they're both overly feminine weirdos if you ask me.

Prince can out play 90% of butch fuckheads on the guitar, and he's had more pussy than anyone could count. Today Prince is a bit feminine but back in the day, not a chance.

BTW Why can't you get anything of Prince's on youtube. He loses just for that reason alone.

Doesn't allow his stuff on youtube

That's pretty stupid. Oh well, I guess if I really wanted his stuff I could just got download his whole discography in a matter of an hour. Take that, Prince.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted_19765

Prince so easily. Michael displayed great natural gifts but didn't let them blossom (or was unable to) in the way Prince did. When Michael Jackson plays a solo that can shame Eric Clapton on one of his most famous songs, we can talk. And no one tell me "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" is from The Beatles LOLOL how did u not know that?!?!?1

putting aside my feelings about how wacked-out these dudes craniums are, i give my vote to Prince.

for both artists, i really only like their early work (in MJ's case i'm referring to his solo stuff, not J5).

Prince had alot more of a rock element in his music, especially his early stuff, and that appeals to me. Prince, to me, was more versatile. you got alot of variety on a Prince album. MJ's stuff was pretty much straight down the line. MJ was all about the single, the BIG song like "Billie Jean" or "Don't Stop 'Till You Get Enough", and i love those songs, but the album tracks fell way below the quality of the singles. with Prince, his entire albums were great all the way through (from his debut through Purple Rain after that things got a little sketchy).

then you take into account Prince's musical talent, songwriting, and audio engineering/production and to me he's just all around a more complete artist. the Dirty Mind album was a demo that sounded so good the record co. just put it out instead of re-recording it.

both artists are great (at least they were great) but give me Prince.

i need to make me a Prince cd for the truck come to think of it.

I can't believe Prince is ahead. Has Prince ever played with Slash?

Slash and MJ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqDOsKKhb88

Slash upstaging MJ

if Prince needs a bad ass rock guitar solo he just does it himself.

Edited by artfromtex

I think that Prince is one of those artists who never quite get the recognition that they deserve, no matter what they do. He really can do it all, from singing to producing to playing lord knows how many instruments (and playing them well). He's also similar to Bowie in that he is happy to move on a try different things, whereas Jackson is much more tried and true, with the only real difference being hiring the best current producers at the time for his albums. He also needs to get some new dance moves, because I heard that Bill Bailey is spinning in his grave.

I think that Prince is one of those artists who never quite get the recognition that they deserve, no matter what they do. He really can do it all, from singing to producing to playing lord knows how many instruments (and playing them well). He's also similar to Bowie in that he is happy to move on a try different things, whereas Jackson is much more tried and true, with the only real difference being hiring the best current producers at the time for his albums. He also needs to get some new dance moves, because I heard that Bill Bailey is spinning in his grave.

Yes Prince is one of the true great musical artists of our times. MJ is an amazing pop star, and I love him, but there's really no comparison.

I can't believe Prince is ahead. Has Prince ever played with Slash?

Slash and MJ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqDOsKKhb88

Slash upstaging MJ

I'm a huge Slash fan but Prince is by far a better guitarist. Check out some of his live performances. If you can find them without paying to join his fansite.

I've been to a Prince concert.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Can anyone who has not heard Little Red Corvette go listen to it now, this pole is unfair unless you have heard that song.

i read this thread early this morning and work, the second i came home i made a Prince playlist in iTunes and jammed for about 5 hours. this song was the one that made me think, "this is the epitome of Prince's genius".

cheers! (now i'm listening to Sabbath w/Dio, go figure, right?)

Edited by artfromtex

Guest Apollo

Yes Prince is one of the true great musical artists of our times. MJ is an amazing pop star, and I love him, but there's really no comparison.

You hit the nail on the head.

Prince is one of the true great MUSICAL ARTISTS of all time. MJ is a POP STAR.

Prince is doing 3 full length shows in one night. When he was in New York a few months ago promoting the book, the show started somewhere around 8 or 9, did a full show. Then did a SECOND one, that went even longer. It was something like 30 or 40 songs.

Prince can produce and record. He can play all instruments and play them all well. He doesn't need a band but enjoys jamming.

Michael was a great dancer and entertainer. As far as voices go, they're both equal, I guess. But in retrospect is "Thriller" really THAT good?? The Girl Is Mine? The Lady In My Life? This is supposed to be his best album? I will say that song for song "Bad" (but hate the overproduced sound of it) and "Off The Wall" are better. Quincy Jones played a big part in assembling "Thriller" - he was the one that reached out to Eddie Van Halen (although Steve Lukather of Toto and overall great guitarist) was a session musician on there, and a friend of Ed's) .

Musicians respect Prince and a lot of respected artists have covered his songs (and vice versa), Michael Jackson is more for those who like Justin Timberlake and Usher.

Michael tries to stay relevant and is compelled to hire producers and guest singers and songwriters to try to get played on the radio. Prince doesn't care. He just puts it out and lets the public decide.

But either way, they both owe a lot to James Brown. There's footage of Prince and Michael from the early 80s on stage (at separate times) joining the Godfather of Soul.

Michael tries to stay relevant and is compelled to hire producers and guest singers and songwriters to try to get played on the radio. Prince doesn't care. He just puts it out and lets the public decide.

This is very true. Sometimes it works out great (Scream and You Are Not Alone), and sometimes it doesn't, as was the case with the lackluster response to You Rock My World. Fantastic song, but it's one of those songs that needs a few listens to fully appreciate.