U2 Discussion

CryptElf

Ooh I love U2! I was into them way before I got into GNR

I don't think that ATYCLB is a bad album at all.....lately everyone seems to be saying that that album sucks and Pop is amazing. I'm not sure why....I never liked Pop.

Zooropa took a while to grow on me, but it really is a fantastic album! The title track, "Dirty Day", "Babyface", "Numb", "SDABTO", and "Stay" are all FANTASTIC songs in my opinion.

EDIT:

By the way, I saw em at Giants Stadium in September and they ROCKED. That stage is fucking AMAZING! Here's a picture I took from before the stadium filled up with 82,000 people:

U2_360.jpg

5'd

Didn't want to make a whole thread for this. Just curious.....how do you guys rank the U2 albums?

Me:

1. Achtung Baby

2. October

3. Boy

4. War

5. Zooropa

6. Unforgetable Fire

7. Pop

8. Bomb

9. Million Dollar Hotel Soundtrack (If you don't have this, get it!!! Ground Beneath Her Feet, is gold)

10. Joshua Tree

11. Rattle and Hum

12. No Line...

13. Passengers

14. All That You can....

Edited by SunnyDRE

Didn't want to make a whole thread for this. Just curious.....how do you guys rank the U2 albums?

Me:

1. Achtung Baby: Best Tracks

2. October

3. Boy

4. War

5. Zooropa

6. Unforgetable Fire

7. Pop

8. Bomb

9. Million Dollar Hotel Soundtrack (If you don't have this, get it!!! Ground Beneath Her Feet, is gold)

10. Joshua Tree

11. Rattle and Hum

12. No Line...

13. Passengers

14. All That You can....

For me its Achtung Baby first by a long shot. However the order of the others changes depending on what mood I am in. However for me Zooropa is always high up and Passenger lower.

1. Achtung Baby

2. The Joshua Tree

3. The Unforgettable Fire

4. Boy

5. Pop

6. Rattle And Hum

7. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

8. All That You Can’t Leave Behind

9. Zooropa

10. Passengers

11. War

12. No Line On The Horizon

13. October

14. MDH Soundtrack

Cool to see you have Rattle.. so high. I love the live version of Pride from that album; In fact, I like that version better then the one on Unforgettable Fire.

CryptElf and I went over this the other day, but I've thought about it since then and changed my list up a bit.

1. Achtung Baby

2. The Joshua Tree

3. Zooropa

4. Boy

5. War

6. The Unforgettable Fire

7. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

8. Pop

9. No Line On The Horizon

10. All That You Can't Leave Behind

11. October

12. Rattle and Hum

13. Million Dollar Hotel Soundtrack

14. Passengers / Original Soundtracks 1

Even though Original Soundtracks 1 is last on my list, I still like it a lot. It's very interesting. Your Blue Room and Miss Sarajevo are two of U2's greatest tracks, in my opinion.

I saw a shirt for The Joshua Tree at Target and was gonna get it but decided on an Aerosmith shirt :(

It's the only album from them I have, and even though I love it, I like Aerosmith slightly more...

Get Achtung Baby and that might change your liking of them. I like Aerosmith, but I like U2 a lot more, and I bet Achtung Baby could do the same for you.

I saw a shirt for The Joshua Tree at Target and was gonna get it but decided on an Aerosmith shirt :(

It's the only album from them I have, and even though I love it, I like Aerosmith slightly more...

Get Achtung Baby and that might change your liking of them. I like Aerosmith, but I like U2 a lot more, and I bet Achtung Baby could do the same for you.

War is another good one to start off with.

1. The Joshua Tree

2. Achtung Baby

3. War

4. Boy

5. No Line on the Horizon

6. Zooropa

7. Rattle and Hum

8. Pop

The rest are pretty much tied.

*Except for the Million Dollar Hotel Soundtrack and Original Soundtracks 1. I doubt you've heard those.

Also, the rest can't be tied. No way you can tie October with Atomic Bomb. Or The Unforgettable Fire with All That You Can't Leave Behind. My guess is that you either haven't heard some of them (The Unforgettable Fire and October most likely), or you haven't listened to them in awhile. Go give them all a good listen again, then come back and make your list. >:[

1. The Joshua Tree

2. Achtung Baby

3. War

4. Boy

6. Zooropa

7. Rattle and Hum

8. Pop

*Except for the Million Dollar Hotel Soundtrack and Original Soundtracks 1. I doubt you've heard those.

Also, the rest can't be tied. No way you can tie October with Atomic Bomb. Or The Unforgettable Fire with All That You Can't Leave Behind. My guess is that you either haven't heard some of them (The Unforgettable Fire and October most likely), or you haven't listened to them in awhile. Go give them all a good listen again, then come back and make your list. >:[

Haven't heard October.

Only really like three songs on Unforgettable Fire.

1. The Joshua Tree

2. Achtung Baby

3. War

4. Boy

6. Zooropa

7. Rattle and Hum

8. Pop

But for some people they can be tied. Depending what mood I am in I will either really like a specific album or not listen to it really.

1. The Joshua Tree

2. Achtung Baby

3. War

4. Boy

6. Zooropa

7. Rattle and Hum

8. Pop

Haven't heard October.

Only really like three songs on Unforgettable Fire.

Give The Unforgettable Fire another good listen. And definitely look into the Million Dollar Hotel Soundtrack. Really good songs on it.

:|

This is most likely going to be the set-list for tonight. If anything, they'll play an extra song or (Desire, Pride, etc.) to make room for editing, but that's doubtful.

1. Breathe

2. Get On Your Boots

3. Magnificent

4. Mysterious Ways

5. Beautiful Day

6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

7. Stuck in A Moment

8. No Line on the Horizon

9. Elevation

10. In A Little While

11. Unknown Caller

12. Until the End of the World

13. The Unforgettable Fire

14. City of Blinding Lights

15. Vertigo

16. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight Remix

17. Sunday Bloody Sunday

18. MLK

19. Walk On

<Desmond Tutu Speech>

Encores:

20. One

21. Where The Streets Have No Name

22. Ultraviolet (Light My Way)

23. With Or Without You

24. Moment Of Surrender

Overall, I'm happy with the set-list. The only thing I would do differently is substitute Stay (Faraway, So Close!) for Stuck, and Your Blue Room for In A Little While.

Five ATYCLB songs for a 360 Tour show is too many. I love the songs being played, but I'd much rather hear the other two I suggested substituted for Stuck and IALW. :shrugs:

Regardless, I'm extremely excited for this concert stream!