U2 Discussion

CryptElf

U2 sucks. They're need to get real.

I'm too human for this shit. Can't relate to all this world peace.

Said like an ignorant person who doesnt know that a tiny minority of their songs are about peace.

I was kidding brah.

I love U2, I was mocking stacksondeck

I've always held "Bad" in high regard as one of the finer U2 songs.

Bono's lyrics chillingly captures what it's like to deal with a friend or loved one dealing with a heroin addiction (been in that situation more than once in my life).

I've always thought this was one of the best performances they ever gave of the song.

It's definitely a U2 highlight for me.

Guest floyd the barber

U2 is brilliant.

I was just listening to their last album and it amazes me how musical it is. A lot of rock albums recently have a dull and boring rhythm to it, but U2 always has a sense of good flow and style. I really like that, and that way they never become boring.

European Tour Dates were announced today.

I was hoping there would be more US dates for sometime over the summer instead. Oh well, that'll be the Fourth Leg most likely! :D

10 August, 2010 Commerzbank Arena Frankfurt

12 August, 2010 AWD Stadium Hannover

15 August, 2010 Stadium Horsens DK

20 August, 2010 Olympic Stadium Helsinki

25 August, 2010 Luzhniki Moscow

30 August, 2010 Ernst Happel Stadium Vienna

3 September, 2010 Olympic Stadium Athens

6 September, 2010 Ataturk Olympic Stadium Istanbul

15 September, 2010 Olympic Stadium Munich

18 September, 2010 Stade De France Paris

29 September, 2010 Olympic Stadium Seville

2 October, 2010 Stadium Coimbra PT

August 10th? That's quite a hiatus between legs, isn't it? Songs of Ascent release in between perhaps?

Edited by Black Sabbath

I've always held "Bad" in high regard as one of the finer U2 songs.

Bono's lyrics chillingly captures what it's like to deal with a friend or loved one dealing with a heroin addiction (been in that situation more than once in my life).

I've always thought this was one of the best performances they ever gave of the song.

It's definitely a U2 highlight for me.

Agreed. I've always loved "Bad" and I've always preferred it live. The performance of the song at Live Aid gave me chills.

European Tour Dates were announced today.

I was hoping there would be more US dates for sometime over the summer instead. Oh well, that'll be the Fourth Leg most likely! :D

10 August, 2010 Commerzbank Arena Frankfurt

12 August, 2010 AWD Stadium Hannover

15 August, 2010 Stadium Horsens DK

20 August, 2010 Olympic Stadium Helsinki

25 August, 2010 Luzhniki Moscow

30 August, 2010 Ernst Happel Stadium Vienna

3 September, 2010 Olympic Stadium Athens

6 September, 2010 Ataturk Olympic Stadium Istanbul

15 September, 2010 Olympic Stadium Munich

18 September, 2010 Stade De France Paris

29 September, 2010 Olympic Stadium Seville

2 October, 2010 Stadium Coimbra PT

August 10th? That's quite a hiatus between legs, isn't it? Songs of Ascent release in between perhaps?

Probably an Asia/ Australia tour

I think they are going to be hitting the U.S. in June and July.

Also, they're playing Russian and Turkey for the first time! I'm surprised they've never been there in 30 years...

I'm pretty sure that they are planning to do something with Songs Of Ascent between that gap.

Also, the band is releasing a new Remix CD for the annual subscribers to their site. I doubt I'll be able to get the money together to become a legitimate member before they release it, so I'll just have to get this one off of eBay like I did with Medium, Rare & Remastered.

Just download it off torrents like most people.

In other news I have a copy of the I'll Go Crazy Remix off the Single which is the remix they play live and it is awesome.

I doubt they will tour the US again before they come to Europe as they are touring US currently? Would make more sense for an Australiasia tour like they did at the end of the ZooTV tour and rumors for it have been very strong recently. We will see though. I expect more dates to be added to the Europe tour as am very surprised they are coming back to Ireland and England.

Edited by Tottenham Hotspur

Well I will download it, but I also have to buy it so it's in my collection.

As for the remixes, that's pretty cool. At my local CD store, they have the Magnificent Remixes CD for like $10. I might pick it up eventually.

Also, it seems as if they've been alternating these three songs a lot at the North American dates:

Your Blue Room

Until The End Of The World

Stay (Faraway, So Close!)

New Year's Day

Man, if they play any of these when I see them I'll be more than happy.

Also, at the latest gig in New Jersey, they did a fucking MOFO snippet! I can't find a video of it right now but I'm dying to here it...

Edited by Black Sabbath

They open with Breathe?

I've been listening to it, it's pretty bizarre song, sounds a bit like Angel of Harlem in a way.

Yeah it's actually a really good opener after they play Ground Control To Major Tom through the PA. Good chorus.

You have to admire them, even after No Line didn't sell that great they still had the balls to open with 3 songs off the new album and people have responded to it.

Great show! My dad and I had gotten there around noon and were in the first 500 people in the line. We lucked out and were in line next to some really nice people who we talked with the whole time while waiting.

When the gates opened we ended up going right into the pit, about 6-10 people away from the closest spot you can be.

1. Breathe

2. Magnificent

3. Get On Your Boots

4. Mysterious Ways

5. ISHFWILF / Stand by Me (snippet)

6. Elevation

7. Your Blue Room

8. Beautiful Day / Blackbird (snippet)

9. New Years Day

10. Stuck in a Moment

11. The Unforgettable Fire

12. MoFo (snippet) / City of Blinding Lights

13. Vertigo

14. Crazy Tonight / Don't Stop Til You Get Enough (snippet)

15. Sunday Bloody Sunday

16. MLK

17. Walk On

18. One / Amazing Grace (snippet)

19. Where the Streets Have No Name

20. Ultraviolet

21. With Or Without You

22. Moment of Surrender

There was an issue with the screen during Muse's set. A small part of it was out and it took a little longer during the intermission to get it fixed, so that's why they had to drop No Line On The Horizon and Unknown Caller. Even though I love both of those, I would have rather heard UC. Oh well though, it was still a great show!

It seems like the band gave a lot of love to the crowd behind the stage which was nice for the people back there. Adam, Bono and The Edge went back there a lot.

During Your Blue Room the bridge moved over RIGHT next to where I was and Bono stood on it and sang the whole song right there. It was great. He payed more attention the opposite side of the bridge, but when he turned to our side we all went nuts and I saw him have to adjust his earpiece because of the screaming. :lol:

You could tell his voice was straining a little and it was high pitched at times because of that, but he pulled through it and put on a hell of a show. He even got all of his falsetto parts done the way they should be without cracking, which I know he's been having trouble with in the past few shows.

Also, at the end of one of the songs, I forget which, he brought back the Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough snippet. :D

I'll upload some pictures later. Don't get too excited because the camera isn't the best at taking pictures at concerts with all of the lights, movement, etc. But, I did get a few nice ones.

Yeah, even though it was strained, he still did great. Also, it was a bit cold that night so that probably didn't help it either.

I ended up getting one of the $40 shirts from the vendors, 2 masks, 2 of the U2 bags they put your stuff in, and my dad and I each got an after-show bootleg-shirt. ^_^

Also, during City Of Blinding Lights, Bono brought a little boy up on stage to run around the stage with him. He also let him wear his sunglasses. Lucky little devil. :lol:

And during Sunday Blood Sunday, he brought a guy up on stage who had an American flag with him and who also looked middle eastern. It was quite awesome. The guy even got some mic time.

Edited by Black Sabbath

How was Muse?

Sounds like a fun time. I can't wait until I get myself a car and job, I'll be going to some concerts. Too many bands I love are getting too old.

And while I'm posting here; I know it's probably been asked, but I'm a lazy person... Which U2 album should I get? I'm not really into Post Punk at all, and I think that's what the style is on their first album or so. I really like "New Year's Day", "Beautiful Day", "Where The Streets Have No Names", "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For", and I like that new(er) song "I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight" or whatever it's called (the one with the animated music video).

Suggestions?