U2 Discussion

CryptElf

Yeah, for some reason I seem to like the rawer less alternative/ electronic type songs by U2.

Like I really love Rattle and Hum. I watched all the videos, I just haven't bought it yet.

But I still love Achtung Baby and Pop, they're just not my favorites.

Point is: U2 doesn't fucking disappoint. :thumbsup:

Hey, any word on Songs of Ascent yet?

In a February 2009 interview with Sean O'Hagan of The Guardian, Bono stated that U2 would release another album by the end of the year that would consist of material recorded during the No Line on the Horizon sessions, labelling it "a more meditative album on the theme of pilgrimage". Provisionally titled Songs of Ascent, it will be a sister release to No Line on the Horizon in a similar way that Zooropa was to Achtung Baby. The first single is intended to be "Every Breaking Wave", which the band hopes to release early in 2010. In a later interview with the Irish Independent in June 2009, Bono noted that although nine tracks had been completed, the album would be released only if the quality surpassed that of No Line on the Horizon, and that it would not be in 2009.

I'm hoping the band breaks out Until The End Of The World and Your Blue Room for this show. I've got a good feeling about UTEOTW because they've been playing it the past couple of shows. As for Your Blue Room; I'd love to have a Pro-Shot recording of it as I love the song, and I love it even more live!

They played a fairly... "normal" set-list for the Sheffield radio broadcast, so they really need to break out some songs that aren't at every show!

I'm hoping the band breaks out Until The End Of The World and Your Blue Room for this show. I've got a good feeling about UTEOTW because they've been playing it the past couple of shows. As for Your Blue Room; I'd love to have a Pro-Shot recording of it as I love the song, and I love it even more live!

They played a fairly... "normal" set-list for the Sheffield radio broadcast, so they really need to break out some songs that aren't at every show!

I reckon it will be the opposite. LIke at Wembley 1 when there were loads of Press and Celebs there watching it they played a "safe" set as they did at Sheffield at the broadcast so there is a chance they will go for another safe one here. However it will be a bit pointless if they so as most of the songs will already be on about 4 DVDs of theirs.

This would be the best set-list for this show:

1. Breathe

2. Get On Your Boots

3. Magnificent

4. Mysterious Ways

5. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

6. No Line On The Horizon

7. Elevation

8. Your Blue Room

9. Beautiful Day

10. Unknown Caller

11. Until The End Of The World

12. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of ---OR--- Stay (Faraway, So Close!)

13. Unforgettable Fire

14. City of Blinding Lights

15. Vertigo

16. Crazy Tonight Remix

17. Sunday Bloody Sunday

18. MLK

19. Walk On

---Encore---

20. One

21. Where The Streets Have No Name

22. Ultraviolet (Light My Way)

23. With Or Without You

24. Moment of Surrender

Here's hoping they at least include Your Blue Room of all songs!!!

Just bought Zooropa.

This CD better be amazing or I'm killing Black_Sabbath.

Dirty Day is a fantastic track. You better not fail to see the greatness in that album.

Especially coming from someone who said All That You Can't Leave Behind is fantastic. :|

U2's weakest album, in my opinion. Only worth buying for Beautiful Day and Walk On.....

Just bought Zooropa.

This CD better be amazing or I'm killing Black_Sabbath.

Dirty Day is a fantastic track. You better not fail to see the greatness in that album.

Especially coming from someone who said All That You Can't Leave Behind is fantastic. :|

U2's weakest album, in my opinion. Only worth buying for Beautiful Day and Walk On.....

Beautiful Day, Walk On, Elevation and Stuck are my favorites from the album.

It annoys me so much though because they play about 5 songs a night on average from that album. I like Stuck, but they need to drop that and In A Little While and just do Your Blue Room and Stay each night.

I like ATYCLB. Nowhere near their best but Stuck, Walk On, Kite are great tunes, Beautiful Day, Elavation (live version) and In A Little While are good too.

The acoustic version of Stuck of the 7 ep is brilliant, mainly because of Edge's vocals at the end. Gets me every time. Anyway I agree, more off Zooropa would be great to hear live but to be honest I'd love to hear some stuff off Pop... Staring At The Sun, Do You Feel Loved, Discotheque, Wake Up Dead Man, so many classics on that album.

Ooh I love U2! I was into them way before I got into GNR

I don't think that ATYCLB is a bad album at all.....lately everyone seems to be saying that that album sucks and Pop is amazing. I'm not sure why....I never liked Pop.

Zooropa took a while to grow on me, but it really is a fantastic album! The title track, "Dirty Day", "Babyface", "Numb", "SDABTO", and "Stay" are all FANTASTIC songs in my opinion.

EDIT:

By the way, I saw em at Giants Stadium in September and they ROCKED. That stage is fucking AMAZING! Here's a picture I took from before the stadium filled up with 82,000 people:

U2_360.jpg

Edited by Rock_And_Roll_Over