U2 Discussion

CryptElf

For starting I'd say go for The Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, All That You Can't Leave Behind and No Line On The Horizon. Most of the tunes you said you liked are in those, and their a great start off to listening to U2 - albums like Zooropa, The Unforgettable Fire etc. are amazing but I found them harder to get into at first so wouldn't recommend starting with them.

Black Sabbath, sounds like a great show, great to hear Your Blue Room made the setlist!

Great show! My dad and I had gotten there around noon and were in the first 500 people in the line. We lucked out and were in line next to some really nice people who we talked with the whole time while waiting.

When the gates opened we ended up going right into the pit, about 6-10 people away from the closest spot you can be.

1. Breathe

2. Magnificent

3. Get On Your Boots

4. Mysterious Ways

5. ISHFWILF / Stand by Me (snippet)

6. Elevation

7. Your Blue Room

8. Beautiful Day / Blackbird (snippet)

9. New Years Day

10. Stuck in a Moment

11. The Unforgettable Fire

12. MoFo (snippet) / City of Blinding Lights

13. Vertigo

14. Crazy Tonight / Don't Stop Til You Get Enough (snippet)

15. Sunday Bloody Sunday

16. MLK

17. Walk On

18. One / Amazing Grace (snippet)

19. Where the Streets Have No Name

20. Ultraviolet

21. With Or Without You

22. Moment of Surrender

There was an issue with the screen during Muse's set. A small part of it was out and it took a little longer during the intermission to get it fixed, so that's why they had to drop No Line On The Horizon and Unknown Caller. Even though I love both of those, I would have rather heard UC. Oh well though, it was still a great show!

It seems like the band gave a lot of love to the crowd behind the stage which was nice for the people back there. Adam, Bono and The Edge went back there a lot.

During Your Blue Room the bridge moved over RIGHT next to where I was and Bono stood on it and sang the whole song right there. It was great. He payed more attention the opposite side of the bridge, but when he turned to our side we all went nuts and I saw him have to adjust his earpiece because of the screaming. :lol:

You could tell his voice was straining a little and it was high pitched at times because of that, but he pulled through it and put on a hell of a show. He even got all of his falsetto parts done the way they should be without cracking, which I know he's been having trouble with in the past few shows.

Also, at the end of one of the songs, I forget which, he brought back the Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough snippet. :D

I'll upload some pictures later. Don't get too excited because the camera isn't the best at taking pictures at concerts with all of the lights, movement, etc. But, I did get a few nice ones.

Pics or it didn't happen.

After listening to this recording, it made me remember that during the Crazy Tonight Remix, when Bono was asking the crowd to sing after him "I know I'll go crazy" the first two times, we messed up and started singing too soon so he's like "Let's try again". :lol:

Bono also did the Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough snippet towards the end of the remix which I thought was awesome.

Cool. :)

Was bored just now so I've decided to try and make a bootleg of my ideal setlist with the audio taken from various gigs. This setlist will probably have changed in about 15 minutes mind.

1. City Of Blinding Lights

2. Beautiful Day

3. Until The End Of The World

4. Cry/Electric Co.

5. Out Of Control

6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

7. All I Want Is You

8. Elevation

9. Angel Of Harlem

10. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of (Acoustic)

12. Zoo Station

13. Mysterious Ways

14. Pride (In The Name Of Love)

15. Unknown Caller

16. Running To Stand Still

17. Staring At The Sun (Acoustic)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix)

19. One

20. Yahweh (Acoustic)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21. Where The Streets Have No Name

22. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)

23. With Or Without You

24. 40 (Chicago version)

Was bored just now so I've decided to try and make a bootleg of my ideal setlist with the audio taken from various gigs. This setlist will probably have changed in about 15 minutes mind.

2. Beautiful Day

4. Cry/Electric Co.

5. Out Of Control

7. All I Want Is You

8. Elevation

9. Angel Of Harlem

12. Zoo Station

13. Mysterious Ways

15. Unknown Caller

19. One

20. Yahweh (Acoustic)

23. With Or Without You

24. 40 (Chicago version)

Nice setlist, but I'd probably put City of Blinding Lights somewhere else and open with No Line. I just think that would be an awesome opener!

2. Beautiful Day

4. Cry/Electric Co.

5. Out Of Control

7. All I Want Is You

8. Elevation

9. Angel Of Harlem

12. Zoo Station

13. Mysterious Ways

15. Unknown Caller

19. One

20. Yahweh (Acoustic)

23. With Or Without You

24. 40 (Chicago version)

Nice setlist, but I'd probably put City of Blinding Lights somewhere else and open with No Line. I just think that would be an awesome opener!

every show should open with "I Will Follow".............when Bono says "one, two, three, four" on the album version, it sends chills down my spine every time.

2. Beautiful Day

4. Cry/Electric Co.

5. Out Of Control

7. All I Want Is You

8. Elevation

9. Angel Of Harlem

12. Zoo Station

13. Mysterious Ways

15. Unknown Caller

19. One

20. Yahweh (Acoustic)

23. With Or Without You

24. 40 (Chicago version)

every show should open with "I Will Follow".............when Bono says "one, two, three, four" on the album version, it sends chills down my spine every time.

If not that, then I believe it should be played at at least every show. Love the song live.

Have you seen them on this tour yet, or are you planning to?

For starting I'd say go for The Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, All That You Can't Leave Behind and No Line On The Horizon. Most of the tunes you said you liked are in those, and their a great start off to listening to U2 - albums like Zooropa, The Unforgettable Fire etc. are amazing but I found them harder to get into at first so wouldn't recommend starting with them.

Black Sabbath, sounds like a great show, great to hear Your Blue Room made the setlist!

u2 is one those bands that i think people should actually start with on their begining albums. i don't think you can go wrong by starting with joshua or the 90's stuff, but if i was going to tell someone where to start, i would recommend, boy, war, and october.

u2 is one those bands that i think people should actually start with on their begining albums. i don't think you can go wrong by starting with joshua or the 90's stuff, but if i was going to tell someone where to start, i would recommend, boy, war, and october.

If I remember right, Boy was the first album of theirs I ever had, and I Will Follow and Electric Co. had me hooked.