U2 Discussion

CryptElf

People don't give Boy enough love. I never did either, but recently I've been liking it a lot more.

I Will Follow

An Cat Dubh

Into The Heart

Out Of Control

Stories For Boys

A Day Without Me

The Electric Co.

Shadows and Tall Trees

All of those are solid tracks from Boy, in my opinion.

You forgot the best track, Another Time Another Place.

God I hate "40"!!

it's one the handful of U2 songs that I do not like. The Ocean is a better instrutmental....

I'm not a fan of the studio version, in fact I don't really like anything off War (the only U2 album I just completely dismiss). I love to hear Sunday Bloody Sunday and 40 live though, great conclusion to the Chicago show I thought, with the band slowly shrinking to just LM Jr. who finishes the show. Moment Of Surrender was a cool end when I saw them as well.

God I hate "40"!!

it's one the handful of U2 songs that I do not like. The Ocean is a better instrutmental....

I'm not a fan of the studio version, in fact I don't really like anything off War (the only U2 album I just completely dismiss). I love to hear Sunday Bloody Sunday and 40 live though, great conclusion to the Chicago show I thought, with the band slowly shrinking to just LM Jr. who finishes the show. Moment Of Surrender was a cool end when I saw them as well.

wow.

I love War. It's not my fave u2 album, but I think it is easily the most accesible of their first couple of albums. In fact, I know this will sound blasphemous....but I think War is the album, the clash wanted london calling to be......JMO.

God I hate "40"!!

wow.

I love War. It's not my fave u2 album, but I think it is easily the most accesible of their first couple of albums. In fact, I know this will sound blasphemous....but I think War is the album, the clash wanted london calling to be......JMO.

I dunno.. I'm a massive Clash fan (though their not amongst my favourites like U2 is) so obviously London Calling is the one for me but I can see where you're coming from. The songs do capture a lot, maybe why Sunday Bloody Sunday is (imo) such a live favourite, the performance at slane in '01 is incredible. To me their the kind of songs that are made for performing live and don't hold up as well in the studio as many of U2's other records, but that's just to me. Out of the earlier albums I'd have to pick Boy though - songs like Electric Co. and Another Time Another Place just appeal to me more.

Edited by Snake Eyes

You probably already know this, but you're going to have an amazing time, BS. I was at the first Chicago show, and was totally blown away.

I was about three rows of people away from the outer rail, and got a great view of the screen/light show. Unfortunately, the band stayed on the main stage almost the entire show, so I didn't feel that close to the band most of the time.

Of course, when they did go to the outer rail...

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

No, sadly they didn't. The second night was really the show to be at. They played that AND gave "Your Blue Room" it's live debut. We did get "Bad" though!

We got in line at about 11 AM (gates opened at 5). There was roughly 1000 people in front of us, but we still got great positions.

We're not worried about waiting in line at all, I'm just worried about what time to leave here to get there. :lol:

It's about a 100 mile drive to the venue and I'd like to get there at least 2-3 hours early (before the gates open which seems to be set at 5PM), but I'm taking off school that day, so we'll be able to leave quite early most likely.

I'm so fucking pumped. This weekend I'm buying a new pack of white shirts and making my own shirt for the show.

This is what the BACK will look like.

152iyo8.jpg

I also might put the new logo above the names.

This one:

U

=

Also, did people get on stage for Walk On? If so, what is that about? If I have to print out a mask to get on stage for the song, I fucking will. :lol:

Edited by Black Sabbath

Well, from what I heard, the earliest people got there as early as 4 a.m. I would say you should definitely get there before noon, because the line starts building fast.

I dig the shirt. :thumbsup: I bought two shirts at the show. Expensive as hell, but dammit, they have good memories.

Yeah, during "Walk On" people wearing Aung San Suu Kyi masks walked around the outer catwalk. They were all wearing Amnesty International or ONE Campaign shirts though, so they were likely designated to go onstage. Still, plenty of fans had masks out. It's a pretty emotional part of the show, definitely a highlight.

I actually was able to film the entire concert. I'll try to get some clips up!

Wow, the whole show! It'd be great if you could upload the whole thing. :D I'm taking my camera, but I'll probably be more into the show than taking pictures, but after seeing how well the footage comes out more than pictures, I will record some stuff.

But yeah, I have a ONE bracelet, but no shirt. :tongue2: I do plan on buying at least a shirt and tour program at the concert though. On their website the programs are $20 which isn't half bad! Shirts are $40 if I'm not mistaken.

Well, not the whole show. A good 85% of it though. Didn't get any of "Stuck in a Moment" or "City of Blinding Lights." But everything I did record did go to a DVD. I'm uploading "Walk On" right now, and will probably also put up "Ultra Violet," which in my opinion is the best part of the show.