U2 Discussion

CryptElf

I'm going to be honest... I think The Unforgettable Fire is my least favorite U2 album. :(

My least favourite has to be War. I just can't get into that album, especially New Years Day - I don't like that song and never have. No clue why.

For me its Rattle and Hum. Has a couple of ok songs like All I Want Is You and Desire but the rest is average at best and the Live stuff on there doesnt do it for me.

And BS they arent releasing them based on 25 year anniversaries as they have already released the Joshua Tree remaster.

I'm going to be honest... I think The Unforgettable Fire is my least favorite U2 album. :(

My least favourite has to be War. I just can't get into that album, especially New Years Day - I don't like that song and never have. No clue why.

For me its Rattle and Hum. Has a couple of ok songs like All I Want Is You and Desire but the rest is average at best and the Live stuff on there doesnt do it for me.

And BS they arent releasing them based on 25 year anniversaries as they have already released the Joshua Tree remaster.

True, the live ones don't have the same kick other recordings like Under A Blood Red Sky do.

I think I might get a few shirts off the U2.com shop. Few going got $15 dollars which if I add shipping to the UK will still be cheaper then most places. Might get a R&H tshirt even though I dislike the album.

Edit: The Sheffield Bootleg from last night is amazing. Was played on Radio so it was the first genunine 5* bootleg of the tour.

Edited by Tottenham Hotspur

Edit: The Sheffield Bootleg from last night is amazing. Was played on Radio so it was the first genunine 5* bootleg of the tour.

Yeah I remember reading about that on a U2 forum. Obviously I would have much rathered it be a video broadcast (which I hope they do one eventually), but the audio is still cool. :thumbsup:

As for Edge's version of SBS on the Popmart DVD: Yes, he did do a very good job. The Edge is actually a very good singer.

And speaking of other members singing, I'm reading things about them maybe bringing Your Blue Room into the set-list. :o If that's true, then we'll get to see Adam singing live!

Well they will release a DVD from the tour as they always do. Hopefully it will be a European show as there have been alot others released with Boston 01. Mexico 97. Australia 93. Chicago 05. I imagine it will come down to Wembley first night. Dublin third night or maybe Barcelona second night.

A casual fan like myself, I'm not hardcore, find Bono annoying, dislike The Edge, and get quickly bored of his boring, delayed guitar work, is it worth me getting NLOTH? I liked the first 2 singles, but think the new one is dog shite :lol: Or should I wait 2 years to pick it up for a fiver in the second hand shop?

Yeah, they'll definitely release an official copy, but also on the other tours, there have been a few Pro-Shot broadcasts that they've done as well. I'd be surprised if they didn't do it for this one, but I'm sure they will at one point.

Whenever they do release a show, I hope they don't edit a lot of it. Every show they've released has been edited quite a bit, and Popmart is the only DVD they they kept the whole set-list.

A casual fan like myself, I'm not hardcore, find Bono annoying, dislike The Edge, and get quickly bored of his boring, delayed guitar work, is it worth me getting NLOTH? I liked the first 2 singles, but think the new one is dog shite :lol: Or should I wait 2 years to pick it up for a fiver in the second hand shop?

I was in HMV today and they had NLOTH for £7.99 if you are tempted to go a little above £5 :lol:

I would check out their 90's work though Achtung Baby, Zooropa and POP as they very different to what they had done previously and there is alot less of the delay which is prominent on earlier and later albums.

Buy it. Thank me later. :thumbsup:

This is probably a good mix of their songs, from early to late.....

BOY: I Will Follow, The Electric Co

OCTOBER: Gloria, October

WAR: Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Year's Day, Like a Song, Drowning Man

UNFORGETTABLE FIRE: A Sort of Homecoming, Pride, The Unforgettable Fire, Bad

THE JOSHUA TREE: Where the Streets Have No Name, Still Havent Found, With or Without You, Bullet the Blue Sky, Red Hill Mining Town, Exit

RATTLE & HUM: Desire, Angel of Harlem, Heartland, All I Want is You, (Sunday Bloody Sunday Live...)

ACHTUNG BABY: Even Better than the Real Thing, One, Until the End of the World, The Fly, Ultraviolet, Acrobat

ZOOROPA: Zooropa, Numb, Lemon, Stay

POP: Discotheque, Do You Feel Loved, Mofo, Gone, If You Wear that Velvet Dress, Please

ALL THAT YOU CANT LEAVE BEHIND: Beautiful Day, Walk On, Kite, The Ground Beneath Her Feet

HOW TO DIMANTLE AN ATOMIC BOMB: Vertigo, Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Cant Make it on your Own, City of Blinding Lights, Yahweh

NO LINE ON THE HORIZON: No Line on the Horizon, Magnificent, Moment of Surrender, Unknown Caller, Fez Being Born, Breathe

Good list, my favourites would probably be;

Running To Stand Still, Until The End Of The World, Crumbs From Your Table, Where The Streets Have No Name, With Or Without You, Electric Co, Angel Of Harlem, Mysterious Ways, Stuck In A Moment You Can’t Get Out Of, City Of Blinding Lights, Bullet The Blue Sky, Yahweh, Discotheque, The Fly, Out Of Control, 40, I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight, Desire, Zoo Station, Kite, Even Better Than The Real Thing, One, Elevation, Walk On, I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For, Vertigo, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own, I Will Follow.

You're Scottish. You're idea of fun is a deep-fried Mars Bar. You know nothing. Go take a serious look at yourself in the mirror. Thank me later.

:lol: Couldn't resist :D

Arsehole. No Emma Watson pictures for you for a whole day. :lol:

People don't give Boy enough love. I never did either, but recently I've been liking it a lot more.

I Will Follow

An Cat Dubh

Into The Heart

Out Of Control

Stories For Boys

A Day Without Me

The Electric Co.

Shadows and Tall Trees

All of those are solid tracks from Boy, in my opinion.

Especially live. I Will Follow in Milan, Electric Co. in Chicago and Out Of Control at Slane were all great performances.

Yeah, the band really needs to pick up one or two of those to play on the current tour. Same with more from Achtung Baby. I mean c'mon, why in the hell aren't they playing The Fly and Until The End Of The World at every show?! They haven't even played The Fly yet at all. :angry:

After seeing them live I understand why they havent. I mean firstly The Fly doesnt really suit this tour at the moment. Secondly they are trying to bring back older less played tracks like Unforgettable Fire and Ultraviolet whereas The Fly was played on Elevatio and Vertigo tours. I think they have the mix more or less right for the tour.

• 3 weeks later...