Took My Girls To See The Jonas Bros

tat2d1

I took my girls to see the Jonas Bros last nite. When they introduced their backup band, they introduced their braided keyboard player as Axl Rose before actually giving his real name. I thought it was kinda funny.

I have never heard screaming so loud. Little girls have massive lung power.

On a side note, & I'll prob get crucified for saying this, but I've seen well over 200 bands in concert and these kids outperformed most of the bands I've seen. Not my kind of music, but those boys have got some talent. Now, if they'd just get out from under the Disney umbrella.....

those boys have got some talent

lol

Just because it's music you don't like doesn't mean that there's no talent there. There's all kinds of musical styles that don't suit my tastes, but I can still acknowledge/recognize the talent/skill it takes to perform.

For instance, I hate Nirvana, and quite frankly think the best thing Cobain could do to secure his "legacy" was putting that bullet through his head, but regardless of what I think, the guy had talent, a gift.

And,yes they performed live. Didn't sound like there was any backing tracks. They had a horn section, all that crap.

They surprised me, they were better than I thought they'd be. One hell of a stage too.

Main thing is, my girls had the time of their lives. My step daughter is 10, my daughter is 6. Most likely I've only got so long with my daughter, so it was SOOOO worth it just to see the joy on her face.

Just because it's music you don't like doesn't mean that there's no talent there. There's all kinds of musical styles that don't suit my tastes, but I can still acknowledge/recognize the talent/skill it takes to perform.

For instance, I hate Nirvana, and quite frankly think the best thing Cobain could do to secure his "legacy" was putting that bullet through his head, but regardless of what I think, the guy had talent, a gift.

Why do people always have to bring up Nirvana at one point or another whilst in a discussion with me on this forum? I barely even listen to them anymore.

And please don't try teaching me about objectivity. I view a lot of things objectively, music is one of them. The only people related to the Jonas Brothers that have talent are the people who groomed them to be superstars and make a lot of money.

Am i the only one who sees an IMMENSE contradiction in that statement? Does that stand to say that you conciously choose to believe things in certain instances that you know not to be true? And Lithum, stop talking about Nirvana, for the love of God man!!! :lol: Nirvana, Nirvana, Nirvana, GOD, you'd think the Sex Pistols had never formed or something :rolleyes:

Why do people always have to bring up Nirvana at one point or another whilst in a discussion with me on this forum? I barely even listen to them anymore.

I'll make a wild guess here and go with your username being Lithium.

I'll make a wild guess here and go with your username being Lithium.

That can also mean that I'm a science-geek or depressive, though :lol:

Am i the only one who sees an IMMENSE contradiction in that statement? Does that stand to say that you conciously choose to believe things in certain instances that you know not to be true?

It just means that just because I don't like it doesn't mean that I still can't recognize talent/skill, nothing more.

And, Lithium, I could've used several other examples (ANY country act, U2, The entire 90's era Metallica, Michael Jackson, to name a few), but admittedly your choice of username made Nirvana come to mind first.

One could also argue that there had to be something there to make someone want to groom them into "stars" to begin with.

Edited by tat2d1

Am i the only one who sees an IMMENSE contradiction in that statement? Does that stand to say that you conciously choose to believe things in certain instances that you know not to be true?

It just means that just because I don't like it doesn't mean that I still can't recognize talent/skill, nothing more.

I'm sorry, just doesn't seem to be saying that the way you worded it. Sorry.

U2

You're not trying to say that The Jonas Brothers are more talented than U2, are you?

If so: :facepalm:

If not: Disregard my post.

One could also argue that there had to be something there to make someone want to groom them into "stars" to begin with.

Thats not how it works nowadays unfortunately, you don't always need talent to become stars. The fact that they are a group of young brothers who young girls go crazy about is all it seems to take.

They can sing, they are young and look good, can play guitar(somewhat), but they are nothing without a back-up band with real musicians. They'll fade away eventually, but as long as they put on a good show, good for them. JMO.

U2

You're not trying to say that The Jonas Brothers are more talented than U2, are you?

Not at all. I said I could've used U2 as another example of a band that, while I personally don't like them , are talented musicians. What in the world made you think I was saying the Jonas Bros are more talented than U2, lack of reading comprehension skills or something?

Cutie pie faces...

That and the "brothers" novelty factor.

Marginal talent cranked through the Disney hype machine...they're masters at it.

Pre-teen novelty songs...

Glad the kiddies had a blast....but the three brothers up on that stage all on their lonesome would have sounded...errrr...not as "skilled".

U2

Not at all. I said I could've used U2 as another example of a band that, while I personally don't like them , are talented musicians. What in the world made you think I was saying the Jonas Bros are more talented than U2, lack of reading comprehension skills or something?

Just that right there. :lol: My mistake.

The things parents will do for their kiddies. :P

For real, that's cool. :thumbsup: Glad you had a good time!

It's also good to know the name Axl Rose still gets the girlies screechin'. :wub:

EDIT: Wait, were they screaming about Axl or JB? :lol:

Edited by AxlsAngel

nah, I don't take em seriously. I know that they're a fad that'll fade. I was just surprised at how much they put into their shows. I still stand by my opinion that they outperformed alot of the bands I've seen as far as stage show & energy. Atleast they use a LIVE backup band instead of pre-recorded backing tracks ;)

I think the Axl comment was probably for the parents in the crowd, since most the girlies prob don't know or care about Axl. The show was in St.Louis , so maybe it was a stab because Axl is definitely remembered in St. Louis ;)

Edited by tat2d1