Ace Frehley to release ANOMALY 9.15.09

Stiff Competition

Hey people, check out the new song and soon to be released album by the man who is most responsible for KISS' sound, the spaceman himself, Ace Frehley. Yeah KISS has their new album coming out with catboy(who I actually do have alot of respect for) and fakeace playing their parts on it but after 20 years, Ace is finally releasing his newest solo record on 9.15.09.

Here's the first single...

Ace Frehley - Outer Space

He's releasing it on his own label, Bronx Born Records and it wil be issued on cd, vinyl and through itunes. A full tour will happen in the fall, with select warm up shows already being announced, the first of which is September 12th at the Viper Room in West Hollywood as part of the Sunset Strip Music Festival (which I will be attending)

tracklisting for Anomaly:

1. Foxy & Free

2. Outer Space

3. Pain In The Neck

4. Fox On The Run

5. Genghis Khan

6. Too Many Faces

7. Change The World

8. Space Bear

9. A Little Below The Angels

10. Sister

11. It's A Great Life

12. Fractured Quantum

13. The Return of Space Bear (Dedicated to Tom Snyder) [iTunes Exclusive album only track]

ace1.jpg

he also has an instructional dvd coming out shortly after the album drops which features matt sorum, john 5 and chris wyse

file000_847.jpg

If you guys missed him on last years Rocket Ride '08 tour, don't miss him this time, he and his band put on a hell of a show and play the hell out of his solo stuff and old KISS tunes.

Edited by Stiff Competition

The song's pretty cool. A lot heavier than what I was expecting, but I like the style. A nice old-school Metal song. The singing's not all that great, but I can look past it in this case. I've been looking forward to this album for quite some time. Since January, actually.

EDIT: I know "Fox On The Run" is a Sweet cover, but I wonder if "Genghis Khan" is an Iron Maiden cover. That'd be amusing to hear.

Edited by LightningBolt

The song's pretty cool. A lot heavier than what I was expecting, but I like the style. A nice old-school Metal song. The singing's not all that great, but I can look past it in this case. I've been looking forward to this album for quite some time. Since January, actually.

haha it's Ace, he's not known to be a good singer, I dig his vocals though, he's got a very unique sound to his voice, always has but I get where you're coming from and I am gonna be biased because Ace is the man who single handedly got me into rock music and helped make me who I am today, so yah, he's my favorite...andd Yah it's heavier than I expected as well. I've been waiting for this album since I was 14 (23 now).

That sounds awesome! Could someone recommend me some of his other solo-work?

The '78 solo album which would most likely be filed under KISS and titled "Ace Frehley" and then "Trouble Walkin'" is a great album as is "Frehley's Comet" though that one is a little more "80's rock"

Thanks, I'll check it out!

B) very cool!

Stiff is right...the Rocket Ride tour was great!

Hell...every Ace tour is a fuckin blast!

And I've seen a lot of them.

I'll definitely be getting the new cd and I'll be at the tour...somewhere!

Go Ace!

• 4 weeks later...

There's a few different versions.

Walmart has a version that comes with an Ace tatoo.

Best Buy has a version that is printed on silver stock (like the Kiss Double Platinum release).

And there's a limited edition version that is personally autographed that you can get through his website (cd and/or vinyl).

That's what I ordered.. B)

Best Buy has a version that is printed on silver stock (like the Kiss Double Platinum release).

And there's a limited edition version that is personally autographed that you can get through his website (cd and/or vinyl).

I already have an official copy of the album. I cannot say how I got it but it is certainly fantastic. Some songs are a little different than what you might expect from Ace but I love them and they grow on me more each time i listen, fantastic album.

I already have an official copy of the album. I cannot say how I got it but it is certainly fantastic. Some songs are a little different than what you might expect from Ace but I love them and they grow on me more each time i listen, fantastic album.

Great!

Can't wait!!

Have you heard the bonus song yet??

Great!

Can't wait!!

Have you heard the bonus song yet??

nope haven't heard it because it's an itunes only thing. I have a physical copy of it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...