Aerosmith to replace Steve Tyler?

spunko12345

Who cares, they were never going to have any significant affect on the music industry in the future anyway.

With respect, you're wrong.

How so? I can't think of a single one of those long-lasting rock bands like Queen or AC/DC, who have released something remotely new and refreshing in their later days. And that's cool for those who want to hear virtually the same music they made 20-30 years ago again, but for anyone else, it gets tedious after a while.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they don't continue the name Aerosmith with a different singer

Huh, sounds sort of familiar.... :rolleyes:

And about them not making any impact on the music industry in the future - is that all that matters? I like being able to go out and see a band that I love playing the songs I love. They have already proven themselves in my book, so why do they need to make a huge impact this late in their career? I'd love to see a new Aerosmith album, a good solid one just for the fans. The industry in this day and age isn't really geared towards old school rock anyway.

By the way -- if anyone hasn't heard Joe Perry's solo album, you should check out the track "Do You Wonder". The singer sounds EXACTLY like Steven!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=129987

Joe Perry is bitter. He want's to rock the boat until Steven quits, I have not read any article online that Steven intends to quit the band, the only thing he remotly said was he wants to do somthing with his own brand.

Im sure Joe just wants him out for whatever reason.

Read a little between the lines,

Joe refuses to even say Steven's name, he just refers to him as "the other singer".

In the end nobody wins, Joe perry's solo album is bland, and nothing Steven is going to dish out will be any different.

Rock history repeats itself I suppose.

And about them not making any impact on the music industry in the future - is that all that matters? I like being able to go out and see a band that I love playing the songs I love. They have already proven themselves in my book, so why do they need to make a huge impact this late in their career? I'd love to see a new Aerosmith album, a good solid one just for the fans. The industry in this day and age isn't really geared towards old school rock anyway.

Agreed.

There's no Aerosmith without Tyler and his big mouth..literally..

You're right!

Who cares, they were never going to have any significant affect on the music industry in the future anyway.

How so? I can't think of a single one of those long-lasting rock bands like Queen or AC/DC, who have released something remotely new and refreshing in their later days. And that's cool for those who want to hear virtually the same music they made 20-30 years ago again, but for anyone else, it gets tedious after a while.

I can agree with you about some. But do you really think that Queen's latest album were like the early ones in the 70's??? And you think the Queen+PR album were like the old ones? To me it was definitely something very new.. well.. And the music don't have to change the world to deserve a place out there..

Agreed.

Thank you rock and roll over, well said!

Edited by Scaramouche

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=129987

Joe Perry is bitter. He want's to rock the boat until Steven quits, I have not read any article online that Steven intends to quit the band, the only thing he remotly said was he wants to do somthing with his own brand.

Im sure Joe just wants him out for whatever reason.

Read a little between the lines,

Joe refuses to even say Steven's name, he just refers to him as "the other singer".

In the end nobody wins, Joe perry's solo album is bland, and nothing Steven is going to dish out will be any different.

Rock history repeats itself I suppose.

Seems like it.

Steven's been going through a rough patch lately though right? I remember hearing about his seperation or divorce from his wife and a stint in rehab again.

Maybe they all need to go thier seperate ways for a bit then come back together.

Listen to Rocks, then listen to Get A Grip, then listen to Just Push Play, then listen to Honkin' On Bobo, THEN tell me Aerosmith have made the same music for 20-30 years ago.

i wanted another album. its a stupid idea. we all remember queens latest album :(

Anything wrong with Queen's latest album? I don't mind Made In Heaven, it's a great album. Or did you mean Queen + Paul Rodgers? <_<

the one with paul rodgers, sorry, i thought it was assumed