Physical albums or digital?

LightningBolt

Physical vs. Digital  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay, so I'd have thought this topic would've been made before, as it seems like a pretty simple, unoriginal question, but one that's fun to debate either way. If it has been made, don't blame me, blame the crappy search engine that the site has.

Which do you prefer? I always buy physical albums, because it feels like I just have more options. With a physical album you can just import it onto your computer and use with iTunes if you have an iPod, in addition to the benefits that a physical copy has (like popping a disc in the car or using your super-expensive, very nice stereo). To be fair, I haven't done much research with digital media, and I don't use it often so I don't have very much experience with it, but I'm old-fashion and just like having my CD (inb4oldpeoplesayoldfashionedisvinylorsomething). Do you guys prefer any kind of physical album or digital albums?

Edited by LightningBolt

I try to buy vinyl as often as I can afford it or find it. The newer releases usually comes with a digital download or cd included so there's no reason to not buy it. I listen to most of my music through my ipod though so if I buy a physical product I'll always rip it to the computer.

The sad part is I prefer physical but my digital collection smokes my physical one. I love having the cover art and the CD and the mastered sound but its just so much easier and cheaper to download. I always go see bands that I like so I am supporting them in some way I guess. For example Ive seen mastodon twice this year and i know they saw more of that money than what I paid for their Crack the Skye CD

As a minimalist, I don't like clutter and throw away the physical CD. I don't enjoy shopping so I buy most things online. I don't even really have the patience to wait for the mail.Downloading is perfect for me. Usually it's the lowest cost as well (legal downloads that is). It's just music to me. I liked CD artwork too but I have a fear of ever being sentimental about the past, and rather embrace the future. I can't wait until they come up with digital food.

You...throw out...the CDs? Why buy it in the first place?