2009-10' GNR New Pics,Vids,Audioo updated*

Frozen Inferno

The SCOM main solo seemed like two guys playing it - maybe Richard in the begining and then DJ jumps in when it's the wha-time.

OMFG - who the fuck butchered Robin's solo on The Blues?!?!?!?!?! :fuckyou:

I was originally planning on seeing them live when they come to Europe, but I'm already worried about an epic butchering of This I Love. BRING BACK THE FINCKSTER!!! For fuck's sake ... :angry:

+1

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SCOM main solo seemed like two guys playing it - maybe Richard in the begining and then DJ jumps in when it's the wha-time.

I was originally planning on seeing them live when they come to Europe, but I'm already worried about an epic butchering of This I Love. BRING BACK THE FINCKSTER!!! For fuck's sake ... :angry:

+1

if it is someone else than ashba, it's Richard. Bumble couldn't play it that well

Edited by henfjel

The Sweet Child solo sounds like Ashba doing the first part and Bumble doing the second one. It's gonna be interesting to see who exactly is playing each part after all, since most of us seem to have different theories ;)

It's not gonna be interesting to HEAR that solo though ... <_<

Well, I'll reserve my judgement for the actual live performances but from what I've heard so far :

-Frank Ferrer's drumming is fine

-Richard is better than ever

-Bumblefoot has a really better tone now. I love it.

BUT

-Dj Ashba has an awesome tone but I'm not quite sure about his playing so far...especially after that SOD solo.

Thought it was kinda sloppy and he tried to stick too much to rythm, which turned the solo into a pretty lame one.

I will give him some rest ( for now ) though, being a rehearsal, his first show etc... :thumbsup:

Guest ben9785

+1

Yes, I have to start to pick out these things also and agree.

Ashba seems to have the idea for the solos on the older songs, with a straight forward approach.. but it seems like he can't get the right kind of vibe or feeling with Robin's solos..

I was looking forward to hearing their live interpretation of "This I Love".. but now I wonder how Ashba is going to take on that solo.. and the other "Chinese Democracy" songs

Otherwise the band sounds great, don't get me wrong...

Edited by ben9785

The KOHD en SCOM solos sounded awesome!! The best in a long long time!

I have my doubts about SOD solo, I missed the high pitched sounds!

Knocking and Sweet Child sounded cool. Correct me if i'm wrong but was Axl singing in those videos? It sounded like him in some parts. Also did DJ and BBF share the solo in Sweet Child?

+1

Yes, I have to start to pick out these things also and agree.

Ashba seems to have the idea for the solos on the older songs, with a straight forward approach.. but it seems like he can't get the right kind of vibe or feeling with Robin's solos..

I was looking forward to hearing their live interpretation of "This I Love".. but now I wonder how Ashba is going to take on that solo.. and the other "Chinese Democracy" songs

Otherwise the band sounds great, don't get me wrong...

Yeah. I did see that coming, tho.

Still, the band sounds really tight. :)

DJ ASHBA will shine !!!! :thumbsup:

he sounds amazing :wub:

he is the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rock3

even if david hasselhoff would play lead guitar in newgnr you would love him...

Haha, that's funny considering she only became a NewGNR fan because of Ashba as far as I remember. So y'might wanna think before you speak.