OFFICIAL Dec 13 Seoul, South Korea Show Thread

Gordon Comstock

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 songs from the new album. That is pathetic!

Second show of the tour, calm down.

They'll play more variety.

I think they'll add more songs when Axl gets in shape. His voice is pretty damn good but the extra weight seems to be tiring him out quicker.

Edited by ITW 2012

I think they'll add more songs when Axl gets in shape. His voice is pretty damn good but the extra wait seems to be tiring him out quicker.

He shouldn't have agreed to tour unless he was in shape enough to give 100% at every show from the start.

This whole "he'll play his way in shape more later in the tour" mentality would piss me off if I had tickets to these early shows as it is not fair to the fans he didn't show up ready to give 100% when he is getting paid for 100% effort at show 1 and show 50.

I'm just saying that this could easily turn into the usual "Oldies but Goldies" tour which I am sure none of us wants. The album is out and there is no reason not to play more of the new album. Compare this show to a show from late September '91. Also, I am not being negative. I am always supportive of Axl but I am allowed to express grief and concern about anything to do with the band on here.

6 songs from the new album. That is pathetic!

It might not be so bad were it not for the fact they played 6 songs from the new album at shows in 2006.

They should be playing 10 new songs a show considering the whole point is to be showcasing the new band and new material.

I think they'll add more songs when Axl gets in shape. His voice is pretty damn good but the extra wait seems to be tiring him out quicker.

He shouldn't have agreed to tour unless he was in shape enough to give 100% at every show from the start.

This whole "he'll play his way in shape more later in the tour" mentality would piss me off if I had tickets to these early shows as it is not fair to the fans he didn't show up ready to give 100% when he is getting paid for 100% effort at show 1 and show 50.

Man, it's not like he fucked up... He shouldn't have agreed to our? People would have gone ballistic.

I completely agree but that's just the way Axl is. I'm just thankful that the tickets I got are for shows that are later on in the tour; in Montreal and Toronto. Axl's going to rip it up in Montreal. It'll most likely be the best show of the tour.

He "shouldn't have agreed to tour"? Can you imagine the fan outrage?! "Axl doesn't think he's skinny enough to tour, cancels dates."

when i heard he said "Thats only the 2nd time ive sung that" after sorry, i thought that was lame. lack of professionalism? maybe he did it once and thought he had it down, and judging by the vids he did a great job, but it would be nice if he prepared for the tour.

i get the impression he was watching basketball or something then went to the airport, then knocked a mofo out, then got on a plane, got in a car, got on stage, and then went "it dont really matter...gonna find out for yourself". like he is just winging it.

axl is still giving 100% tho. his 100% right now might not be what 100% is going to be in a fwe months, but he is still giving 100%. its the preperation that is lacking, imo.

Edited by Jackie Moon

So yesterday, there was a general consensus that Taipei show has been one of GNR`s best ever and now suddenly because they played altogether 1 song less and 2 original songs less I should feel sorry for the poor fans in Seul. I`m sure they`ve got their moneys worth.We all want more songs, but lately I have witnessed to many barely over an hour lasting shows from major acts (Pink, VR, Iron Maiden, RHCP) to be whinning about 2+ hours shows from Axl.

Oh give me a fucking break. :rolleyes:

Axl sounds terrible.

I'm not a hater, but I'm sorry, it's the truth.

He's a shadow of his former self.

ahahhahahahah

+1

that post is so amazingly dumb, that i almost shit in my pants because i started laughing so hard! :rofl-lol:

superhuman, what kind of crack are you high on? :rolleyes:

and btw, i guess from the name superhuman that you like velvet revolver, right?

IMO, he can do whatever the fuck he wants with his band's tour. If he decides just to jam all the concerts what do we do? Who doesn't like it, just don't go see them. I will go see them regardless of everything, even if Axl decides just to sit on his ass on stage and let us do the singing for the most part. I don't care, I know the songs by heart. What matters to me is that he puts out albums of the same quality standard of Chinese Democracy, and keep putting his heart into his lyrics and songs. It's what really impacts my life. The tour, the concerts, IMO, are just the "let's have fun, let's get together and party" part of it all. They are humans like us, don't have to be perfect and actually the beauty of seeing a band live is exactly seeing how they are humans. If they simply nail the songs exactly like they're on the album, what would be the fun of it? What's the fun of watching robots perform?

Axl's just a little out of shape and that's just normal. He will get better as the tour progresses that's for sure. I won't complain, I know a lot of so-called singers that are out there who can't do it better, trying to sing within the same range.

And same goes for the band. You guys are seriously complaining about how DJ went off key in a solo in his first concert with GnR ever, first time he performed those songs to an audience? The guy must have been fucking nervous all the time! Give him a break... And are you serious to complain about how Ron didn't do the solo exactly like Bucket or Robin? He's a different person, remember? It can't be exactly the same. Lastly, are you guys seriosuly picking on the band because at the second concert of the tour they "still" don't know the right pace and mood to songs that they've never/rarely performed before? Things like these can't be rehearsed, they gotta adapt as the tour goes.

Now let's get back to the supportive, positive mood and let the guys have fun with their tour, and let's enjoy it too rock1

IMO, he can do whatever the fuck he wants with his band's tour. If he decides just to jam all the concerts what do we do? Who doesn't like it, just don't go see them. I will go see them regardless of everything, even if Axl decides just to sit on his ass on stage and let us do the singing for the most part. I don't care, I know the songs by heart. What matters to me is that he puts out albums of the same quality standard of Chinese Democracy, and keep putting his heart into his lyrics and songs. It's what really impacts my life. The tour, the concerts, IMO, are just the "let's have fun, let's get together and party" part of it all. They are humans like us, don't have to be perfect and actually the beauty of seeing a band live is exactly seeing how they are humans. If they simply nail the songs exactly like they're on the album, what would be the fun of it? What's the fun of watching robots perform?

Axl's just a little out of shape and that's just normal. He will get better as the tour progresses that's for sure. I won't complain, I know a lot of so-called singers that are out there who can't do it better, trying to sing within the same range.

And same goes for the band. You guys are seriously complaining about how DJ went off key in a solo in his first concert with GnR ever, first time he performed those songs to an audience? The guy must have been fucking nervous all the time! Give him a break... And are you serious to complain about how Ron didn't do the solo exactly like Bucket or Robin? He's a different person, remember? It can't be exactly the same. Lastly, are you guys seriosuly picking on the band because at the second concert of the tour they "still" don't know the right pace and mood to songs that they've never/rarely performed before? Things like these can't be rehearsed, they gotta adapt as the tour goes.

Now let's get back to the supportive, positive mood and let the guys have fun with their tour, and let's enjoy it too rock1

+1

You know I'm glad GN'R is amazing, DJ Ashba and Bumblefoot really show that Guns doesn't need Slash, rather Slash needs Guns. What has Slash done since leaving Guns?! I don't see Slither being called the greatest riff of all time or Fergie nailing Paradise City. Rather, I see Chinese Democracy being talked about in SOME SHAPE OR FORM, negative or positive and I see people saying DJ Ashba nailed the solos.

But in regards to whatever you guys think of Axl. It comes back to one simple thing:

"Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions." - W. Axl Rose

He's come far enough in his life to be able to say fuck what you think you deserve. You're all, rather We're all on HIS terms.