OFFICIAL Dec 13 Seoul, South Korea Show Thread

Gordon Comstock

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why so judgmental on the set list? There are only 13 CD songs after all, and Riad and Scraped aren't really all that great IMO. Maybe Scraped would work.

Someone suggested cutting LALD and KOHD? Those are two of the band's biggest all-time hits and the crowds love them.

Again, concerts are for the crowds - the albums are for the rest of us. Concerts are an experience, not just perfect sound and all up-to-date songs.

these shows need less of the old songs we have heard so much, if they are gana do old songs they need to mix it up and whip out Civil war, estranged or coma or something different

Having heard them play last night, I'm of the absolute conviction that this band will never play anything apart from the stuff they're well familiar with, which means everything on that setlist, and nothing more. Most likely, the band has spent no time rehearsing anything other, for in fact they have no need to. All these concerts are is paid work for the performers, work that's hard and deserving.

z26i1.jpg

Hello 47 year-old Axl trying to be 27 year-old Axl. :)

But Slash keeping the same exact image for 20 years, dressingeactly the same as he did in 1987, that's all cool.

LOL YA BECUZ I WUZ JUS BASHIN AXL, TYME TO BASH SLASSH

Dude, really. :rolleyes:

If you saw my other posts, you'd see that I think Axl looks good. (Though he still has to do away with the mustache) But lets be honest here... Axl seems to be trying to look "younger". Which is why he's got his old hair back (or trying so far) and has brought back his bandannas. He looks good, but he just looks odd also.

Why so judgmental on the set list? There are only 13 CD songs after all, and Riad and Scraped aren't really all that great IMO. Maybe Scraped would work.

Someone suggested cutting LALD and KOHD? Those are two of the band's biggest all-time hits and the crowds love them.

Again, concerts are for the crowds - the albums are for the rest of us. Concerts are an experience, not just perfect sound and all up-to-date songs.

They should do a 4 hour concert or something, that would get through most of the material.

z26i1.jpg

Wow. That's a good one. Very intelligent post there buddy. :sleeper:

And you too. God forbid if I made a small crack at Axl for the first time ever on this board. :rolleyes:

I've been praising Axl since I started, so don't try to make me look like an Axl-cupcake when I make one small joke. :thumbsup:

z26i1.jpg

But Slash keeping the same exact image for 20 years, dressingeactly the same as he did in 1987, that's all cool.

If you saw my other posts, you'd see that I think Axl looks good. (Though he still has to do away with the mustache) But lets be honest here... Axl seems to be trying to look "younger". Which is why he's got his old hair back (or trying so far) and has brought back his bandannas. He looks good, but he just looks odd also.

i don't think removing the braids has anything to do with a want to look younger, its not as if there's an alternative if he was to remove them. by that i mean, removing them gives him his old hair by default, unless of course he were to shave it/cut it off which was never going to happen. also, the fact that he has grown that mustache says anything but a pathetic grasp for a more youthful/classic look.

But lets be honest here... Axl seems to be trying to look "younger". Which is why he's got his old hair back (or trying so far) and has brought back his bandannas. He looks good, but he just looks odd also.

You're going to look old someday too.

Fuck man, I can remember when everyone was bitching about Axl's look not too long ago and wanting him to wear the bandana again and now he does and it's just fucking ridiculous how many fucking whiners there are in this fucked-up world.

Be honest with yourself and everyone around here and in your life and just simply admit that Axl can't ever win for trying.

It's fucking stupid and incredibly old.

I've had enough and it would seem to me that most of the posters are little pimply-faced spoiled rotten punks and know nothing about life or what it's like to go through hell-holes and hard times.

Ever heard of the don jail fuckwads???

z26i1.jpg

i don't think removing the braids has anything to do with a want to look younger, its not as if there's an alternative if he was to remove them. by that i mean, removing them gives him his old hair by default, unless of course he were to shave it/cut it off which was never going to happen. also, the fact that he has grown that mustache says anything but a pathetic grasp for a more youthful/classic look.

i think the bandanna is the only thing that could possibly be traced back to his "younger" days. And I mean, even in 2002 he wore one. Also, I don't remember him ever wearing any collared shirts with Guns N' The Illusions. Well I mean, flannels had collars on them, but I'm talking like, the dress shirts he goes with now, sometimes.

Axl sounds terrible.

I'm not a hater, but I'm sorry, it's the truth.

He's a shadow of his former self.

Now, there's a difference between having an opinion, and just being fucking stupid.

And you're just being fucking stupid.

Oh please. Take off your blinders.

I love Axl too, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna lie to myself and say "he sounds great!".

He was singing off key for half of the show. His scream still sounds as good as ever, but his singing leaves a lot to be desired.

Edited by Superhuman55

Axl sounds terrible.

I'm not a hater, but I'm sorry, it's the truth.

He's a shadow of his former self.

Now, there's a difference between having an opinion, and just being fucking stupid.

And you're just being fucking stupid.

Oh please. Take off your blinders.

I love Axl too, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna lie to myself and say "he sounds great!".

He was singing off key for half of the show. His scream still sounds as good as ever, but his singing leaves a lot to be desired.

he always was off key, apart from a few years in the late 80s buddy! go look.

however, i would rather listen to an off key axl than any other artist - the guy and the band are fuckin great. so much stage presence/energy - axl has the 'x' factor.

Rescuing a nice song ... cool Guns N Roses!

Walk On The Wild Side

Lou Reed

Holly came from Miami, FLA

Hitch-hiked her way across the USA

Plucked her eyebrows on the way

Shaved her legs and then he was a she

She says, Hey babe

Take a walk on the wild side

She said, Hey honey

Candy came from out on the Island

In the backroom she was everybody's darlin'

But she never lost her head

Even when she was giving head

She says, Hey babe

Said, Hey babe

And the colored girls go doo do doo do doo do do doo, ....

Little Joe never once gave it away

Everybody had to pay and pay

A hussle here and a hussle there

New York City's the place where they said, Hey babe

I said, Hey Joe

Sugar Plum Fairy came and hit the streets

Lookin' for soul food and a place to eat

Went to the Apollo

You should've seen 'em go go go

They said, Hey sugar

I Said, Hey babe

All right, huh

Jackie is just speeding away

Thought she was James Dean for a day

Then I guess she had to crash

Valium would have helped that bash

Said, Hey babe,

I said, Hey honey,

And the colored girls say, doo do doo do doo do do doo, .... :)