Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

And another one!

On Wednesday 13th January 2010, @axlrose said:

On a side note, pretty low n' selfish usin' the devastation in Haiti 2 start (false) reunion rumors. R hearts n' prayers go out to the Haitian people.

Is it just me, or did this not even happen? Did I miss some huge rumour? :unsure:

"Looking into organizing a big fund raiser concert for Haiti." http://twitter.com/slashhudson

And another one!

On a side note, pretty low n' selfish usin' the devastation in Haiti 2 start (false) reunion rumors. R hearts n' prayers go out to the Haitian people.

Is it just me, or did this not even happen? Did I miss some huge rumour? :unsure:

"Looking into organizing a big fund raiser concert for Haiti." http://twitter.com/slashhudson

Oh Lord... :rolleyes:

:lol:

Oh my god...

And another one!

Oh Lord... :rolleyes:

http://www.facebook.com/Slash/posts/254388737163

The best part is, only a single person has even mentioned Axl/a reunion so far. :lol:

Someone should let Axl in on the fact that it was only 6 weeks ago Slash held his last benefit concert (the LAYN one) for charity for a cause he supported.

It is not like this is totally out of character for Slash to do as he has done plenty of charity whoring (using your celebrity to help others is good) in the past.

You do have to wonder in what type of warp universe the red head lives in if some how Slash tweeting his intention to organize a benefit concert turned into his quest to stage a massive reunion. The paranoia is amazing, and it is not hard to see how the guy doesn't function normally if he twisted a simple unrelated comment like that into a some big exploitive conspiracy as his tweet implied.

Someone should let Axl in on the fact that it was only 6 weeks ago Slash held his last benefit concert (the LAYN one) for charity for a cause he supported.

It is not like this is totally out of character for Slash to do as he has done plenty of charity whoring (using your celebrity to help others is good) in the past.

You do have to wonder in what type of warp universe the red head lives in if some how Slash tweeting his intention to organize a benefit concert turned into his quest to stage a massive reunion. The paranoia is amazing, and it is not hard to see how the guy doesn't function normally if he twisted a simple unrelated comment like that into a some big exploitive conspiracy as his tweet implied.

Wow. Cynical much?

Where in Axl's tweet did he mention Slash? Please point that out. :rolleyes:

Ali

Yes, I think people need to stop assuming who he is talking about.

O RLY?

Who / what do you think Axl is talking about?

I have no idea, but I don't see why everyone is jumping to the conclusion that it is Slash. Slash never mentioned a reunion in his comments.

O RLY?

I have no idea, but I don't see why everyone is jumping to the conclusion that it is Slash. Slash never mentioned a reunion in his comments.

And Axl never mentioned Slash in his tweet. It is jumping to conclusions.

Ali

O RLY?

Ali

Okay Ali, he's probably talking about a Seinfeld reunion. He didn't specifically mention Guns N' Roses.

Edited by John Bonham

O RLY?

Ali

Okay Ali, he's probably talking about a Seinfeld reunion. He didn't specifically mention Guns N' Roses.

No, not the point. He never said WHO was starting the reunion rumors. Just that they were started. Axl never accused Slash of starting the rumors, yet for some reason everyone assumes that's who he meant.

Ali

No, not the point. He never said WHO was starting the reunion rumors. Just that they were started. Axl never accused Slash of starting the rumors, yet for some reason everyone assumes that's who he meant.

You're right. It is probably totally coincidence that Axl tweets about people using the Haiti crisis as a means to spread reunion rumors not long after Slash, a former GNR member, announces his intentions to organize a benefit concert. All this in the context of there being exactly zero other media rumors of a GNR reunion of any kind (not to mention Slash has been making the rounds talking about how there won't be a GNR reunion).

You're right. It is probably totally coincidence that Axl tweets about people using the Haiti crisis as a means to spread reunion rumors not long after Slash, a former GNR member, announces his intentions to organize a benefit concert. All this in the context of there being exactly zero other media rumors of a GNR reunion of any kind (not to mention Slash has been making the rounds talking about how there won't be a GNR reunion).

Exactly. Slash has said there WON'T be a GN'R reunion. And never once did Slash mention that he's organizing a GN'R reunion for Haitian relief concert. So, again, where do you get that Axl is referring to Slash? You know, besides your own cynicism.

Ali

He's probably talking about fans picking up Slash's tweet and trying to start reunion rumors like "Wow, I wonder if Axl would agree to do that for charity". I've seen posts like today. Slash never mentioned a reunion fo Haiti, and when asked about any type of reunion earlier said No.

People accuse Axl of being paranoid, but it's there quite a bit of that in this thread.

Well, I have to admit I'm abit confused by Axl's twitter post. Who was calling for a reunion? Did I miss something? :question:

If Axl's twitter post is responding to Slash's fundraising effort, then I'm even more confused. Why would Axl feel Slash was calling for a reunion? All I read was that Slash wanted to organize a fundraiser NOT a reunion.

This makes me wonder even more if Axl is even writing his own twitter posts or if someone else is writing them for him - someone who misread Slash's twitter post. I've said all along that I don't think Axl is writing these twitter posts hinmself and that someone else is assisting. Axl - I think you should check out those posts and the information that you're being given.

As for Slash, I think his plan to organize a fundraiser for the people in Haiti is a good one.

If Axl wanted to take part, that would be great - but I don't think anyone is pressuring him to do that. :unsure: