Security at Winnipeg show instructed to turn away people if they showed up in Slash shirts/tophats

madison

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fernando (Beta's son) posted this at HTGTH.

We did not advise any security to ban any sort of apparel.... If they did, they did it on their own accord, or under someone else's order - from within their management.

Edited by droezle

Does anyone else believe that security guards getting paid $10/hour sat around and decided to make more work for themselves by censoring Slash T-shirts??? Or that the head of security would worry about Slash shirts???? The average security guard doesn't even know about Axl's obsurd obsession with ant-Slash sentiment.

If Fernando believes what he says, he needs to find out who in the GNR Camp is acting like a bitch and being so paranoid that loyal GNR fans are having their clothing censored for no reason. This is not something security would do on their own. Axl should have to wear long sleaves at every show too, because Slash's likeness is tattoo'd on his forearm.

"ANYBODY WEARING TSHIRTS WITH SLASH ON IT. TAKE IT OFF OR TURN IT INSIDE OUT. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO WATCH THE SHOW. AXL'S ORDERS" This was repeated over and over as if he was selling popcorn while we were all in a lineup waiting to pass through security. We all laughed at this and couldnt believe he was still doing this like i witnessed in 2006. Again, i love the music and this is not about slogging the band. This is what happened. This is the truth. On my mother!!!

I double confirm this. Security was yelling this at both 2006 and Wed night. I heard it. I saw it.

It's clearly a venue/promoter decision then. I heard nothing of this at the concerts I went to...

I'll take fernando's word over a fucking rent-a-cop, security rarely knows what they're talking about, i'm surprised the guy knew what band was playing.

First, this person was a security manager who has been handling security for big-name bands, ranging from U2 to Bryan Adams, for 22 years. Second, he was the "manager" - not just a security guard. Third, why would he lie to me about this? He even went into great detail about what he was instructed to do with regard to the Slash gear/shirts because he found it so unusual and said the instructions came from Axl.

Now, is it possible someone else in the GNR camp gave him his instructions on Axl's behalf? Sure, although the security manager said it was Axl. But if that's the case, then I think Fernando and others need to find out who is giving instructions on Axl's behalf.

Obviously, this happened.

But, the only real question is whether or not the order came from Axl. Recent history indicates that things do happen in the GN'R world on Axl's behalf without his consent. Therefore, it would be foolish of anyone here to rule that out as a possibility.

Ali

True, but why would they take it upon themselves unless Axl at some point mentioned how he hated seeing this stuff? Also if his management did this without Axl's consent, and he got word of the backlash that would clearly happen from such a "rediculous demands" dont you think somebodys ass would be fried? And AGAIN, this happened here in Winnipeg at the December 2006 show. Axl would have had a long time to think about this. This is clearly Axl's request, i mean DEMAND. Why? Cause he can.

Seeing Slash's picture on a shirt must remind Axl how showing up late to rehersals and shows, bringing in Paul Tobias, and trying to become a dictator ruined the greatest band ever.

You have to tell us more about this daunting first hand experience of yours

It's too confusing.

I just watched a bunch of Guns N' Roses videos on YouTube and Slash featured prominently in ALL OF THEM.

Which videos have Bumblefoot?

You fiend. That's someone else's fault! I mean, Axl surely isnt responsible for the seemingly 0 effort that's been put forth to promote this band.

Someone needs to take a cell phone video outside a show if security starts this no Slash shirt bullshit again.

Which leads to another matter: there's always plenty of people with recording equipment (not just cellphones) at the shows as the youtube videos prove and Axl hates recording the shows. Still these guys somehow manage to get the video cameras inside while the guys in VR shirts can't get in.

Kinda silly.

It's too confusing.

I just watched a bunch of Guns N' Roses videos on YouTube and Slash featured prominently in ALL OF THEM.

You fiend. That's someone else's fault! I mean, Axl surely isnt responsible for the seemingly 0 effort that's been put forth to promote this band.

Axl's just scared that his acting ability in music videos wont match the heartbreaking emotion Duff gives off in this nifty cover of Yesterday's -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zytJ5BravbY

Edited by mr-fukaji

I'll take fernando's word over a fucking rent-a-cop, security rarely knows what they're talking about, i'm surprised the guy knew what band was playing.

First, this person was a security manager who has been handling security for big-name bands, ranging from U2 to Bryan Adams, for 22 years. Second, he was the "manager" - not just a security guard. Third, why would he lie to me about this? He even went into great detail about what he was instructed to do with regard to the Slash gear/shirts because he found it so unusual and said the instructions came from Axl.

Now, is it possible someone else in the GNR camp gave him his instructions on Axl's behalf? Sure, although the security manager said it was Axl. But if that's the case, then I think Fernando and others need to find out who is giving instructions on Axl's behalf.

But, the only real question is whether or not the order came from Axl. Recent history indicates that things do happen in the GN'R world on Axl's behalf without his consent. Therefore, it would be foolish of anyone here to rule that out as a possibility.

Ali

True, but why would they take it upon themselves unless Axl at some point mentioned how he hated seeing this stuff? Also if his management did this without Axl's consent, and he got word of the backlash that would clearly happen from such a "rediculous demands" dont you think somebodys ass would be fried? And AGAIN, this happened here in Winnipeg at the December 2006 show. Axl would have had a long time to think about this. This is clearly Axl's request, i mean DEMAND. Why? Cause he can.

It is NOT clearly Axl's request. Obviously, things have happened on Axl's behalf without his consent. I'll say it again, look at the LAX press release fiasco. And 2006 is completely irrelevant because you have had myself along with several others state that they never saw it at the shows they went to.

Ali

Oh my god Axl :blink:

Why aren't the allowed to wear what the want? There are fucking emo's and gothics at the concerts who look like dead people and a normal guy who has an office job etc. can't were a shirt of his hero? Just because he was in GN'R and was one of the reasons why GN'R were so big?

Really grow up men.

It's too confusing.

Axl's just scared that his acting ability in music videos wont match the heartbreaking emotion Duff gives off in this nifty cover of Yesterday's -

Atleast the're releasing music videos. Oh wait, I'm sorry the released a video for Better didn't they? Oh no, they only promised it.

Edited by saulhudson88

Now would be a good time for Fernando to drop those South American dates on GN'R's OFFICIAL Facebook and MySpace pages.

You know, to kind of shift the attention away from this embarrassing incident.

I love how that always happens like clockwork. Any time now... :D

It's too confusing.

Atleast the're releasing music videos. Oh wait, I'm sorry the released a video for Better didn't they? Oh no, they only promised it.

They are? i thought they split up amidst a massive embarassing public spat. Maybe they broke up over Slash completely refusing to tend to Scott in the toilets while he wailed on a guitar backstage. Duff probably got vomit all over his shiny waistcoat. Those things are expensive you know.

I believe this tbh, cant think the gnr camp would be that fuckin stupid.

Case closed till calgargy.

Fernando (Beta's son) posted this at HTGTH.

We did not advise any security to ban any sort of apparel.... If they did, they did it on their own accord, or under someone else's order - from within their management.

It's too confusing.

Funny how they jump on any Slash news with lightning speed, but no word on the "Better" video for 13 months ...

Ali

It is NOT clearly Axl's request. Obviously, things have happened on Axl's behalf without his consent.

Ali

Like what? History begs to differ.

Please tell me you have more to back that statement up with then the "10 tuesdays" remark or the "airport incident", cause it seems to me that NOTHING, ABOSULTELY NOTHING happens in Gnr land WITHOUT Axl's consent.

Let's see, the hiring of guitarist/band members, releases of cd's/and the dates, promotion or lack thereof, tours, what band members can say, questions interviewers ask, hell even what his own friends (bach) can say in regards to him, etc

Seems to me, Axl has all his ducks in row, when it comes to having complete control over everything that has to do with Gnr.

History just does not back up the idea that this didn't come from Axl.

Ali

It is NOT clearly Axl's request. Obviously, things have happened on Axl's behalf without his consent.

Ali

Like what? History begs to differ.

Please tell me you have more to back that statement up with then the "10 tuesdays" remark or the "airport incident", cause it seems to me that NOTHING, ABOSULTELY NOTHING happens in Gnr land WITHOUT Axl's consent.

Let's see, the hiring of guitarist/band members, releases of cd's/and the dates, promotion or lack thereof, tours, what band members can say, questions interviewers ask, hell even what his own friends (bach) can say in regards to him, etc

Seems to me, Axl has all his ducks in row, when it comes to having complete control over everything that has to do with Gnr.

History just does not back up the idea that this didn't come from Axl.

Like I said on the previous page. Even if Axl's changed, he can NEVER win with you.

Shame...

Ali

It is NOT clearly Axl's request. Obviously, things have happened on Axl's behalf without his consent. I'll say it again, look at the LAX press release fiasco. And 2006 is completely irrelevant because you have had myself along with several others state that they never saw it at the shows they went to.

Ali

Just because you didnt witness it first hand doesnt mean it didnt happen. It fucking happened. Did you see the fist fight by the Tim Hortons? No? I guess that didnt happen either. idiot

Just because you didnt witness it first hand doesnt mean it didnt happen. It fucking happened. Did you see the fist fight by the Tim Hortons? No? I guess that didnt happen either. idiot

They did A LOT of shows in 06/07.

It's real strange we didn't hear a thing about it then.

Like I said, my guess is it was a venue/promoter idea.