Security at Winnipeg show instructed to turn away people if they showed up in Slash shirts/tophats

madison

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone has problems with Slash, why take it out on a fan? I don't feel that Rock in Rio III should have been kicked out, the guy looked like he was just having a good time.

sorry i didnt mean to suggest people would start shit with other concertgoers, i ment people throwing things at axl, antagonizing him. ala airport photographers.

i think we need the frank / axl tie rope more than ever.

come on man...wear a slash=gnr shirt 3 rows back and expect axl to give you the thumbs up? what do you expect.

like i said earlier, im not excusing this behaviour from gnr, im just saying if somebody is walking into a show with a slash shirt and they are rejected, i dont feel bad for them.

fight the power rancid.

Edited by Jackie Moon

If someone has problems with Slash, why take it out on a fan? I don't feel that Rock in Rio III should have been kicked out, the guy looked like he was just having a good time.

sorry i didnt mean to suggest people would start shit with other concertgoers, i ment people throwing things at axl, antagonizing him. ala airport photographers.

i think we need the frank / axl tie rope more than ever.

come on man...wear a slash=gnr shirt 3 rows back and expect axl to give you the thumbs up? what do you expect.

like i said earlier, im not excusing this behaviour from gnr, im just saying if somebody is walking into a show with a slash shirt and they are rejected, i dont feel bad for them.

fight the power rancid.

I think the majority of fans would know the potential impact of wearing the Slash shirt. But there are those who don't really follow all the drama and just go to a GnR concert that might not be thinking much about the Slash shirt they might wear.

I could see non-GNR people who would be affected by a cancelled concert by Axl walking off trying to minimize risk by eliminating pictures of Slash in Axl's face. Axl does have a reputation for walking of for various reasons. But I'm not buying that it was by Axl's orders.

Edited by Orsys

The whole idea that the band asked security to do this is false. I love it how many of you just assume that because an administrator here stated that this is "confirmed", which infers the band ordered this. The band did not. Is this the anti-GNR board now?

Del,

If you are going to come here and talk shit about an admin that has spent years of her life squashing rumors and defending a band (even when there has been no defense) please at least have the courtesy to follow the forum's 'one account per member" policy.

Otherwise, please do us all a favor and go play in heavy traffic.

Edited by Lethal Weapon

So del, the band has absolute control over everything and can put security companies out of business, but no one notices when security is harassing people about wearing slash shirts at the gate? And if someone with the band had seen this, there was nothing they could have done about it? Mr. Axl rose who can see video cameras through hordes of audience members and is willing to punch them out to stop it, did not notice anything like this? Certainly this seems like a group that tries to keep a firm grip on security, making it hard to believe that there was something going on they were unaware of.

Really, maybe axl or the band didnt tell security to do it, but the general consensus is that they absolutely did harass the fans due to reports by numerous concert goers. Fact of the matter is, its hard to believe no one knew it was happening, and if the band knew and as you said didnt really care, they should have told security to stop harassing fans. That's Axl's job.

Edited by tuyfuvk17

Don't be a cunt and wear a Slash t-shirt to a gnr concert and then you have nothing to worry about.

Pretty simple.

Don't like the way Axl operates his show . . . . . don't buy a ticket and don't go. Pretty simple.

But to whine and cry about it?????? Ridiculous.

I'll never understand why a select few on this forum love to bash Axl for every thing he does.

If you DONT like what he does, what Axl represents, his relationship with the old band, etc, etc, etc - then dont post on this forum, don't pay money to go see him live, don't buy his albums. Follow bands that give you pleasure.

Personally, I could give a fuck if a band restricts a specific type of shirt.

I'm going to a concert to LISTEN TO THE MUSIC, not to make a fashion statement.

This issue has nothing to do with the actual music . . . meaning it's a non-issue. The whining is pathetic.

That's all true, Apollo.

But this is petty,small, and makes him look foolish. Its not some crime to say that out loud.

your assuming its axl. im not saying it isnt, but my money is on somebody close to axl, protecting him, and the show. nobody wants axl to storm off stage.

That's all true, Apollo.

But this is petty,small, and makes him look foolish. Its not some crime to say that out loud.

your assuming its axl. im not saying it isnt, but my money is on somebody close to axl, protecting him, and the show. nobody wants axl to storm off stage.

Actually, I can't rule that out. That's a good point.

That's all true, Apollo.

I agree. If he actually did do that, I would agree that it would be pretty childish. And if I was friends with Axl, I'd tell him that it was a bad idea that could cause a lot of bad publicity.

But why are people freaking out about it? Like I said earlier. At the end of the day, are you going to the concert for to make a fashion statement or to listen to music??????? If the MOST important thing for anybody is what shirt they are wearing ........I just don't get it.

I'm just sick of people whining and crying about it. If you don't like Axl's guidelines/rules, then don't go to the show. It's that simple.

You should obviosuly be allowed to wear what you want to wear. This whole thing is ridiculous and Axl is way out of line.

But, on the other hand, spare me that shirt just happened to be the next shirt in the rotation. The one at the top of the drawer, that day. Come on. You are wearing that to make your pissy little point. Fine, perfectly fine. But let's say what it is.

You should obviosuly be allowed to wear what you want to wear. This whole thing is ridiculous and Axl is way out of line.

But, on the other hand, spare me that shirt just happened to be the next shirt in the rotation. The one at the top of the drawer, that day. Come on. You are wearing that to make your pissy little point. Fine, perfectly fine. But let's say what it is.

I agree 100% X. I still find it weird that we really haven't heard about this at any other venues. Granted the tour just started.

I don't see why everyone is making such a big deal . Lets wait and see if this continues in later shows.

exactly. i think the correct course of action here, if this is true, which i have no doubt it is, is to say 'well thats fuckin gay!' and wear a different shirt.

Edited by Jackie Moon