Security at Winnipeg show instructed to turn away people if they showed up in Slash shirts/tophats

madison

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am absolutely amazed at how "mad" some people are getting over this issue.

Some people are pathetic.

Why are you taking a personal offense to this?

Like it or not, this is the current version of Guns n Roses. No matter how much you bitch, whine and moan - it's not going to change anything.

If you don't like the rules that Axl puts into place (if this was even from him) then be an adult about it and DONT GO to the show. Pretty fucking simple.

Don't be a little whiny mah and cry and moan about how Axl isn't the dangerous rock and roll frontman he was 20 years ago. DO something about it.

Leave the forum.

Dont go to his shows.

Dont buy his albums.

Instead of whining and crying about every thing Axl does, go support a band that you CURRENTLY love and enjoy. Pretty simple.

oh, forgot one thing:

"We wanna dedicate this song to the people that hold you back,

the people that tell you how to live, people that tell you HOW TO DRESS,

people that tell you how to talk, people that tell you WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU CAN'T SAY (HTGH shoutout),

I PERSONALLY DON'T NEED THAT!

I DON'T NEED THAT SHIT IN MY LIFE!

Those are the kind of people that get me down, that make me feel like somebody, somebody out there... is OUT TA GET ME!"

Amazing!

the plot thickens...

I have no idea who you called, but he certainly seemed hesitant to tell you anything. He seemed more concerned about finding out who you were and asking you questions - rather than providing answers. And the second guy didn't even know what show you were talking about. He was leafing through pages to figure it out!

The person I spoke to was the security manager for the team that was hired for the show - and he was at the show himself. He went into great detail - far more than I posted here on the forum - about everything he was instructed to do and other stuff that happened at the show. My source is absolutely credible - AND he didn't hesitate about answering any of my questions.

oh, forgot one thing:

"We wanna dedicate this song to the people that hold you back,

the people that tell you how to live, people that tell you HOW TO DRESS,

people that tell you how to talk, people that tell you WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU CAN'T SAY (HTGH shoutout),

I PERSONALLY DON'T NEED THAT!

I DON'T NEED THAT SHIT IN MY LIFE!

Those are the kind of people that get me down, that make me feel like somebody, somebody out there... is OUT TA GET ME!"

Amazing!

ROCK N ROLL FUCK BITCHES!

yeah, whatever. He was a young partykid when he said that. Now he's a 47 year old grump.

the plot thickens...

I have no idea who you called, but he certainly seemed hesitant to tell you anything. He seemed more concerned about finding out who you were and asking you questions - rather than providing answers.

The person I spoke to was the security manager for the team that was hired for the show - and he was at the show himself. He went into great detail - far more than I posted here on the forum - about everything he was instructed to do and other stuff that happened at the show. My source is absolutely credible - AND he didn't hesitate about answering any of my questions.

hey i'm only the messenger. although the person who made the call said the manager from "video 1" identified himself as a person whose initials are R.T.

the plot thickens...

I have no idea who you called, but he certainly seemed hesitant to tell you anything. He seemed more concerned about finding out who you were and asking you questions - rather than providing answers.

hey i'm only the messenger. although the person who made the call said the manager from "video 1" identified himself as a person whose initials are R.T.

"R.T." - whoever that is - is not the person that I spoke with.

Madison it just so happens your the admin here if you were anyone else I would ask the same thing...

Who did you speak to? Name him right here or pm me if your worried

It is nothing against you I just dont see any reason to hold back your source but I could be wrong...

Madison it just so happens your the admin here if you were anyone else I would ask the same thing...

Who did you speak to? Name him right here or pm me if your worried

It is nothing against you I just dont see any reason to hold back your source but I could be wrong...

Why would that matter?

Those guys in the vids seemed clueless, so I definitely wouldn't take their word for it. Fernando is biased; not to mention that he's concerned with doing damage control and trying to minimize Axl's crazy. I don't know if this is a GNR policy or a venue policy. Hell, it could have been Axl was having an incredibly insecure day and decided to implement the rule. Who really knows? But people who don't see this kind of censorship as a big deal are ridiculous to say the least.

the plot thickens...

alright, just looked at mts center's contact list on their web site. RT's initials match up with a person whose position is listed as "Vice President, People & Patron Services" at the arena. The guy said he was at the security meeting for the show and he didn't hear anything of "Axl said for us not to let anyone in who is wearing a Slash or VR shirt." I don't know, maybe he was in the bathroom or something when the instructions were read? But then there's the other person in movie2 who- who knows who they were- but he said he hadn't heard anything of the sort, either. Again, just the messenger.

If it comes down to a your story (you personally) vs. the videos' story, my vote is for the videos as being the more believable. It sounds like your guy was a having a good time telling a tall tale as he kept feeding you more fantastic details and then getting off on the "I've been working security for 22 years" and namedropping different bands and stuff. Plus, you also said "He was more colorful in his comments, but you get the idea." Well, people do tend to become more colorful with their descriptions when making stuff up. The convos in the vids are pretty direct and to-the-point, with both arena employees giving negative answers to the questions. Idunno?

Did the people in the vids know they were being recorded? Legal issues....

lets all decide right now to pick another topic in here and post and fuck this shit, if its true who cares I mean really who cares? Stop blaming one man for everything that goes wrong, Axl is not everyone involved its the name everyone drops when it comes to GNR

Edited by gunsguy

the plot thickens...

alright, just looked at mts center's contact list on their web site. RT's initials match up with a person whose position is listed as "Vice President, People & Patron Services" at the arena. The guy said he was at the security meeting for the show and he didn't hear anything of "Axl said for us not to let anyone in who is wearing a Slash or VR shirt." I don't know, maybe he was in the bathroom or something when the instructions were read? But then there's the other person in movie2 who- who knows who they were- but he said he hadn't heard anything of the sort, either. Again, just the messenger.

If it comes down to a your story (you personally) vs. the videos' story, my vote is for the videos as being the more believable. It sounds like your guy was a having a good time telling a tall tale as he kept feeding you more fantastic details and then getting off on the "I've been working security for 22 years" and namedropping different bands and stuff. Plus, you also said "He was more colorful in his comments, but you get the idea." Well, people do tend to become more colorful with their descriptions when making stuff up. The convos in the vids are pretty direct and to-the-point, with both arena employees giving negative answers to the questions. Idunno?

thank you sherlock for cleaning this up. i mean that.

So in Axls world wearing a shirt of a mass murderer is ok but wearing a slash shirt is not ok? For someone that has been so provocative I had supposed to be more tolerant considering the clothes his fans wear. Sending the kids home for wearing the wrong shirt whatever that may be is low. I hope Axl didnt really request that.

Thank you Madison for investigating (obviously the guy you talked to thought he was telling the truth as he knew it), but I think there is a misunderstanding somewhere. There have been over one hundred GN'R shows since 2001, and never has this happened. This does not add up, the GN'R camp have now denied it, and applying a bit of logic and thinking about this for a second or two makes one realize it's not true. I wore a shirt with Slash on it to a few shows in 2006 in North America, and was near the front--the band saw me, and there was nothing done said or anything. This whole episode is a misunderstanding, and it's not true. Time for this ridiculous chapter to be put to rest. Maybe (I am just hypothesizing), the promoter or someone said "lookout" for guy's trying to start trouble up front, who are possible dressed as Slash or something like that; or security caught wind via walkie-talkie of a guy dressed as Slash trashed out of his mind trying to pick a fight, and they then mistook someone else for him? Most likely, there were a few security guy's who like many steroid raging cops, were a bit too anxious for a fight, and now there manager is covering for them (what I think is what is happening).

Who knows, but there obviously was a misunderstanding. It's quite clear, no one in the band made a request of this nature. It's too bad, that the board and communities energy is getting drained by this. Hope everyone has a great evening, and for those going to the upcoming shows, have a great time.

It did happen though. Who ever gave the order, who knows. But i witnessed it.

Did the people in the vids know they were being recorded? Legal issues....

lets all decide right now to pick another topic in here and post and fuck this shit, if its true who cares I mean really who cares? Stop blaming one man for everything that goes wrong, Axl is not everyone involved its the name everyone drops when it comes to GNR

Not necessarily. In some states, only one person has to be aware of a conversation being recorded. You really think Axl isn't controling GNR? Wow. Santa's not real either, ya know.

Those guys in the vids seemed clueless

Probably because they were questioned about something that never existed to begin with, so what would you expect them to know?

Possibly because they were reprimanded for flapping their yaps in the first place?

But if that's the case, then I think Fernando and others need to find out who is giving instructions on Axl's behalf.

Unless Fernando is the guilty party. I wholeheartedly believe that this dipshit and his mother feed Axl a lot of nonsense to justify their useless "positions" in the GNR camp.

Sucking at the power teet as some might say.

But if that's the case, then I think Fernando and others need to find out who is giving instructions on Axl's behalf.

Unless Fernando is the guilty party. I wholeheartedly believe that this dipshit and his mother feed Axl a lot of nonsense to justify their useless "positions" in the GNR camp.

Dont fucking talk about people like that, he is a member here, and a rock solid great guy anyone who thinks otherwise is jealous of his position in the camp, he is Axls family like it or not,

You're certainly free to believe whatever you wish.

Anyone who's been on this forum for any length of time knows that I'm far more skeptical about rumors than most people, and go out of my way to shoot down false ones. This is why I initially closed the eight-page thread yesterday - because I thought it was a bogus rumor. But I decided to make calls to check into it myself today - and found it was true. My source was not "namedropping different bands" - he was just answering my questions. I asked him everything from where he was that night, his position, what he was told, how long he had been working in this area, what other bands he had worked with - all in effort to verify his credibility. He didn't hesitate in his answers, and there was no reason for him to lie to me.

But hey - believe whatever you like.

You're certainly free to believe whatever you wish.

Anyone who's been on this forum for any length of time knows that I'm far more skeptical about rumors than most people, and go out of my way to shoot down false ones. This is why I initially closed the eight-page thread yesterday - because I thought it was a bogus rumor. But I decided to make calls to check into it myself today - and found it was true. My source was not "namedropping different bands" - he was just answering my questions. I asked him everything from where he was that night, his position, what he was told, how long he had been working in this area, what other bands he had worked with - all in effort to verify his credibility. He didn't hesitate in his answers, and there was no reason for him to lie to me.

But hey - believe whatever you like.

The most credible person on the forum investigates this and calls the security company CONTRACTED to work the event. This is not house MTS Centre security.

Myself and a couple of other forum members witness this at the last two shows and we're called liars.

It did. Who gave the orders? Who knows, but at some level the security company were told "Axl's orders".

You are pathetic fucks and I can't believe there are still people to say this didn't happen and how you can say we're wrong because we didn't enjoy a concert from a band we love and paid good money to see.

Thanks to the support of people who agreed with my initial review and I wish other Winnipegers would speak up.

Madison - don't name any sources. It's not worth getting someone in shit.

Dont fucking talk about people like that, he is a member here, and a rock solid great guy anyone who thinks otherwise is jealous of his position in the camp, he is Axls family like it or not,

Oh, please. :rolleyes:

What makes Fernando such a "rock solid great guy" except for the fact that his mother lives with the man that you secretly want to have sex with? In my opinion, he's using Axl for obvious ulterior motives just as you are kissing his ass to the highest degree in hopes of getting noticed. Personally, I think you are both sickening individuals.