Security at Winnipeg show instructed to turn away people if they showed up in Slash shirts/tophats

madison

It gives me a case of crazy head that you guys are all automatically assuming this is Axl's doing. Why does it have to be his word against everyone else's?

This is totally in line with the type of behavior we would expect out of him. After all, he is the same guy who essentially bankrolls the webmaster at a popular Guns message board in exchange for totalitarian style censorship to create the propaganda world he wishes he could implement every where.

I thought Jarmo did that for free?

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is totally in line with the type of behavior we would expect out of him. After all, he is the same guy who essentially bankrolls the webmaster at a popular Guns message board in exchange for totalitarian style censorship to create the propaganda world he wishes he could implement every where.

As much as it saddens me, this statement is 100% correct. It's just another way to 'condition' the fans into acting the way they want us to. Apparently HTGTH was just the beginning.

As much as it saddens me, this statement is 100% correct. It's just another way to 'condition' the fans into acting the way they want us to. Apparently HTGTH was just the beginning.

When and where was it ever proven that Jarmo runs his site according to directives from Axl and GN'R as opposed to his own personal prerogative? I understand the rumors, but rumors are not proof.

Ali

if i were axl i would do the same thing. the person/ persons who would wear a slash costume or shirt to a new GNR concert only want to piss off Axl and make a statement. a statement being like "this isnt GNR etc"

i didnt believe it at first but still Axl has good reason to do that. Any sonofabitch who would buy a 100 dollar or so ticket and wear a slash top hat must be a Grade A hater. If u think about it, it makes sense to stop it.

Madison,

All due respect, what is the point of this thread? What is gained by bringing this up? In all honesty, your source is nobody (literally- you just said "a security manager.") There are so many different routes you could go with that make what you wrote seem extremely questionable. I'm very curious to know your motives with this.

For the record -and because I know Axl, Fernando, Beta, etc. may browse here from time to time, I don't buy this story.

Great post!

People who goes to a GN'R concert with a Slash shirt tends to ruin it for everybody

Yeah, you are right.

Why do they need to wear a Slash t-shirt? Come on... :rolleyes:

Oh my God, it's just a fucking shirt.

If I go to a vr show, I won’t wear an Axl t-shirt. It’s ridiculous.

When and where was it ever proven that Jarmo runs his site according to directives from Axl and GN'R as opposed to his own personal prerogative? I understand the rumors, but rumors are not proof.

Ali

:rofl-lol:

Are you serious? How about the fact that Jarmo is on tour with GNR right now? I know it is Jarmo's site and he can run it as he pleases but you gotta be on some heavy duty drugs to think that there isn't some input from GNR MGMT/Axl. ANYTHING remotely negative is deleted. This thread wouldn't last two minutes on that site. I don't know if the fans there visit other sites or if they are truly brainwashed into thinking everything is hunky dory.

I'm aware of how the site is run and how it's far more restrictive than this site in terms of what can be said. But, how do you know that he's not on tour because of the way he chooses to run his site on his accord, and not that he runs his site the way he does in exchange for going on tour? I mean, has this ever been proven? Not suspected, but proven. Have I missed something regarding this that came out?

Ali

oh, forgot one thing:

"We wanna dedicate this song to the people that hold you back,

the people that tell you how to live, people that tell you HOW TO DRESS,

people that tell you how to talk, people that tell you WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU CAN'T SAY (HTGH shoutout),

I PERSONALLY DON'T NEED THAT!

I DON'T NEED THAT SHIT IN MY LIFE!

Those are the kind of people that get me down, that make me feel like somebody, somebody out there... is OUT TA GET ME!"

Madison,

All due respect, what is the point of this thread? What is gained by bringing this up? In all honesty, your source is nobody (literally- you just said "a security manager.") There are so many different routes you could go with that make what you wrote seem extremely questionable. I'm very curious to know your motives with this.

For the record -and because I know Axl, Fernando, Beta, etc. may browse here from time to time, I don't buy this story.

This is NOT a story that I would have posted as news.

However, yesterday I closed an eight-page thread about this topic because I didn't believe it. I thought it was a bogus rumor and didn't want forum members to continue debating an untrue rumor. We go to great lengths to ensure the news and information that's posted here is accurate and reliable. We don't censor news, but we do shoot down untrue rumors whenever we see them.

However, when I checked into this rumor myself and spoke to the security manager, I discovered the rumor was true. It's not our forum's policy to censor discussion on "true" information. I made a mistake by closing the thread yesterday, and that's why I re-opened the discussion. If I had just re-opened the existing thread, people would have had to read through eight pages of fighting over whether the security policy was true before finding out that it was.

This is the only reason I started a thread about it. :(

I'm aware of how the site is run and how it's far more restrictive than this site in terms of what can be said. But, how do you know that he's not on tour because of the way he chooses to run his site on his accord, and not that he runs his site the way he does in exchange for going on tour? I mean, has this ever been proven? Not suspected, but proven. Have I missed something regarding this that came out?

Ali

So, in other words, even something as blantant as Jarmo's servitude is not proovable unless he comes right out and says "Well yes, I am just a starstruck fan who's completely under their thumb. Thanks for asking!"

C'mon. ;)

Edited by sofine11

You have to wonder what the current line up makes of things like this, surely attention should be about them and not what a PAYING fan wears.Kind of reminds me of the couples who split and do nothing but focus on the ex even when they have a new partner.As much as he would like to wipe the history books he can't because without Slash his history would look very different.His singular views and complete hatred for one man will or is consuming him to the point of complete lunacy.It is a fucking T shirt for gods sake, lighten up and enjoy things more.

I wasn't even aware they could afford to turn fans away, obviously they are selling out arenas?

if i were axl i would do the same thing. the person/ persons who would wear a slash costume or shirt to a new GNR concert only want to piss off Axl and make a statement. a statement being like "this isnt GNR etc"

i didnt believe it at first but still Axl has good reason to do that. Any sonofabitch who would buy a 100 dollar or so ticket and wear a slash top hat must be a Grade A hater. If u think about it, it makes sense to stop it.

I'm sorry kid that you missed out on when GNR were truly the MOST DANGEROUS BAND IN THE WORLD and there were riots and things to worry about other than fans wearing fucking SLASH shirts.

Why doesn't Axl stop performing Slash songs if we can't wear his shirts into the shows?

sorry if u still think this is the most dangerous band in the world. they are not. its irrelevant to the evolved new GNR.

Ali

So, in other words, even something as blantant as Jarmo's servitude is not proovable unless he comes right out and says "Well yes, I am just a starstruck fan who's completely under their thumb. Thanks for asking!"

C'mon. ;)

No, that's not what I meant.

I mean, is it proven that Sanctuary did help him out with server-issues? Is that something that GN'R management is still helping him with? I figured there would be ways of finding this out to better support a claim that his site is being run under outside influence.

Ali

This is NOT a story that I would have posted as news.

However, yesterday I closed an eight-page thread about this topic because I didn't believe it. I thought it was a bogus rumor and didn't want forum members to continue debating an untrue rumor. We go to great lengths to ensure the news and information that's posted here is accurate and reliable. We don't censor news, but we do shoot down untrue rumors whenever we see them.

However, when I checked into this rumor myself and spoke to the security manager, I discovered the rumor was true. It's not our forum's policy to censor discussion on "true" information. I made a mistake by closing the thread yesterday, and that's why I re-opened the discussion. If I had just re-opened the existing thread, people would have had to read through eight pages of fighting over whether the security policy was true before finding out that it was.

This is the only reason I started a thread about it. :(

Just ask management , I'm sure merck will confirm or deny it straight away, he usually does

Oh wait, wrong decade now

Edited by hopkins

People who goes to a GN'R concert with a Slash shirt tends to ruin it for everybody

Yeah, you are right.

Why do they need to wear a Slash t-shirt? Come on... :rolleyes:

Oh my God, it's just a fucking shirt.

If I go to a vr show, I won’t wear an Axl t-shirt. It’s ridiculous.

you wouldn't go to a VR show

It's sort of a bit of bullshit from both sides, although more from management or whoever decided to turn people away. It's true that generally, most people would realise why it might not be the best idea to go a NuGnR show wearing a Velvet Revolver shirt, the same reason you don't walk through Vietnam covered in USA body paint (you get the idea), but they should have never been banned in the first place.

Double sided bullshit :)

Ali

C'mon. ;)

No, that's not what I meant.

I mean, is it proven that Sanctuary did help him out with server-issues? Is that something that GN'R management is still helping him with? I figured there would be ways of finding this out to better support a claim that his site is being run under outside influence.

Ali

I like you, in general i find your positive look at thing refreshing but lets not pretend things are anything other than they really are.Jarmo has his way of doing things to suit his needs and fair play to him but to do it he censors what is required.He should at least have the good grace to not refer to his site as a fan forum when it is anything but.Jarmo is a discrace to the term fan in my opinion and should just ask to be placed on the very quiet and subservient payroll