The Calgary Show at Pengrowth Saddledome

Loaded

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sound on the floor was excellent, I was about 4 or 5 rows back on the floor on the left side. I don't think the sound in Edmonton will be any better in the stands as I was at Megadeth/Slayer last year and the sound sucked from up in the stands. Maybe it's just the nature of these types of venues as hockey arenas probably weren't designed with acoustics in mind.

Axl's voice was amazing! He looks like he's already slimmed down a bit from how he looked in the Korea video clips... not surprising when you see him tearing all over the stage ripping shit up! Awesome show!

My Review:

First off.... holy fuck!!

This entire trip was made in a single moment... during the last part of Street Of Dreams, Axl came running up the center runway (i was to the right of it, front row). He turns, and right before he sings "Is only memories..." we make eye contact, and lock eyes. we are basically singing right at each other! we sing the "only memories" line, and he gets a HUGE fuckin grin on his face, laughs a bit and does the rest of the song. you can see it a little bit in this video. At that part he is literally right in front of me.

cant really do a whole review now.... here are the highlights:

- Me and Axl singin' S.O.D.

- After November Rain, Ron starts jammin and the rest of the band joins in. Axl starts bangin on the piano and gets his foot on it, and actually kicks the camera off the top of the piano. After the jam he picks it up and makes funny faces into it.

- After Chinese, he says "So... my people, forgot me at the hotel! So i had to take a cab here - second slowest cab i've ever been in! the only one that was slower than this one was in arizona, the only time that guy went fast is when we got to the parking lot and the crowd goes "THERE HE IS!" -- right into Jungle

- The setlist was amazing, Axl sang the Shackler's chorus differently than on the album, and it sounded great! he sounded amazing the whole night!!

- After the show, they came out to do the bows, they had about 3 chicks bring out trays of tequila (the also did this when they brought out Bubbles) and they threw some shotglasses out into the crowd, and I got Tommys.

This was, without a doubt, the experience of a fucking lifetime.

That was awesome RickRoses!!! you're so lucky!!

the concert was definitely better than the last time they came to calgary. I was front row at both concerts and you could definitely see that the band had better chemistry, they were joking around and having fun. Axl was in an awsome mood and even when some one threw a glow stick at him he laughed it off. and my 14 year old sister caught a drum stick :P

I loved the crack he made about the coke straw not being big enough as well! :lol:

the concert was definitely better than the last time they came to calgary. I was front row at both concerts and you could definitely see that the band had better chemistry, they were joking around and having fun. Axl was in an awsome mood and even when some one threw a glow stick at him he laughed it off. and my 14 year old sister caught a drum stick :P

Rick Roses - How early did you get there to be in that position in general admission. What did you do for bathroom breaks????

i got there at about 3:00, and i didnt have a bathroom break! i NEVER have to piss at concerts, cuz im just so into the band its like i forget. once the shows over though, thats a different story, haha

• 1 year later...